Bandit on Demand™ v2 - spawn bandits (with your voice or F10), anywhere, any map. BFM/BVR

Update: version 2 attached - 20 aircraft types - choose AI skill level, set angels / altitude. Now playable with F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18, F-5, A-4

Hello this is a universal BFM/BVR training mission/script which allows you to spawn bandits with your voice (VoiceAttack). If you don't have VoiceAttack, the F10 menu works as well but not as convenient.

CAUCASUS

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320774/

MARIANAS

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320868/

SYRIA

Attached, does NOT require A4

bandit on demand v2.png
COMBO voice commands:

• "Spawn four Mig 21 at 10 miles" - 4x Mig21 will spawn on your 12'o clock at 10 miles, equal altitude to your aircraft
  • "Spawn one F-18 at 50 miles, angels 30"- 1x F-18 will spawn on your 12'o clock at 50 miles, at 30,000 feet
  • "Spawn two A-10 on my six" - 2x A-10 will spawn on your 6'o clock at 1 mile, equal altitude to your aircraft

SETTINGS voice commands:

• "Missiles On/Off" - bandits spawn with missiles or guns
  • "Sam sites On/Off" - turns SAM sites on / off
  • "Set bandit count 4" - next wave will spawn 4 bandits
  • "Set bandit skill (average good high ace)"
  • "Set bandit type (F16 F18 F15 F14 SU27 SU30 MIG29 MIG31 MIG21 A10 Bf109 A4 F5 Fw190 I16 MiG15 MiG19 Mosquito P51D Spitfire)" - Sets bandit aircraft type for next spawn
  • "set bandit distance (1-150) miles" - Sets enemy distance to 1,5,10.25,50,75,100,150 miles
  • "Set bandit distance on my six" - next wave will spawn 1 mile on your 6'o clock
  • "Set bandit altitude 30 thousand feet" - Next bandits will spawn at 30,000 feet
  • "Set bandit angels 5" - Next bandits will spawn at 5,000 feet
  •  "Set bandit angels same as me" - Next bandits will spawn at your altitude
  • "Set bandit altitude 30 thousand feet" - Next bandits will spawn at 30,000 feet
  • "Set bandit altitude equal" - Next bandits will spawn at your altitude
  • "Spawn random bandits" - spawns 1-4 random bandits at previous distance
  • "Spawn bandit group" - spawns bandits with current/last used settings

It gets pretty intense at times. AI skill level can now be changed before spawning bandits. Adding more support to choose fuel level and smoke on/off for bandits. Im still learning the Tomcat and needed more "engagements" to practice, so I extended sesksa's script with more functionalty and created VoiceAttack commands.

Voice Profile .vap : import in VoiceAttack. Unbind F11 and F12 keys, so that the radio menu can be operated from anywhere without switching to external views.

Installing with VAICOM, see

The script bandit_on_demand.lua can be added to any map.
latest version on github

command reference.html Bandit On Demand-Profile.vap Bandit on Demand v2.miz

Bandit on Demand Syria.miz

Edited by winghunter
upload BanditOnDemand v2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

That looks VERY cool, love it.

In addition, is it viable to add in altitude and bearing for the bandit?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hey, sure i think you can easily extend this. The mission is attached. And the VoiceAttack profile.

What would be the use case for setting the bandit heading ?

Edited by winghunter

2 hours ago, winghunter said:

Hey, sure i think you can easily extend this. The mission is attached. And the VoiceAttack profile.

What would be the use case for setting the bandit heading ?

Thanks for the link, I’ll take a scan.

ref scenarios, a few that spring to mind:

- vary range to be able to practice BVR or WVR

- vary height just to mix things up

- vary the bearing such that you can simulate the bandit approaching from a location that makes sense, eg the rough location of any enemy air base. That could be used in solo play, or also by say a mission controller for a PVE squadron mission

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

You can already vary the spawn range, in steps between 1nm and 150nm is that sufficient ?

The bearing can be controlled with your aircraft heading, the bandits always spawn on your 12 or 6 o clock position

The altitude could be added indeed, like you could say "Spawn four Mig 21 at 10 miles, angels 25"

On 2/20/2022 at 7:45 PM, Mr_sukebe said:

Thanks for the link, I’ll take a scan.

ref scenarios, a few that spring to mind:

- vary range to be able to practice BVR or WVR

- vary height just to mix things up

- vary the bearing such that you can simulate the bandit approaching from a location that makes sense, eg the rough location of any enemy air base. That could be used in solo play, or also by say a mission controller for a PVE squadron mission

You can already vary the spawn range, in steps between 1nm and 150nm is that sufficient ?

The bearing can be controlled with your aircraft heading, the bandits always spawn on your 12 or 6 o clock position

The altitude could be added indeed, like you could say "Spawn four Mig 21 at 10 miles, angels 25"

Added "historic" enemy type submenu and skill menu, coming to next version.

grafik.png

grafik.png

• Like 1

Just given both missions a try.

The Syria mission stopped with an error just after loading.  The error was related to the script as I was able to continue with the mission, but the logic for the spawning didn't work.

The Cauc mission worked perfectly.  That is seriously bloody awesome.  Just love it.

So first off, my thanks and admiration for building it.

Secondly, would you be OK for me to incorporate your script into some of my own missions?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Secondly, would you be OK for me to incorporate your script into some of my own missions?

Sure, i have an updated version releasing today which includes:

• "set enemy skill (average;good;high;ace)"
  • "spawn 1 F-18 at 25 miles, angels 30" - angels can be set to [1;5;10;15;20;25;30;40;50] or "equal" for equal altitude to your aircraft
  • "spawn [F16;F18;F15;F14;SU27;SU30;MIG29;MIG31;MIG21;A10;Bf109;A4;F5;Fw190;I16;MiG15;MiG19;Mosquito;P51D;Spitfire]" - 20 modern and historic aircraft types

Edited by winghunter

• winghunter changed the title to Bandit on Demand™ - spawn bandits with your voice, anywhere, any map. BFM/BVR

Update: version 2 uploaded

• choose 20 aircraft types, including historic
  • Now playable with F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18, F-5, A-4
  • choose AI skill level
  • set angels / altitude
  • Added friendly Patriot SAM site at airport
  • Added enemy SA-2, and S-200 sites. Can be activated by saying "SAM sites on"

• Thanks 1

• winghunter changed the title to Bandit on Demand™ v2 - spawn bandits with your voice, anywhere, any map. BFM/BVR

Some people dont want to install the A4 mod, here is a Syria mission without the A4.

UPDATED: teleport script. Create a marker on F10 map to teleport / respawn at that location

Bandit on Demand Syria.miz

Edited by winghunter

It should not be a big issue if you dont have the F-14, just select another aircraft from the list before the mission starts.

I dont know about the menu, can you make a video ? Do you have voice attack enabled ? Or does this happen even without voice attack?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also curious on why you created the MOD just for BLUFOR. Script limitations or else?

What is the equivalent of 

local player = coalition.getPlayers(coalition.side.BLUE)[1]

but for any players (red, blue or neutral) in Multiplayer?

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I only fly singleplayer thats why i havent developed any options to spawn other coalitions. If someone has a multiplayer server where we can test it I'd look into adding multiplayer support.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:16 PM, Tuuvas said:

This is some awesome work @winghunter!  Could I suggest a clean-up option in the radio menu to remove alive enemy aircraft?  No biggie if not - it'd mostly be for multiplayer purposes to avoid restarting the server any time we want a blank slate.

Not sure what you mean by this ? To remove aircraft from the F10 menu list which already spawned ?

• winghunter changed the title to Bandit on Demand™ v2 - spawn bandits (with your voice or F10), anywhere, any map. BFM/BVR
On 1/7/2023 at 5:32 AM, winghunter said:

I only fly singleplayer thats why i havent developed any options to spawn other coalitions. If someone has a multiplayer server where we can test it I'd look into adding multiplayer support.

Not sure what you mean by this ? To remove aircraft from the F10 menu list which already spawned ?

Yes, correct.  Despawn/destroy all alive AI aircraft with a F10 menu option.  This would be a way to reset without having to restart the mission or wait for the AI to run out of fuel/land.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2022 at 5:17 AM, Mr_sukebe said:

Just given both missions a try.

The Syria mission stopped with an error just after loading.  The error was related to the script as I was able to continue with the mission, but the logic for the spawning didn't work.

The Cauc mission worked perfectly.  That is seriously bloody awesome.  Just love it.

So first off, my thanks and admiration for building it.

Voice Profile .vap : import in VoiceAttack. Unbind F11 and F12 keys, so that the radio menu can be operated from anywhere without switching to external views.   when this is done is that done from the controls dialoueg within the game ?