F-86 Show me your Gun skills in a short track replay

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi all, 

I am looking for short track replays using guns, with manual ranging and with radar. 

Show me your skills and give me your feedback. 

you can use the attached track replay and take control by pressing escape and selecting take control. 

Thank you

86.trk

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

@BIGNEWYI am honestly surpised that this topic came up... but glad that there appears some kind of movement in the topic of the Korean Birds.

I only made shots with the gunsight in radar mode. Aaaand I took the liberty to modify your mission and put in the opponent the Sabre fought against primarily. Two tracks, two short videos in SLOWMO, two tacviews, two pics.

Su-27

86_su27.trkTacview-20220228-194719-DCS-86_7.trk.zip.acmi

f-86_su-27.jpg

MiG-15bis

86_mig15.mizTacview-20220228-231747-DCS-86_MiG15_3.trk.zip.acmi

f-86_mig-15.jpg

The Bullets fall always short. Some significant lead is required WITH the gunsight to hit the target. I aim at the fuselage, miss. I aim at the cockpit, miss. Only at very close distances you can hit the aircraft's tail-section when you aim for the cockpit. In the case of the MiG-15 even ahead of the cockpit to hit the aircraft.

My bet is that, if the bullets get their speed adjusted to the correct value, then the gunsight would work as supposed.

But since ED decided to encrypt the luas, I can't check that hypothesis by myself.

Bignewy, perhaps you could get a modified LUA with the correct V0 for the bullets and post it here to have us try it with that setting?!

Fox

• Like 7
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This issue is as old as the module which released many years ago.

The details are all linked below.

My question here asks "Why has there been no final answer from the Devs on the ammunition in the Sabre after all these years and has this issue been forgotten?"

Nineline, Bignewy, you've forwarded the topic up to the devs already. That's done and I thank you. 

May I ask you to now ask the devs the above question?

For those unfamilar, there are a number threads about this topic, and I'm including three;

Edited by JokerMan
Spelling
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team
3 hours ago, SoW Reddog said:

Did this ever go anywhere? Such a shame that the main purpose of this aircraft is so badly hobbled. 

report is still open, but I have no news to share currently 

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 10/25/2022 at 11:26 PM, BIGNEWY said:

report is still open, but I have no news to share currently 

Merging my thread is understandable. But please, kind request, please do not close off this particular thread. 
No one really enjoys having to start yet another thread for this same topic. However, how else can we continue to highlight / keep top of mind, this issue, if the previous threads on the topic get closed before any resolution has been communicated. I appreciate that sometimes, threads need to be curated!

As the forum moderators, of course you cannot effect the change itself but surely, you may appreciate that it's incrediable that this topic has been in this status for so long without any final answer.

In any case, thanks Bignewy and NineLine for communicating this up to the Dev's.
I trust you'll both continue to advise the Dev's that the community are still patiently waiting for some closure on this multi year old topic. 

S! 

• Like 2

• ED Team
1 minute ago, JokerMan said:

Merging my thread is understandable. But please, kind request, please do not close off this particular thread. 
No one really enjoys having to start yet another thread for this same topic. However, how else can we continue to highlight / keep top of mind, this issue, if the previous threads on the topic get closed before any resolution has been communicated. I appreciate that sometimes, threads need to be curated!

As the forum moderators, of course you cannot effect the change itself but surely, you may appreciate that it's incrediable that this topic has been in this status for so long without any final answer.

In any case, thanks Bignewy and NineLine for communicating this up to the Dev's.
I trust you'll both continue to advise the Dev's that the community are still patiently waiting for some closure on this multi year old topic. 

S! 

We close threads for various reason, most common reason is a report has been made and no additional information is needed or a thread has run its course. Its always best to send us a PM if you have questions about moderation as it will inevitably will derail a thread, we are also dealing with hundreds of users weekly, on the forums, social media, discord, PM's, support and emails so to keep up with every postings can be difficult, but we try our best. As mentioned feel free to PM me or @NineLine any time. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

@BIGNEWY and @NineLine

Can you ask the developer team if they have any update for this gun issue  please.

I appreciate you have already passed up this request.

Is there an expected date in 2023 for any answer / status update / decision about addressing it, from the developer team?

S!

Edited by JokerMan
spelling
  • Like 2

• ED Team

I understand the frustrations, and I will again bump the issue, but that is all I can do currently 

thank you

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 1:41 PM, BIGNEWY said:

I understand the frustrations, and I will again bump the issue, but that is all I can do currently 

thank you

If you were a customer and were unable to use a product you'd bought, what would you do? Because it seems to me that the Big Newy way of dealing with complaints/bugs in this plane's forum, is simply to close the offending thread. As the paying customer this it feels to me that is the forum equivalent of treating the problem as if you were a dog, peeing on it and then walking away. 

I don't think its unreasonable for us, as the ones who are left with a product which is not fit for purpose, to expect remediation given the length of time these issues have been reported, and known about by ED. Do you think that is unreasonable? 

Is it unreasonable to ask WHAT you have bumped and what you expect to happen as a result of that bump? Are you expecting a change to the guns to occur, or another denial that the problem exists to be the end result? Do YOU believe there even IS a problem?

If this was a flagship new module, the errors we're experiencing would have been fixed by now. Are we really saying that ED are stretched so thin that they cannot support their old modules? If that is the case, your business model is doomed and it's only going to get worse as you release more broken modules isn't it?

• Like 2

• ED Team
47 minutes ago, SoW Reddog said:

Is it unreasonable to ask WHAT you have bumped and what you expect to happen as a result of that bump? Are you expecting a change to the guns to occur, or another denial that the problem exists to be the end result? Do YOU believe there even IS a problem?

Obviously I have bumped the internal report, hopefully a fix can be made. 
I can not say when that fix will be, I have passed on the feedback and we need to continue to wait. 

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I can not say when that fix will be, I have passed on the feedback and we need to continue to wait. 

We are long past asking when a fix might be made. Its pretty clear the fix will never be made. 

The question remains, how long is it reasonable to expect to wait? You can avoid giving a straight answer as much as you like, the question will keep getting asked and will no doubt increase in volume as more bugs are left unfixed across the growing portfolio.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Don't wanna spoil the party BUT.. there is a strange behavior on F86 performance in overall. One thing I noticed, away from sabre pilot individual marksmanship skill, is that sabre does turn exceptionally well and doesn't bleed much energy in turns, in fact it builds it quite rapidly in comparison to Mig21. Even on st2 AB in 21 slight dive, it is very hard or impossible to outrun that little bird. in comparison to 21 wing high G structural damage, which I doubt to be that easy, 86 doesn't appear to have that issue even having larger wingspan and shorter root chord and it also looks like isn't affected by blackout limitations too. SO, either 86 looks to good or 21 appears too bad in energy bleed and recovery. I feel that that strange performance might be inspected at this point. Tnx.

Edited by jackmckay

• ED Team
7 minutes ago, greyseal494 said:

So guns won't work on the ground targets? but rockets will? Will guns work on air targets?

This is usually an issue with A2A guns. 

If you think you are seeing a different issue please feel free to make a new report and add short track replay examples, you can save a track replay when you exit a mission during the debrief window. 

thanks