my biggest wish for CA: full VR support

Tom Kazansky

I know ED already puts some effort in CA VR support. I just want to give this wish a thread for all of us that can't wait to use CA VR vehicles in DCS in a more complete way.

The lack of small details in the recent maps is especially in VR a minor problem. So it might be a good argument to delay non VR CA development but I for one don't care about that in VR.

It is the atmosphere experiencing those maps on the ground and inside a virtual world that I usually fly over in high speeds, that I find very appealing.

So plz ED don't wait for 100 GB maps and make VR a smooth transition from aircraft (which are great already in DCS VR) to tanks and other vehicles in CA VR.

• Like 8

+1

As a small side note regarding the details:

I think the Syria map is already detailed enough to have a lot of fun on the ground. There is some other ground vehicle simulator out there which is considered to be the most realistic one and in my opinion DCS Syria is much more detailed an versatile than the maps of the other sim. It might have denser ground triangle meshes (I don't know) but the overal detail level in new DCS maps is better (in my opinion).

So no need to wait for maps with higher LOD.

• Like 2

+1 and I agree. Have had a lot of fun just cruising around the various maps in a vehicle. Even when you know the area the map is supposed to represent and you can tell what's missing, or isn't quite right, it is still interesting to experience the map detail from the ground level.

I think this wish is likely to become a reality once the core updates are completed.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Besides VR I wish for ARMA-like interior cockpits for most popular vehicles. 

• Like 4

MSI z790, i5 13600k128 Gb DDR4, RTX 4090, 980 pro 2 Tb, 4 SATA SSD, 3 HDD, SB AE-7, Acer 35" curved UltraWide 200Hz, LG CX 55" HDR 120Hz G-Sync, Logitech G510s, Razer Tartarus v2, Naga hex v2, Pico 4 256 Gb, Thrustmaster WARTHOG, RS FSSB MK II Ultra, TPR pedals, Cougar MFDs, Logitech flight switch and radio panels, x56 throttle, Saitek throttle quadrant, Trackir 5, Buttkicker gamer+, Logitech G920 with pedals, shifter, handbrake, Steam controller, Sony Dualsense, Edifier s760d 5.1 540Wt, Beyerdynamic dt 990 (600 ohm), dt 770 pro (250ohm), Razer stream controller, Elgato stream deck XL

FC3, A10-CII, AV-8B, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F-18, Viggen, Mirage F1, M2000, C-101, MB-339, Sabre, Mig-15, Mig-21, I-16, Spitfire, Bf-109, 190A8,D9,  P-47, P-51,  Mosquito, Ka 50-III, Mi-8, AH-64D, Mi-24, Gazelle, NS430, Supercarrier, ALL maps, CA, WW2 assets pack