DTOS question

DD_fruitbat

5 hours ago, Furiz said:

Is it correct that countdown in DTOS mode doesn't go down to 0 when the bomb release que reaches flight path marker and bomb releases?

I don't think so, no.

AFAIK the countdown timer should show the time until the next action event. The full list of events is as follows:

1. Time to steerpoint (pre-designation)
  2. Time to pull-up for toss attack - not present in DCS
  3. Time to first solution cue (bombs release for toss attack) - not present in DCS.
  4. Time to second solution cue (bombs release for level attack).
  5. Time to impact (for at least LGBs).
  6. Time to steerpoint (if the target is undesignated or at least I think).

Once the preceding action event passes, the timer should reset and count down to the next.

Edited by Northstar98
pull-up angle is something you can set AFAIK, not necessarily 45°
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Ok, but the problem is that DTOS countdown doesn't stop with bomb release (when time delay cue reaches flight path marker), in fact the countdown doesn't reach 0 at that point, it is set to higher number, depending on aircraft altitude,

so if I release GBU-12 at the moment when TDC reaches FPM the DTOS countdown that continues reaches 0 when bomb impacts the ground. Then when the bomb impacts the ground a new countdown starts.

Shouldn't that countdown reset when TDC touches FPM and bomb is released?

You can see that on my track.

DTOS countdown.trk

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

I don't think so, no.

AFAIK the countdown timer should show the time until the next action event. The full list of events is as follows:

1. Time to steerpoint (pre-designation)
  2. Time to 45° toss cue - not present in DCS
  3. Time to first solution cue (bombs release for toss attack) - not present in DCS.
  4. Time to second solution cue (bombs release for level attack).
  5. Time to impact (for at least LGBs).
  6. Time to steerpoint (if the target is undesignated or at least I think).

Once the preceding action event passes, the timer should reset and count down to the next.

So basically we have another half-assed system that ED has implemented. What else is new I guess…

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

49 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Ok, but the problem is that DTOS countdown doesn't stop with bomb release (when time delay cue reaches flight path marker), in fact the countdown doesn't reach 0 at that point, it is set to higher number, depending on aircraft altitude,

It sounds like it isn't giving you the time to go for the solution cue, and is instead giving you the time to go for something else.

Pre-designation, the time to go should display time to the currently selected steerpoint, once designated it first displays time to go for pull-up for toss attack (not in DCS), once that is reached it then displays time to release for the first solution cue (bomb release for toss attack - again not in DCS), once that has passed it shows time to release for the 2nd solution cue (bomb release for level attack).

Once bombs are released I think the time-to-go should be time to impact (at least for LGBs).

The HAF -34-1-1 for the Block 50 clearly states that time to go should be for pull-up and release.

so if I release GBU-12 at the moment when TDC reaches FPM the DTOS countdown that continues reaches 0 when bomb impacts the ground. Then when the bomb impacts the ground a new countdown starts.

Hmm, sounds like its only giving you time to impact, it should give you time to release.

Shouldn't that countdown reset when TDC touches FPM and bomb is released?

AFAIK, yes, and it does appear to do so in your track.

And it should either give you time to impact, time to level release cue (in DCS, seeing as we don't have the pull-up cue or the time to toss release cue) or time to steerpoint if the target is undesignated.

You can see that on my track.

DTOS countdown.trk 439.77 kB · 0 downloads

I think it's giving you time over designation point, when it should be showing you time to release.

When you release, the timer resets to show you time to impact (in the instant before release, the timer reads 30 seconds, and at the moment of release it shows 35 seconds), and then once the time to impact reaches 0, it resets to show you time over designation point again (and starts counting up as you're flying away from it).

However, once designated, my understanding is that it should show you the time to level release (seeing as we don't have the pull-up cue or the toss release cue).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

31 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Time to release is wrong as I see it.

The problem is that it's not giving you time to release at all, in your track the timer didn't reset after you designated the target, so its giving you time over designation point, instead of time to release.

Edited by Northstar98

System:

Yeah, missing the time to release.

Once we have toss functionality, we should also see the countdown timer display:

1. time to pull-up
  2. time to release for toss (accompanied by the PUAC)
  3. time to release for level/dive release

In that order, and the timer should reset and display for the next event once the timer for the current event reaches 0.

The -34-1-1 (for Greek Block 50s) explicitly mentions that there should be a time to pull-up and time to release displayed by the timer.

Right now there's just time to designation point and time to impact.

• Thanks 1

System:

• ED Team

this is already reported by the team and they will investigate the timings 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2