Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V2.0 (31 MAY 23)

Go to solution Solved by Backy 51,

22 hours ago, X_legio said:

I made a test mission and put the Jtac as " player can drive" but I can't take the control of him

Stupid question but do you have Combined Arms?

22 hours ago, X_legio said:

Anothere Issue is that when he is using the laser to designate the Scuds the Hellfire from the AH64 go always long, near to the operator 

That would be an issue with ED's JTAC code itself. Have you tried with a default unit? Maybe try to have just one unit per group?

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Hairdo1-1 said:

sorry if this is a stupid question, but when using these assets as AI, do they have any special capability or is just for the models?

The JTAC figure can be used as a JTAC by setting him up in the mission editor. Read the readme for details.

The aircraft assets require the Hound script in the mission to unleash their "special powers" ...

Uri_ba's excellent Hound Script here:  

Merry Christmas to all and best wishes for a Happy New Year 2023!

Edited by Backy 51
  • Thanks 1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't get the jtac missions in me while navigating to open mission. I have the missions copied under saved games - dcs - missions. I also saw a localization.lua which I copied to same missions folder. Restarted dcs world but can't see tye missions. The jtac mod is installed. What am I doing wrong.?

16 hours ago, Arrow11 said:

I can't get the jtac missions in me while navigating to open mission. I have the missions copied under saved games - dcs - missions. I also saw a localization.lua which I copied to same missions folder. Restarted dcs world but can't see tye missions. The jtac mod is installed. What am I doing wrong.?

Missions should go here:  C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions

Mod goes here:  C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech

The SMAO Mod README PDF included with the mod spells this out clearly.

You have to point the mission editor to the correct path if you are using a custom folder location.

If you alter the data structure of the SMAO Mod it is not going to work ...

Just tested mod against latest build of Version 2.8.X and all works as advertised.

You must have The F-18 and Nevada terrain to run the demo missions ...

Edited by Backy 51
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Advice needed.

I have installed the mod in in my "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech" folder as :

"Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Spec Msn Acft and Ops AI Mod v1.5.4"

When I go into a mission editor, I do not see the "*Joint Terminal Attack Controller (SSS)" as a option to select in the "TYPE" when selecting "Infantry" as the "CATEGORY" for "COUNTRY" US when creating my own custom missions. In fact I don't see any of the Mod's other aircraft TYPEs as selectable either when picking the correct TASK such as "AFAC", or AWACS", etc.

However, I do see the new provided DEMO missions though (in the "Missions" section of DCS) .

And weirder yet, when executing one of the DEMOs, I do see that the "Joint Terminal Attack Controller (SSS)" is showing up  as selected in the "TYPE" drop-down (which is read only) for said two DEMO missions when viewing details on the mission before flying it.

It appears DCS is ignoring the Mod when attempting to make my own custom missions, but is not ignoring the MOD TYPEs when running SSS's DEMO missions.

I wonder is anyone else experiencing this, and if perhaps there is a fix?

Not sure if this is bug, or my DCS instance has issues.

I am running DCS version: "2.8.1.34667"

Thanks!

🙂

On 1/2/2023 at 8:02 PM, hellion said:

Wow, you nailed it!

Thank you so much the suggestion and quick response Eight Ball.

The is a great MOD I do recognize the hard work you put into this.

Very much appreciated.

Great work!

🙂

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?  (Does anybody really care? They should, because that Historical Clock icon always knows what time it is! 😉 Apologies to Chicago ...) FYI - this was stated in the original PDF readme that was included with the download.

Edited by Backy 51

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure if this is the right place to report a possible bug but here goes...

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start with an empty ...\SavedGames\DCS folder (this is just to ensure that it's not some other script and/or mod conflicting)

2. Launch the sim and open the "CREATE FAST MISSION" window.

3. Click "ADVANCED MODE"

4. Click "GENERATE MISSION"

The mission will be generated and can be flown.

Now install this mod in the ...\SavedGames\DCS\Mods\tech folder and repeat steps 2. to 4.

When I do this the mission is not generated and the message "invalid stoi argument" is logged.

6 hours ago, Elephant42 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to report a possible bug but here goes...

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start with an empty ...\SavedGames\DCS folder (this is just to ensure that it's not some other script and/or mod conflicting)

2. Launch the sim and open the "CREATE FAST MISSION" window.

3. Click "ADVANCED MODE"

4. Click "GENERATE MISSION"

The mission will be generated and can be flown.

Now install this mod in the ...\SavedGames\DCS\Mods\tech folder and repeat steps 2. to 4.

When I do this the mission is not generated and the message "invalid stoi argument" is logged.

Thank you. No idea what's causing this, will investigate

Hello again.

I was wondering (and sorry if I missed it) was the levitating "Joint Terminal Attack Controller (SSS)" guru bug fix existing within version 1.5.4 of the Mod?

I wasn't sure if I still had to download the .lua that was provided months ago still in earlier posts.

I have not witnessed the bug myself and believe it's been probably fixed already in newer versions of the Mod.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, hellion said:

Hello again.

I was wondering (and sorry if I missed it) was the levitating "Joint Terminal Attack Controller (SSS)" guru bug fix existing within version 1.5.4 of the Mod?

I wasn't sure if I still had to download the .lua that was provided months ago still in earlier posts.

I have not witnessed the bug myself and believe it's been probably fixed already in newer versions of the Mod.

Thanks!

It was fixed and is not present in 1.5.4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Backy 51 changed the title to Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V1.6 (21 MARCH 23)

I'm not sure how I missed these amazing mods for this long!  I can't wait to get home from work D/L and install the aircraft.  Any chance you guys might be up for a mod to RAZBAM's mod KC-130?  I would love to see an HC-130H/P even without the Fulton recovery gear working. 

-Woog

HC-130_refueling_HH-53Cs_1987.JPEG

img_70-1_8.jpg

HC-130P_66-0221_1991.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello and thank you for your work.
I have 2 small issues.
-Military Vehicle Pack (MVP) Landcruiser SF M2/M134/MK19 vehicles do not spawn in armored vehicles list.
-The Jtac is well positioned on the ground only if it is positioned on a road, if it is positioned in the desert it is found a few meters from the ground.
That's it and thank you again for your work.

Jab

I have 2 small issues.
-Military Vehicle Pack (MVP) Landcruiser SF M2/M134/MK19 vehicles do not spawn in armored vehicles list.
-The Jtac is well positioned on the ground only if it is positioned on a road, if it is positioned in the desert it is found a few meters from the ground.

Jab

JTACS A-G.jpg

JTACS A-G - B.jpg

Edited by The_Jab

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 5:23 AM, The_Jab said:

I have 2 small issues.

Jab

JTACS A-G.jpg

JTACS A-G - B.jpg

Do you have it in the Tech or Aircraft folder of Saved Games/Mods?  Should be Tech. Current version works fine.

null

On 5/28/2023 at 1:25 PM, Razor18 said:

Hi There,

this files from the mod break the integrity check on protected servers. Just encountered, maybe due to the last update? Any way to correct it?

Thanks a lot for feedback !

Integrity checl fail SMAO.PNG

Options are turn off IC or extract the ec130.zip texture file and delete the offending individual texture files.  Look for SMAO V2.0 to fix EC-130 IC issue. Release is imminent.

image.jpeg

Edited by Backy 51
update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Backy 51 changed the title to Secret Squirrel Studios Special Mission Aircraft and Operator's AI Mod V2.0 (31 MAY 23)