AGM-154C terminal settings ignored

Ahmed

On 3/25/2022 at 10:36 AM, Swift. said:

Only GBU-38 specifically last I checked?

On 3/25/2022 at 12:50 PM, FrostLaufeyson said:

I'm using the GBU-38 most of the time, so I haven't tested other JDAMs. But they don't have any updates about it, so it should be just as you said, only GBU-38.

Terminal settings, at least terminal true heading, worked on all JDAMs at some point. They attempted to satisfy all terminal conditions e.g making a chicane curve before the target to get the terminal heading. This did however reduce the range of the weapon so you had to take the terminal movements in to account.

However, I did some testing today and it seems that terminal settings do not work with any GPS/INS weapon, including the GBU-38. Both PP and TOO were tested with all weapons.

Expected behaviour:

-Weapon attempts to satisfy the terminal conditions e.g. terminal heading

Current behaviour:

- Weapon goes for a direct attack to the target regardless of settings.

In the track I set a bunker and some containers representing 000 and 330 true headings. JDAM was given a terminal heading of 330. It ignored it and went for the direct path even with enough energy for the terminal setting. Attack heading was about 350, so the change would have been very modest.

kuva.png

@Ahmed, I would update the title to: Terminal settings not functioning with JDAM (/JSOW)*.

*(they have never been implemented to JSOW)

JDAM terminal.trk

• ED Team

terminal settings are work in progress currently. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 9 months later...