• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is that pronounced.. lol..

'ARGH-UMMM"

That's what I was thinking about.

It doesn't ring as well as "HARM" or "Shrike"

"Yeah, we encountered a field full of no less than 3 SA-8's! We sent a couple, uh, argummers their way and made short work of them!"

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

sounds like a Harry Potter spell.

SAs Detected..... Expecto Argummmmmmmmmm

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I still have friends on Base from when my dad was in the Navy, and half the guys I grew up with and went through NJROTC w/ all went into the navy.

That Pretty much Covers it.

But I'm pretty sure there's been open canopy displays at airshows, since it's an Export Ready Aircraft it's not as tightly guarded as say the F-22A..

I was sitting in F-14B and D Cockpits when I was 10 years old..

Wow that's awesome, and ya every time I've seen a raptor at an airshow that I can remember they have had it fenced off and armed guards nearby.

Never had the pleasure of siting in a f-14 but I've been in an f-16 and one other fighter but I can't remember what it was because I was too young... wanna say it was an f-15.

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

I`m surprised no-one mentioned this , but Israel is set to receive its first two F-35I today (was delayed by 5 hours due two poor weather conditions in Italy)

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-first-2-f-35s-flying-to-israel-after-delay-for-fog-1001166521

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That Fog would have delayed everything, nothing new, just media picking a article to further attempt to bash the F-35

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Did they not have 3 pilots on an exchange program in the states. Canada , Norway and the UK all had pilots in the states that are actively flying their countries aircraft.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

i`m sure that during the long time the IAF pilots spent in the U.S they got to fly them.

this is from today, our pilots took them for a spin.

OeEmbYA.png

a nice video is posted in Israel Defence Force facebook page

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

a nice video is posted in Israel Defence Force facebook page

You mean this one below? :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 years ago, the F-35 was making its first flight. :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Israel is set to receive its first two F-35I today"

"Old news"

Happening today is "old News" in your book?

You're not leaving him a very wide window to post current news then are you ?

Oh, sorry, yes it was old news if you read the F-35 news but maybe not for ED forum.

Did they not have 3 pilots on an exchange program in the states. Canada , Norway and the UK all had pilots in the states that are actively flying their countries aircraft.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the Israeli pilots have flown the F-35 many times before today. Norway have many pilots, ground crew and service crew in training. We will have our first F-35 home in 2017. Norway have some special equipment added to their F-35A that no other partner has. :thumbup:

Norway have some special equipment added to their F-35A that no other partner has. :thumbup:

Not to get into a "mine is bigger" argument , but there is a reason why the IAF F-35 are designated F-35I , it would have tons of Israeli systems on-board, i doubt anyone else was allowed this much freedom to make such modification.

Israel also got special approval to make all periodic maintenance done at home and not have to fly them to a Lockheed facility

or as someone from the IAF said on the radio the other day "the F-35`s will only leave Israel to make an attack"

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty sure the Israeli pilots have flown the F-35 many times before today.

They actually haven't:

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/israel-ready-to-operate-f-35s-without-ever-actually-flying

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty sure the Israeli pilots have flown the F-35 many times before today. Norway have many pilots, ground crew and service crew in training. We will have our first F-35 home in 2017. Norway have some special equipment added to their F-35A that no other partner has. :thumbup:

Not according to the USAF....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-first-two-f-35s-delivered-to-israel-432373/

or the IAF

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/training-simulation/2016/06/16/israel-f35-stealth-fighter-us/85973202/

I read an interview with the OIC of the Israeli F-35 squadron the other day where he said the simulator is good enough that the pilots did not need to fly the actual aircraft until they had their own at home, but can't find the link now.

Edited by Rangi

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I find it interesting that in all the media bashing of the F-35, no one has noticed that it is probably the safest fighter ever built - over 10 years of flying, almost 200 delivered to several countries, production lines in several countries, and not a single one has crashed or hurt anyone. Sure, a few engine fires - on the ground, I think 2 airframes lost?

Compare that to ANY other jet - Harrier, F-15, F-16 (!), F-4, etc and it is astounding.

Sure wish I could get my hands on one....

Vulture

Not according to the USAF....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-first-two-f-35s-delivered-to-israel-432373/

or the IAF

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/training-simulation/2016/06/16/israel-f35-stealth-fighter-us/85973202/

I read an interview with the OIC of the Israeli F-35 squadron the other day where he said the simulator is good enough that the pilots did not need to fly the actual aircraft until they had their own at home, but can't find the link now.

:thumbup:

I find it interesting that in all the media bashing of the F-35, no one has noticed that it is probably the safest fighter ever built - over 10 years of flying, almost 200 delivered to several countries, production lines in several countries, and not a single one has crashed or hurt anyone. Sure, a few engine fires - on the ground, I think 2 airframes lost?

Compare that to ANY other jet - Harrier, F-15, F-16 (!), F-4, etc and it is astounding.

Sure wish I could get my hands on one....

Vulture

Compare the Amount of F-35s Active vs the Amount of F-15s, F-16s, etc,

A Majority of the Early F-16 Crashes were still a result of Flight Time and Fatigue, and Wire Chaffing.

F-35s have barely begun flying Full time...

Put some hours on the Airframe before you deem it the safest aircraft ever.

That being said,

The Media just Hates the F-35 for the sake of it being an Easy Mark to Pick on...

Compare the Amount of F-35s Active vs the Amount of F-15s, F-16s, etc,

A Majority of the Early F-16 Crashes were still a result of Flight Time and Fatigue, and Wire Chaffing.

F-35s have barely begun flying Full time...

Put some hours on the Airframe before you deem it the safest aircraft ever.

That being said,

The Media just Hates the F-35 for the sake of it being an Easy Mark to Pick on...

Or how about we compare airframes crashed at this point in development on the others. It has had the safest, least lethal development of any fighter aircraft I can think of. No crashes, no deaths. Even the F-22 had a crash under its belt by this point.

F-35 hasnt had any major incidents, but there have been crashes in testing.

they have the benefit of multiple programs feeding the F-35 Program, literally everything in the Aircraft is 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th gen of the tech being used.

Nothing is "New" except the cockpit concept and the sensors.

The Base design for Engines, Airframe, VTOL, DFCS, Stealth, etc etc are all matured tech now. (Compared to F-22, F-16, etc)

I dread the day anything major happens, because the media will be all over it like vultures,

i dont remember how many tomcats they had to pull out of the water off the coast of VA/NC..

Shoot the F-35 made news when it had a flat tire sitting on the tarmac...

Media Picks on it, because everyone else does, the "new kid" in class is always the one that gets picked on.

The Legacy F/A-18s are Dropping at a rate of 2.4 Aircraft/Month, Killing Pilots/WSO's in the process, and the media doesnt pick on the Hornet (Legacy) nearly as much as they do the F-35,

Because to the media, it's like picking on the veteran that's served and having problems in his old age.

Edited by SkateZilla

Exactly, Skate!

The F-22 suffered the same thing. How many times I've heard "The F-22 is too expensive, make more F-15s", "the F-22 is too expensive and will never be used".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]