The F-35 Thread

Groove

ZZtcyaTi8c4

Well, Billy likes it. :D He also works for Apple.

OMG "you put your helmet on and you're Iron Man (Tony Stark)".If i would be like 9 years old that would impress me :lol:.

"It's fun geeky interesting" :megalol:.

Overall the plane might not be a failure.Might have some incredible technology on it but the way this guy describes it is funny.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the sensor fusion, iron man helmet and the ipad displays it is almost like the F-35 comes with a built-in arcade mode.

• Visualise all targets within 200km (including birds farting) by turning your head around
  • Lock up a few targets by asking the avionics computer nicely
  • Turn to launch by following the prompts
  • Finish game of Angry Birds on way home

Possible revival of F136

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20140716/CONGRESSWATCH/307160034

In the wake of an engine fire that grounded the F-35 fleet, a US Senate subcommittee wants senior Pentagon officials to consider reviving an effort to develop a second power plant.

In 2011, the Pentagon ordered GE and Rolls-Royce to stop work on a second F-35 fighter engine, with the Obama administration calling it an example of wasteful defense spending. The department, in announcing a stop-work order three years ago, dubbed the F136 power plant program a “waste of taxpayer money that can be used to fund higher departmental priorities.”

Proponents of what long was known simply as “the alternate engine program” claimed it would have saved substantial amounts of money over the life of the F-35 fleet, while also providing a safety net should the F-35’s primary power plant, being developed by Pratt & Whitney, suffer a major problem.

No, its nickname is still Lightning II.

There's nothing particularly lemony about what's happening in its development. The management of the project is another story.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There's nothing particularly lemony about what's happening in its development. The management of the project is another story.

People don't seem to understand that ALL of these major airframes have a sorted past... Name any major plane / helicopter and I can guarantee you it has seen it's share of accidents, mishaps, issues etc... It is the nature of the beast.. And when you push the technological envelope you are going to have issues.. Period..

That is kind of the entire point of testing in the first place is to identify the issues and resolve them.. Unfortunately, today absolutely EVERYTHING is in the lens of a camera and we see every tiny issue that in the past wasn't in your face every time you refresh your browser..

The F-35 will continue to have issues (Just like any other plane would) and since it is such a high visibility project and there is so much money involved, it will continue to be beatup in the media...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

wonder where they will get the funds to run them maintain them?, lemon fighter it is.

my air rifle could bring a f-35 down wait till this thing tries to do a A-10 roll lmao.

Edited by diveplane

wonder where they will get the funds to run them maintain them?, lemon fighter it is.

my air rifle could bring a f-35 down wait till this thing tries to do a A-10 roll lmao.

You seriously have zero clue what you are talking about...

Please just STOP.

RAMBO

wonder where they will get the funds to run them maintain them?

Same place they get funds to run F-15s, an incredibly expensive aircraft in its time, with some aircraft being subject to longeron manufacturing issues, F-18's, that needed to be grounded because their vertical stabs were cracking, and the F-16 Lawndart, that had both engine and wiring issues which killed pilots. Or how about F-14's with TF-30's and their insane sensitivity to beta?

How about B-1B's, B-2's, F-117's and F-22's?

Your air rifle couldn't bring down the wright flyer, never mind an F-35.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Same place they get funds to run F-15s, an incredibly expensive aircraft in its time, with some aircraft being subject to longeron manufacturing issues, F-18's, that needed to be grounded because their vertical stabs were cracking, and the F-16 Lawndart, that had both engine and wiring issues which killed pilots. Or how about F-14's with TF-30's and their insane sensitivity to beta?

How about B-1B's, B-2's, F-117's and F-22's?

Your air rifle couldn't bring down the wright flyer, never mind an F-35.

sarcasm dude , truth is it will never do A-10 ground attack roll small arms will sink it.

watched expert opinions on it, sadly have to agree, just my opinion on it US is broke cant afford them.

grim reality I don't see to many being built.

no more posts here on it see we cant speak our minds without being flamed at.

wait till this thing tries to do a A-10 roll lmao.

After that people will wonder why the A-10 was kept for so long.

The F-35 is a victim of the internet. The test flying issues you never heard of for planes flying 25 years ago had the benefit of not being communicable within seconds.

The F-35 also hasn't lost a single airframe yet as far as I know despite issues creeping up, which is pretty good.

To top it off, all the evidence points to it matching or exceeding the planes it's replacing without breaking a sweat.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

sarcasm dude , truth is it will never do A-10 ground attack roll small arms will sink it.

It isn't supposed to do the CAS role that the A-10 does. Just because it replaces the A-10 it doesn't mean it'll do everything the A-10 did. But it will replace something that the A-10 did a LOT. And that's dropping iron.

no more posts here on it see we cant speak our minds without being flamed at.

It could help if you didn't have to shift from lemon to money to air rifles to lemon and to money again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I Listed off the Design, Testing and "Trials/Qualification" Incidents of both the F-18 and F-14, not to even Mention the F-16..

Not even related to the LEX /Vert. Stab Stress, TF30s and Wire Chafing.

You'd think differently about the F-35.

The Internet...

Bringing every booger flicked to the front page.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

2st RAAF F-35

F-35-RAAF-livery.jpg

1st RAAF F35

First-F-35-RAAF.jpg

Anyone understand how the first one was shipped? Is this some sort of function of training, so the crews there learn how to coat the aircraft, or is there something I am missing?

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You're seeing the surfaces without RAM Coating.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

not quite sure, might have something to do with the issue that the RAM Coating covers the Access Panels.

So they fly/ship it to them with out the coating and they apply it themselves after inspection and getting acquainted with them.

Edited by SkateZilla

If I understand it correctly, they have to reapply it every time they access any of the panels and since they will have to access those panels to prep the plane for use it makes sense NOT to apply the coating until after the plane is received at it's destination.. (Otherwise you coat it, ship it , strip it off, prep the plane and coat it again... Not much point in that)

RAMBO

If I understand it correctly, they have to reapply it every time they access any of the panels and since they will have to access those panels to prep the plane for use it makes sense NOT to apply the coating until after the plane is received at it's destination.. (Otherwise you coat it, ship it , strip it off, prep the plane and coat it again... Not much point in that)

they don't strip the entire plane to access the panels.

They are labeled, and cut to open, serviced/inspected, then closed and re-sealed.

Gaps between panels is what they are trying to prevent, so when the panel is closed it's sealed under the RAM. No More Crack/Gaps causing returns.

they don't strip the entire plane to access the panels.

They are labeled, and cut to open, serviced/inspected, then closed and re-sealed.

Gaps between panels is what they are trying to prevent, so when the panel is closed it's sealed under the RAM. No More Crack/Gaps causing returns.

Ahh OK that makes sense..

Thanks for the clarification!

RAMBO