Please keep NS430 pop-up in an absolute space like the kneeboard (not floating constantly in front of player view)

hannibal

the recent OB update now allows coordinate data to be pulled from F10 map to be displayed as a fixed point in space text box, similar to show controls indicator, or multicrew buddy request or kneeboard... (THIS IS USEFUL)

PLEASE also make the NS430 pop-up to be the same, it is not useful to have the NS430 floating directly in front of player view in VR where ever the player looks..

hoping this can fixed in near future...

any word on this mister @Flappie !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 4:24 AM, Flappie said:

I can pass it along to devs, but I need other players to express the same need, first.

Let's use this other thread to work on this issue:

Consider me to be "another player expressing the same need".  I have flown behind the 430 IRL and would love to be able to use it in DCS, but having it float in front of my face is a dealbreaker.

Ideally, i would like to be able to position it the same we we can reposition the framerate counter display.  Super ideally, I would like to be able to slap it anywhere in the cockpit in 3 dimensions, but even just being able to slap it anywhere on the "menu plane" would be an improvement which takes this from "unusable" to "amazing"

• Like 2

I just found out about this and decided to pick it up on a whim on sale.  As a VR user, I'm going to tinker around with it to get to work on 2D jets and warbirds.  I bought the 3D model bracket for the Gazelle along with it and that works fine in VR.  I'll get it sorted eventually, but it would have been nice to just have it work "out of the box."  Although I do understand that VR is a big can of worms to troubleshoot for.

• Like 1

• hannibal changed the title to Please keep NS430 pop-up in an absolute space like the kneeboard (not floating constantly in front of player view)
On 9/6/2023 at 4:03 PM, 2Fox_2Furious said:

I just found out about this and decided to pick it up on a whim on sale.  As a VR user, I'm going to tinker around with it to get to work on 2D jets and warbirds.  I bought the 3D model bracket for the Gazelle along with it and that works fine in VR.  I'll get it sorted eventually, but it would have been nice to just have it work "out of the box."  Although I do understand that VR is a big can of worms to troubleshoot for.

It's a handy tool..just not convenient to use at this moment for VR folks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on this? I need it working properly in my VR and I use a lot in Su-25 for accuracy bombing. 

Sometimes I go inverted looking for enemy so having the GPS floating around will be a nightmare. 

also if ED can do a 3D front panel model of this device and allow us attached in certain places in cockpit that will be the best. Even when the price get increased that will be appreciated. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 10/21/2023 at 7:18 PM, pepin1234 said:

Any news on this? I need it working properly in my VR and I use a lot in Su-25 for accuracy bombing. 

Sometimes I go inverted looking for enemy so having the GPS floating around will be a nightmare. 

also if ED can do a 3D front panel model of this device and allow us attached in certain places in cockpit that will be the best. Even when the price get increased that will be appreciated. 

i just tried it in VR with the 2.9 OB update. it is STILL UNusable and annoyinh\g with the the NS430 floating in front of my face...

• Like 1

I ask myself how they imagined the use of NS430 in VR… it’s is literally in the middle of sight… we should see the device all the time to correct flight deviation but at the same time we must see the rest of the Instruments. The way they implemented the VR use is just nonsense. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2023 at 10:49 AM, pepin1234 said:

I ask myself how they imagined the use of NS430 in VR… it’s is literally in the middle of sight… we should see the device all the time to correct flight deviation but at the same time we must see the rest of the Instruments. The way they implemented the VR use is just nonsense. 

still hoping that ED will address this in future patch.

although the NS430 popup is functional again in multithread exe, 

many of us would like NS430 to be in a fixed position like the kneeboard, and NOT floating in front of the player's face..

Edited by hannibal

2 hours ago, hannibal said:

still hoping that ED will address this in future patch.

although the NS430 popup is functional again in multithread exe, 

many of us would like NS430 to be in a fixed position like the kneeboard, and NOT floating in front of the player's face..

I don't know if that was already in old beta versions but I gotta do that. you need activate the trackers with gloves

Screen_231128_231216.jpg

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

I don't know if that was already in old beta versions but I gotta do that. you need activate the trackers with gloves

looks cool but i fly with PointCtrl and physical HOTAS. i DO NOT care to fly with VR hand tracked controllers... but still cool if i were one of those virtual pilots that do use gloves.

• 4 months later...

Please keep NS430 pop-up in an absolute space like the kneeboard? "I need other players to express the same need, first." I'm another user who is expressing such a need AND IN VR PLEASE!

Edited by plott1964

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2