CBU-105 won't release correctly after quiet mode

RepoManR6

1. I was playing online trying to sneak up on an enemy airbase with my RF switch in quiet mode. My CBU-105's were powered on prior. When I reach the target I got one release and realized I was in quiet mode = bad drop (Pre mode). I turn it on and I could not get another pickle. I move off from the target area and switched modes to vis, back to pre, and even switched weapons then back to the cbu = Would not drop.  I power cycled them, turn my master arm OFF then back on, cbu's showed RDY and was able to pickle. Next drop in sequence after another pass, cbu's still showing ready would not drop. I followed them same procedure of power cycling, Master arm on and off, then back on resulted in a successful pickle. I had one more CBU-105 left for a pass and it would not drop. I jettisoned the weapon and RTB. I noticed other instances where they haven't released and there won't be a falling cue. Only the weapon in range carrot works.

2. With this being in VR and online multiplayer I don't have a track. I can possibly submit logs?

3-

4- Multiplayer - Caucasus

6- I searched and found a similar report, but not very detailed.

Edited by RepoManR6
grammar correction

Evolve Art Studio | https://creativevisions.art

10th Mountain Division - 1-87, TF Summit

• ED Team

Hi, 

please add a short as possible track replay so we can take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

After reviewing hours of of what the server admin thought may be my flight - it isn't. I haven't had issues since the latest update, but will keep my eye open. One thing I have noticed is that INS/GPS guided weapons have to realign when you re-select them in SMS, post turning them on and having an initial alignment - for example switching from a HARM in flight. Is this normal as I am transitioning from the A-10C II and there are a lot of unbalanced attributes related strictly to the F-16 compared to the F-18 (bore alignment of mavericks).

Thanks

Edited by RepoManR6

Evolve Art Studio | https://creativevisions.art

10th Mountain Division - 1-87, TF Summit

On 3/25/2022 at 6:10 PM, Frederf said:

Weapons which are turned on (Maverick, HARM, WCMD, JDAM, etc.) remain turned on and operating even when not selected. If those items are repeating an alignment when reselected then that's a bug.

Yeah, I've had GBU-38's realign after dropping Mavericks. Definitely happening, and definitely a bug. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 4:44 PM, RepoManR6 said:

After reviewing hours of of what the server admin thought may be my flight - it isn't. I haven't had issues since the latest update, but will keep my eye open. One thing I have noticed is that INS/GPS guided weapons have to realign when you re-select them in SMS, post turning them on and having an initial alignment - for example switching from a HARM in flight. Is this normal as I am transitioning from the A-10C II and there are a lot of unbalanced attributes related strictly to the F-16 compared to the F-18 (bore alignment of mavericks).

Thanks

Late to the game, but as long as you don't edit your autoexec.cfg file to stop it from doing so, DCS will automatically save ALL multiplayer flight track files in your Saved Games directory.  In fact, you might want to clear it out as it is not unheard of to build up into GB's of track files...