George, Jester, Petrovic, voice commands and clickable menus

ebabil

For Jester,

Using keyboards is hard and not handy

Using trackir can be annoying 

Using a hat switch is waste of very valuable asset

So I beleive voice commands would be the best solution to this chaos. And I know there is a 3rd party addon for it but I prefer in house fully integrated feature instead

george-costanza-goretxt-800x454.jpg

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Step 1 would be to have all of the commands as separate binds, instead of just the hat switch positions and a couple of others.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Voice Attack!

I'd be lost without it. Handles my external views, lots of commands, and Jester. Frees up tons of stuff on my HOTAS. With DCS it's a must have. Best add-on and best value for an add-on.

Voice Attack Voice Attack! Voice Attack!

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 minute ago, Legs said:

Will there be a VAICOM extension for George though?

Not sure.

I use Voice Attack without VAICOM for Jester. It's quick enough and doesn't feel clunky. There was something about the VAICOM setup that buzzled my brain so I passed on it.

Setting it up to handle George should be pretty straight forward, at least to cover enough stuff to make everything a bit smoother.

I use Voice Attack fairly effectively for Petrovich in the Hind. The only sort of clunky bit is the "look there" command to search a spot. great if something is there, but if there's nothing and you have to say it ten times, it's a bit of an immersion breaker. But I just bound a few different voice commands to the same action "Twelve o'clock" "eleven o'clock" etc. It's not perfect but it retains most of the immersion, and I think this will improve with time and fine tuning of the AI copilot.

• Like 1

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

2 minutes ago, Grievo said:

I use Voice Attack fairly effectively for Petrovich in the Hind. The only sort of clunky bit is the "look there" command to search a spot. great if something is there, but if there's nothing and you have to say it ten times, it's a bit of an immersion breaker. But I just bound a few different voice commands to the same action "Twelve o'clock" "eleven o'clock" etc. It's not perfect but it retains most of the immersion, and I think this will improve with time and fine tuning of the AI copilot.

I have the same thing with Jester. To run through the menus I'll have to say "Jester" to bring up the menu, then speak a number from the wheel menu, and then another number, and maybe another. So it ends up being "Jester"... "Four"... "One"... "Three". It's quick enough and I don't mind. Beats the **** out of keyboard hunting or trying to find room on an already overcrowded HOTAS.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I have the same thing with Jester. To run through the menus I'll have to say "Jester" to bring up the menu, then speak a number from the wheel menu, and then another number, and maybe another. So it ends up being "Jester"... "Four"... "One"... "Three". It's quick enough and I don't mind. Beats the **** out of keyboard hunting or trying to find room on an already overcrowded HOTAS.

Yeah I have "Petro" to bring up the reticle, then it's just "look there" "first target" "fire" It's actually pretty immersive and works well with the pace of things. Once I'm finished with the reticle I just have a joystick press to get rid of the Petrovich reticle. I'd love it if it was just a dot or something, but I'm not one to nitpick when I get to fly a Hind in VR 🙂 From what I've seen, I think George will be even better.

Obviously the Apache is going to be an issue socially. I doubt I'll be seen by friends, neighbours or family members for a while!

• Like 2

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:56 PM, Beirut said:

Did you pass on VAICOM all together, or did you purchase? I'd be happy to help you get going. VAICOM's Jester feature is really cool and and more immersive, and hopefully we'll eventually get a George/Petrovich addon. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MAXsenna said:

Did you pass on VAICOM all together, or did you purchase? I'd be happy to help you get going. VAICOM's Jester feature is really cool and and more immersive, and hopefully we'll eventually get a George/Petrovich addon. 

Cheers! 

I looked at it on its site and some Youtube tutorials but I got that "Oh s***!" warning in my brain. I'll look at it again tonight. 

And I really appreciate you offering to walk me though it.  :drinks_cheers:

• Like 1

I looked at it on its site and some Youtube tutorials but I got that "Oh s***!" warning in my brain. I'll look at it again tonight. 

And I really appreciate you offering to walk me though it.  :drinks_cheers:
Absolutely buddy!
Have a look at the manual, it is VERY good! It's free for everyone on the website.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1