TDC Slew inputs come in too rough

Hobel

I have noticed that the slew inputs that you either with a thumpstick/joystick or via a key input in the F18 TGP lighting compared to all other modules arrive very roughly or end in small "jumps".

With the F16/A10II/AV8 TGP you can work extremely precisely in comparison.

I have tried to make a small video which tries to show the difference, in the smallest possible setting, the tgp of the F18 also moves much faster when you hold it.

Both TDCs have exactly the same settings in the test and the zoom is almost the same.

Unbenannt.JPG

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 1

You put into words something that's been bothering me and I couldn't put my finger on it. I notice that small stuttering when I slew the pod around. To be clear, it has nothing to do with the TDC speed (as it's demonstrated already in the OP), it's just a general "un-smoothness".

I'll do my own test when I get the chance, but I'm thinking these "jumps" might also explain the extreme imprecision of the HUD/HMD slew.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

8 hours ago, Harker said:

You put into words something that's been bothering me and I couldn't put my finger on it. I notice that small stuttering when I slew the pod around. To be clear, it has nothing to do with the TDC speed (as it's demonstrated already in the OP), it's just a general "un-smoothness".

I'll do my own test when I get the chance, but I'm thinking these "jumps" might also explain the extreme imprecision of the HUD/HMD slew.

Worth isolating there, the HUD HMD slew is still too sensitive, regardless of the jumpiness of it. You can turn down the TDC sensitivity and the HUD slews nicely (obviously at the expense of the ability to slew anything else)

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Worth isolating there, the HUD HMD slew is still too sensitive, regardless of the jumpiness of it. You can turn down the TDC sensitivity and the HUD slews nicely (obviously at the expense of the ability to slew anything else)
Yeah, that's what I wanted to test. In other modules, the HUD slews smoothly and continuously and I wanted to see if, in the Hornet, it's only a matter of sensitivity or a matter of the designation slewing in increments instead of continuously.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

7 minutes ago, Harker said:
13 minutes ago, Swift. said:

Yeah, that's what I wanted to test. In other modules, the HUD slews smoothly and continuously and I wanted to see if, in the Hornet, it's only a matter of sensitivity or a matter of the designation slewing in increments instead of continuously.

I mean give it a go, I'd be curious to hear your take on it.

I do remember that 1 month when they fixed the slew rate for the HUD, and then it broke again the next update. What a glorious month that was.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• ED Team

We have a report open for speed, I will add this thread to the report. 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2