Cant get into idle with buttons or keys

Battery on, start APU, let it get green, start left engine.  wait till its a 25, hit off/Idle.  Nothing,  engine wont go into idle with the default keys, remapped keys or with any stick or throttle button I map to that function...

Wiped all mapping in sim and game mode and redid from scratch, no change.

WTF been flying this thing since it came out and never had this issue.

edit: To be more specific I am using the HOTAS Warthog and have my thottle detents (buttons 29/30) set of off/idle for their respective sides so moving the throttle lever over the hump should put it into idle, however that dosent work so Ive tried mapping idle, off,  off/idle to various buttons and keys and NONE of them will work.  plane is just stuck starting left engine.

???

Edited by Wingnutt270

@Wingnutt270

• Did the command "Throttle (Left) - off/idle" work earlier in your hornet?
  • Did you edit the correct profile ("F/A-18C Sim" or "F/A-18C Game")?
  • Does it work if you use the default keyboard command (RAlt+Home)?

I had similar problems (about two years ago). The HOTAS Warthog Throttle off/idle did work in the A-10C, but not in the F/A-18C.

AFAIR this was the solution for my system - but be aware: if you use this script you have to remap all bindings for all your modules:

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

I have the same TM WH throttle, and the cold start sequence still works here. But complaints from people seeing this kind of issue are all over the place and I feel that there is something in the design of the control bindings that causes these issues. Unfortunately I have no clue what the root cause of the issues is, and I might be next to suffer.
I'm a bit paranoid about anything that could be the culprit. So after installing a new module I remove all the "combos..." statements from "default.lua" that cause the default bindings which are often duplicated. I'm suspicious about the "...diff.lua" files in the game folder. They are structurally like the profile files under "saved games" but don't have identical content. I have deleted them with no negative effect, but they come back with Repair or Update.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2022 at 4:15 AM, LeCuvier said:

I have the same TM WH throttle, and the cold start sequence still works here. But complaints from people seeing this kind of issue are all over the place and I feel that there is something in the design of the control bindings that causes these issues. Unfortunately I have no clue what the root cause of the issues is, and I might be next to suffer.
I'm a bit paranoid about anything that could be the culprit. So after installing a new module I remove all the "combos..." statements from "default.lua" that cause the default bindings which are often duplicated. I'm suspicious about the "...diff.lua" files in the game folder. They are structurally like the profile files under "saved games" but don't have identical content. I have deleted them with no negative effect, but they come back with Repair or Update.

I had this issue when DCS randomly checked "game avionics mode"

On 2/28/2022 at 9:29 AM, AstonMartinDBS said:

I had similar problems (about two years ago). The HOTAS Warthog Throttle off/idle did work in the A-10C, but not in the F/A-18C.

Not true. It works in any module. I use it with Hornet, Viper, Apache.

There's just problem with DCS reading starting positions of buttons when you enter cockpit. So the solution is - when you enter the cockpit, cycle throttles off-idle-off, so the DCS know what is the position of the buttons.

• Like 2