Embark and Embark to transport Advanced waypoints occationally do not work

Varial

Hello, I would like to report a bug that I've been experiencing quite often regarding troops embarking into transports.

Included are the Track file and Mission file, Here is a video of the setup and bug occurring

In addition, if you are able to get the troops to embark while you are in the F10 map, the troop icons do not disappear from the F10 map until you exit and re-enter the map.

Thank you!
Varial

Embark bug.trk Embark bug.miz

13 hours ago, Varial said:

Hello, I would like to report a bug that I've been experiencing quite often regarding troops embarking into transports...In addition, if you are able to get the troops to embark while you are in the F10 map, the troop icons do not disappear from the F10 map until you exit and re-enter the map...

Hi, your main issue is caused by soldiers' "embark to transport" task being directed to "ALL" groups of vehicles, instead of selecting "KAMAZ trucks". IDK why this bug, it doesn't seem normal, but it works when selecting the trucks.

I made 2 other modifications in your file : 1) "embark" task seems to mess up the "on road" option of KAMAZ's route, so I added a wpt "on road" just in front of them to solve.

2) I added an option to KAMAZ's "embark" task : I used "distribution" to distribute each soldier group to its own truck (optional)

Embark bug-mod.miz

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2022 at 5:39 AM, toutenglisse said:

Hi, your main issue is caused by soldiers' "embark to transport" task being directed to "ALL" groups of vehicles, instead of selecting "KAMAZ trucks". IDK why this bug, it doesn't seem normal, but it works when selecting the trucks.

I made 2 other modifications in your file : 1) "embark" task seems to mess up the "on road" option of KAMAZ's route, so I added a wpt "on road" just in front of them to solve.

2) I added an option to KAMAZ's "embark" task : I used "distribution" to distribute each soldier group to its own truck (optional)

Embark bug-mod.miz 8.92 kB · 1 download

I was able to get it working occasionally, but it seemed very random, or not clear what would cause it to break or work. I took your mission and moved the points around by a few feet which caused it to break again.

So far the thing that seems to be breaking it the most is where you place the embark triangle waypoint for the KAMAZ's,

That being said, I've had the most success distributing the troops between the transport group

Edited by Varial

1 hour ago, Varial said:

I was able to get it working occasionally, but it seemed very random, or not clear what would cause it to break or work. I took your mission and moved the points around by a few feet which caused it to break again.

So far the thing that seems to be breaking it the most is where you place the embark triangle waypoint for the KAMAZ's,

That being said, I've had the most success distributing the troops between the transport group

I see the same issue. Moving the "embark" point leads to breaking it at most times. At this point it is needed to recreate the "embark" task (without moving the point from default position) to make it work again.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, toutenglisse said:

Embark 'ALL' issue reported. It doesn't seem to affect aircraft, only ground vehicles.

Waypoint 'on road' issue reported as well.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 5 weeks later...