Readability for MFD / Menu Color Change

Shrike88

Some really large issues with Readability and VR associated with the white menu lettering and font, when using certain page.   The Yellow and green mods help somewhat.  Is there the ability in the real viper to change the color of the MFD menu lettering, as seen in the AV-8 ? 

If not is there any planned consideration for the Symb brightness function being increased beyond current values ?  There are lots of closed forum posts and no longer updates ones regarding this.   

2 hours ago, Shrike88 said:

Is there the ability in the real viper to change the color of the MFD menu lettering, as seen in the AV-8 ?

Yes. I don't know how it works in the AV-8B but in the F-16 you can change the colour of pretty much any MFD symbology or text you can think of via the data cartridge. It's not implemented at this time though.

Edited by WHOGX5
  • Like 3

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

The F-16 avionics have a "high vis" mode that can be enabled in software, it turns all the text bight yellow. It seems to have been enabled on a per-squadron basis, starting a year or two after our Viper is modeled unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

black outlines will come later to sensor MPD pages for MC controlled labels. Other colours would not be realistic for our Viper at 2007. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 10 months later...

There is a very cool mod on user files replicating MFD yellow font of the F16 MLU that i love (Am belgian and this + black mod and i feel like having a MLU Falcon hehe). 
However it currently impossible to do without breaking IC, would it be possible to ease access to those settings for this kind of mods ? I know cockpit colors are not breaking IC, so it might be possible to allow access to few more lines ? 

I'm no expert of course but i think the font color is a preference thing for squadrons, a lot of bl.50 and 52 are using yellow and green font (sometime even for different MFDs as we can see few precious cool pictures online). 
Now i don't know how it would be easy for a pilot to change them

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...