Couldn´t get rid of "REMOTE" message, lasing not possible

Mik75

Hi there!

I´m practising the weapon systems of the AH64D. Therefore, I´ve created a few training missions which helped me with repeating workflows and understanding some of the complex systems of the Apache.

I can shoot targets, using Hellfires from the CPG seat, quite reliably. Today, I wanted to try a mission, which I´ve already completed in the pilot´s seat, using George AI. In the CPG, I couldn´t get the laser to work, the code was set correctly (at least to my understanding), and all settings were how I´ve practised them. But still, the "REMOTE" message on the TADS wouldn´t disappear, plus I got a BALISTIC LIMIT warning, although I was "just" around 3,5 kms away.

What have I done wrong here? Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

Hi Mik75,

As per DCS_AH-64D_Quick_Start_Manual_EN.pdf page 301:

When intending to engage targets with laser-guided Hellfire missiles, the most important step is verifying the Priority missile channel is set to the same laser code as the TADS LRFD. If these do not match, the CPG will receive a “REMOTE” message in the Sight Status field of the High Action Display, to indicate the requirement for an off-board laser designation source.

So to me it looks like there must be a mismatch between the laser code of the TADS LRF and the Hellfire.

Isaac

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kgillers3 said:

Check to make sure you have the Laser powered on via Wpn > Util, also ensure your sight select is TADs. Just a shot in the dark. 

Ok, since this mission started cold & dark, that could be the issue. The last training missions I've done were all with the heli ready for takeoff on the RWY. 

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

Hi Mik75,

As per DCS_AH-64D_Quick_Start_Manual_EN.pdf page 301:

So to me it looks like there must be a mismatch between the laser code of the TADS LRF and the Hellfire.

Isaac

I've double and triple checked, that laser and HF were on the same channel "A". 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

• ED Team

add a short track replay example so we can all check it. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

to that written above an also page 313 in the AH64D quick start manual

Zitat

When the PRI channel (L1) and LRFD codes differ, a “REMOTE” message will be displayed in the HAD Sight Status field, alerting the gunner to the fact that the missile is not coded to match their current LRFD code.

Check that Hellfire (btw HF is the abbr vor high frequency...) is on [PRI A]. The little missile readout should be [A R] (for Lasecode=A and R=ready) when hellfires are WASed.

Check that LRFD (not LST) is on A.

Now there shouldnt be a REMOTE message. if there still is there is something rly wrong. Try to attach a short trackfile like BIGNEWY already stated, thy 🙂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kgillers3 said:

Check to make sure you have the Laser powered on via Wpn > Util, also ensure your sight select is TADs. Just a shot in the dark. 

Which is the button for the laser on the weapons utility page? Only position that isn't dotted is the RFI, which isn't even modelled yet, if I'm not mistaken...

4 minutes ago, Kharrn said:

to that written above an also page 313 in the AH64D quick start manual

Check that Hellfire (btw HF is the abbr vor high frequency...) is on [PRI A]. The little missile readout should be [A R] (for Lasecode=A and R=ready) when hellfires are WASed.

Check that LRFD (not LST) is on A.

Now there shouldnt be a REMOTE message. if there still is there is something rly wrong. Try to attach a short trackfile like BIGNEWY already stated, thy 🙂

Thanks a lot for your input. I actually wanted to provide a screenshot, but somehow I've messed that up. I'm pretty sure that LRFD was set to A. But the REMOTE message didn't disappear and the laser wouldn't engage. I'll try this SP mission once more tonight, and if the problem persists, I'll provide a track file and screenshot. 

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Mik75:

Which is the button for the laser on the weapons utility page? Only position that isn't dotted is the RFI, which isn't even modelled yet, if I'm not mistaken..

WPN -> Util -> L6

so 4 down from the RFI. Should be a "donut" on cold start and a filled one on hot start.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kharrn said:

WPN -> Util -> L6

so 4 down from the RFI. Should be a "donut" on cold start and a filled one on hot start.

Thx. I'll definitely have a look at that. Maybe the solution is as easy as that. 

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

3 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Thx. I'll definitely have a look at that. Maybe the solution is as easy as that. 

HI.

I bet yes, I just had that same issue, right now, and I reverted back to pilot, said George to set Hellfires and back to CP/G, and done. Probably George CP/G did activate that laser for me...

Saludos.

Saca111

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

HI.

I bet yes, I just had that same issue, right now, and I reverted back to pilot, said George to set Hellfires and back to CP/G, and done. Probably George CP/G did activate that laser for me...

Saludos.

Saca111

I'll give that a try tonight. The cold start was among the first things I've practised. And I've been pretty sure (yet) that everything was dotted, except for the RFI. But well, all these switches and procedures can get a bit overwhelming from time to time. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I've tested it. 😃👍🏻

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

27 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

I'll give that a try tonight. The cold start was among the first things I've practised. And I've been pretty sure (yet) that everything was dotted, except for the RFI. But well, all these switches and procedures can get a bit overwhelming from time to time. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I've tested it. 😃👍🏻

Copy!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mik75 said:

Sorry, but on my Weapons Utility page, I don´t see any activation button for the laser... 

DCS 2022-04-22 15-20-26-88.jpg

You’re in the wrong seat.

you have to be in the front seat, then verify laser is on, and you must sight select tads.  Hellfire can only be fired as a remote from the back seat, I guess you can have George lase something and you was hellfire and fire but I think he stops lasing

you’re also going to have to bind all your front seat keys if not done so 

wpn > util > laser and aight select tads from the front seat. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kgillers3 said:

You’re in the wrong seat.

you have to be in the front seat, then verify laser is on, and you must sight select tads.  Hellfire can only be fired as a remote from the back seat, I guess you can have George lase something and you was hellfire and fire but I think he stops lasing

you’re also going to have to bind all your front seat keys if not done so 

wpn > util > laser and aight select tads from the front seat. 

Absolutely clear. Thx again. I just missed that "small detail" that the laser must be activated on the weapons page of the CP/G! 

I've bound the front seat keys and axis to a XBox controller. Works like a charm. 

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael