ED, really?

admiki

31 minutes ago, IcedVenom said:

The F-16 early access wasn't even that bad. It's quite literally the case of just Americans over-reacting and complaining about a module that's in early-access. Now because of these people complaining and acting entitled, that we have to deal with a huge pause in module releases

Americans? And you know this for a fact?

• Like 2

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Like hornet/viper with fixed wing team, Ed have the same team for working on apache/hind. When they work on one project the other one don’t have new feature.
Look viper , many news, video, update and hornet nothing since many month….

It will be the same with helicopter dev during all EA timeline.

So if you want to not be frustrated don’t buy EA and wait. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hanab said:

Like hornet/viper with fixed wing team, Ed have the same team for working on apache/hind. When they work on one project the other one don’t have new feature.
Look viper , many news, video, update and hornet nothing since many month….

It will be the same with helicopter dev during all EA timeline.

So if you want to not be frustrated don’t buy EA and wait. 

Not according to BIGNEWY and NineLine. They said multiple times that Hind team (or part of it) was working on Apache, but not any more.

Your last sentence is how I think I am going to treat them in the future.

• ED Team

We understand that some of you do not like long development times, we get that some of you do not like our priorities, you feedback to us and we listen, but it will not change the fact that development takes time, and the best people to decide about priorities are the project management. 

Thanks for your continued patience.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I look forward to the next big update for the Mi-24P, which is my all time favourite DCS module! Keep up the good work, ED, we all love you really! 😍

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

9 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Which autopilot issues? The mid speed pitch oscillations? 

Besides problems with the pitch channel, the course autopilot cannot hold a steady course on the set heading. To refresh on other unresolved issues, you might want to check out the Bugs and Problems subforum for the Hind.     

6 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

It's quite literally the case of just Americans over-reacting and complaining about a module that's in early-access.

Sorunları çözmek için yeterince çaba gösterilmediği konusunda yapıcı eleştiride bulunmak için "Amerikalı" olmak gerekmiyor. 

Edited by primus_TR
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, primus_TR said:

Besides problems with the pitch channel, the course autopilot cannot hold a steady course on the set heading. To refresh on other unresolved issues, you might want to check out the Bugs and Problems subforum for the Hind.     

Sorunları çözmek için yeterince çaba gösterilmediği konusunda yapıcı eleştiride bulunmak için "Amerikalı" olmak gerekmiyor. 

What do you mean? It works fine for me.

9 minutes ago, admiki said:

He is probably talking about that when you are flying with the YAW AP channel on all the time, when you are doing coordinated turns and returning to a new course because of the way that the AP interrupt is modeled in the DCS Mi24p, when you release pressure on the pedals the helicopter rarely remains on the heading you want it to be. So corrections are needed on the pedals. It bothers me a lot as well. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

20 minutes ago, admiki said:

What I said. After a while, the course following autopilot deviates from the set course. No wind, no crabbing, with yaw channel set to the same heading, it veers off course; can't hold course. I'll try to make a track tonight. 

Edited by primus_TR

37 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He is probably talking about that when you are flying with the YAW AP channel on all the time, when you are doing coordinated turns and returning to a new course because of the way that the AP interrupt is modeled in the DCS Mi24p, when you release pressure on the pedals the helicopter rarely remains on the heading you want it to be. So corrections are needed on the pedals. It bothers me a lot as well. 

I am not talking about the yaw ap channel issue; it doesn't bother me, as I got used to how it works from Black Shark. This issue is related with course following autopilot, not the ap channels per se. Since there is no official manual, I am not %100 percent positive it is not a mechanization error on my part, but it seems to be a persistent problem. After some time, the autopilot can no longer keep the course, and can deviate as much as 40 degrees from the set heading. I've ruled out rudder coordination, and wind (tried in a no wind scenario). I will try and record a track today, and maybe someone can point out if it is a step I'm missing.    

Edited by primus_TR
stubby fingers

26 minutes ago, primus_TR said:

I am not talking about the yaw ap channel issue; it doesn't bother me, as I got used to how it works from Black Shark. This issue is related with course following autopilot, not the ap channels per se. Since there is no official manual, I am not %100 percent positive it is not a mechanization error on my part, but it seems to be a persistent problem. After some time, the autopilot can no longer keep the course, and can deviate as much as 40 degrees from the set heading. I've ruled out rudder coordination, and wind (tried in a no wind scenario). I will try and record a track today, and maybe someone can point out if it is a step I'm missing.    

OK, only reason I can think of for that to happen is if AP roll channel runs out of authority. It doesn't matter whether you are on your desired heading when you activate course hold channel, what matters is that you are not banked and you are trimmed. Why? Because AP will have full authority to bank as needed to keep you on your desired course. Fly with no bank, press trim release, repeat as needed and then activate course hold.

2 hours ago, admiki said:

OK, only reason I can think of for that to happen is if AP roll channel runs out of authority. It doesn't matter whether you are on your desired heading when you activate course hold channel, what matters is that you are not banked and you are trimmed. Why? Because AP will have full authority to bank as needed to keep you on your desired course. Fly with no bank, press trim release, repeat as needed and then activate course hold.

Well, guess what. The reason the course autopilot veers off course is because, well, it disengages by itself for no apparent reason (when flying straight and level). Adjusting the collective results in sudden and abrupt yawing, perhaps that's what's messing with it. Not sure, but anyhow, looks like I must keep an eye on the green light and heading indicator. 

• ED Team

If you have a bug or potential bug please post a track replay in the bugs section so we can take a look. 

I will close this thread now as I have answered the OP. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2