Found "Auto-Rudder" in the "to do after EA release" FAQ... What is it?

Rhinozherous

Just roamed thru the FAQ and found "Auto-Rudder".

Just wondering if this is some sort of "cheat" set in the specials settings tab, or is this something the real Apache has? Never read something about this.

Thanks

Edited by Rhinozherous

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Interesting find.

I suspect it's a "Special" setting like some of the other modules.  Might be added with the "Trimmer Reset" button. 🤔

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2022 at 7:25 PM, Rhinozherous said:

Just roamed thru the FAQ and found "Auto-Rudder".

Just wondering if this is some sort of "cheat" set in the specials settings tab, or is this something the real Apache has? Never read something about this.

Thanks

Hi, Where did you read that? I roamed through FAQ also, but couldn't find anything about it. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, lonewwolf said:

Hi, Where did you read that? I roamed through FAQ also, but couldn't find anything about it. 

Thanks

It seems it got deleted over the last year. 

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• ED Team

The Auto-rudder option was listed on a pre-release FAQ post last year that has since been replaced by a proper roadmap thread. Please note that roadmaps are not an all-encompassing list of tasks for a DCS module's development, but rather a way to keep the community informed on the current state of development of the major features that are planned. For example, some of the items in the roadmap thread are the IDM or the Data Transfer Cartridge, but it doesn't list every single task that is being performed as part of these features.

As far as I know, this feature is still planned; but I have no information regarding the timeline.

• Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

23 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

The Auto-rudder option was listed on a pre-release FAQ post last year that has since been replaced by a proper roadmap thread. Please note that roadmaps are not an all-encompassing list of tasks for a DCS module's development, but rather a way to keep the community informed on the current state of development of the major features that are planned. For example, some of the items in the roadmap thread are the IDM or the Data Transfer Cartridge, but it doesn't list every single task that is being performed as part of these features.

As far as I know, this feature is still planned; but I have no information regarding the timeline.

That's very good to know @Raptor9! thanks for clarifying it.