"We are aware of the potential of converting some of our projects to DCS..."

phant

"...but DCS development is WAY more time consuming than MSFS, so projects must be chosen and planned VERY carefully, otherwise they will fail..."

WE ARE DOING A TORNADO FOR MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR and here are some (very) preliminary screenshots. We plan to significantly improve the appearance, and give it a realistic flight model and a reasonably accurate systems simulations.

We have good documentation on both the legacy IDS (which will be our baseline model) and the IDS-MLU. We'd like to do the GR1, ECR and possibly the ADV variant too - the latter is depending to the availability of resources.

279526001_5661148703898544_8047453186397

SOURCE https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=5661165197230228&id=594476197232512

Bye
Phant

Edited by phant
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

AMVI

Well, if they have the license and can pull it off, it's certain to be a big seller. After gaining some experience with G.91, why not? It is complex, but also something much requested by the community. I heard rumors about some sort of license squabble around the Tornado, though, and I don't know on what terms they licensed it for MSFS.

They could also ask some other devs for help, like TrueGrit did. Multicrew and two seaters are HB specialty, and I believe that by the time G.91 and the MSFS Tornado are done, the Eurofighter will be long off their plate. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 9:59 PM, rkk01 said:

Hhmmm, that might even tempt me to get civvysim

Leaning in that direction myself🤯

On 5/1/2022 at 2:28 PM, phant said:

"...but DCS development is WAY more time consuming than MSFS, so projects must be chosen and planned VERY carefully, otherwise they will fail..."

Right now I think that DCS has, likely hit its limits on trainer light attack aircraft. I'm kind of half expecting ED to announce that they are bringing back the BAE Hawk as they're next module. And that would possibly turn customers away from any more TA types, at least for a while. Right now what I would jump at would be asset packs. Ariete, Centauro, Dardo Freccia, Iveco trucks and MRAPs, Skyguard (Gun & Aspide), Orrizzonte, FREMM,Meastrale + ambious and support units. If you guys could do some asset packs  I happily buy them.

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...