Varjo Aero: General guide for new owners

Supmua

On 1/16/2024 at 5:56 PM, HoBGoBLiNzx3 said:

Is anyone having issues with night scenes having two different lighting? One is black and the other has greyish tints to lightings and clouds. Which makes it almost unplayable at night. 

If you mean the area you directly look at seem dimmer than the surroundings, then yes.  It drives me crazy as well as aircraft seem smaller at distances now.  Before I could see aircraft about 20+ miles away, now, I can barely see them at 6 miles.  I also get tons of stutters no matter what settings I use.  Some quick systems specs I am using are, Intel 10850K, 64gb of 3600 ram, RTX4080, and DCS is on a Samsung Evo+ by it's self.

PC Specs:  Intel 10850K (OC), Artic Liquid Freezer II 360, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge, 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16, MSI Ventus RTX 4080 (OC), Samsung 970 Evo+ (Holds DCS only on it)

Winwing Orion1 base/FA-18C stick, Winwing Orion2 base/FA-18C throttle, Winwing M.I.P., Winwing Take-off panel 2, MFG Crosswind v3 w/Damper, Stream Deck, DYI Simshaker w/software, Next Level Boeing Military sim-pit, HyperX Cloud Alphas, Varjo Aero (VR headset)

Modules:  FA-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-15E, AH-64D, P-51D, FC3, Most of the maps and several campaigns.

1 hour ago, Atorius said:

If you mean the area you directly look at seem dimmer than the surroundings, then yes.  It drives me crazy as well as aircraft seem smaller at distances now.  Before I could see aircraft about 20+ miles away, now, I can barely see them at 6 miles.  I also get tons of stutters no matter what settings I use.  Some quick systems specs I am using are, Intel 10850K, 64gb of 3600 ram, RTX4080, and DCS is on a Samsung Evo+ by it's self.

Like if I close my left eye. Everything is black that should be black, and there is no bloom around the lights, then if I swap eyes and cover the right there is grey though out the blacks and the lights have bloom. The two different lens are rendering different lighting levels or something. There was a thread where people reported it but I haven't seen anything since. 

Edited by HoBGoBLiNzx3

13 hours ago, Atorius said:

Know a few guys who had similar issues and they got a new units. You might hurry up though because the Aero is now discontinued, so who knows how many spares they have..

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Comrades, please tell me, as I understand it, in the Varjo database application you need to select one of the modes or OpenVR, which launches with steamvr games. or the more productive openXR, but every time you start games, a window pops up with an error that steamVR is not running, this, of course, does not affect the subsequent launch of games, but it is a little annoying. Is it possible to disable this somehow?

<p>W11x64; Core ™ i9-12900KF CPU@5,40 Ghz; 8-и ядерный, ОП 64 Gb, RTX 4090, Viewsonic VX3211-4K 3840x2160, SSD M2 2Tb, TM Warthog РУС+РУД, ВКБ Педали, система водяного охлаждения Kraken Z73, Кресло от Game Stul, Блок питания Corsair RM1200W.

Gospadin Bondarenko, AFAIK it needs steamer for its tracking? So some elements will load…

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

15 минут назад, speed-of-heat сказал:

Gospadin Bondarenko, AFAIK it needs steamer for its tracking? So some elements will load…

Thank you for your answer, so there is no way to get rid of this notification?

image.pngimage.png

Edited by vladimir-bondarenko

<p>W11x64; Core ™ i9-12900KF CPU@5,40 Ghz; 8-и ядерный, ОП 64 Gb, RTX 4090, Viewsonic VX3211-4K 3840x2160, SSD M2 2Tb, TM Warthog РУС+РУД, ВКБ Педали, система водяного охлаждения Kraken Z73, Кресло от Game Stul, Блок питания Corsair RM1200W.

2 минуты назад, Brainfreeze сказал:

There must be.  I use DCS standalone with openXR and I am not getting this popup.  

This warning appears immediately after turning on the helmet's power.

I don't get the popup either for clarity...have you installed steamvr?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

19 минут назад, speed-of-heat сказал:

I don't get the popup either for clarity...have you installed steamvr?

of course installed, this window only appears when the OpenVR slider is turned off

image.png

I repeat that if two sliders are enabled, this error is not displayed.

image.png

again when i have openvr turned on i do not get this error message?  a brief search on a 109 error for steam reveals :

SteamVR Failed to Initialize (Error 109) :: SteamVR General Discussions (steamcommunity.com) TLDR uninstall and reinstall steamVR 

Maybe both sliders should always be turned on in the Varjo Base settings and OpenVR and OpenXR?

10 минут назад, speed-of-heat сказал:

again when i have openvr turned on i do not get this error message?  a brief search on a 109 error for steam reveals :

SteamVR Failed to Initialize (Error 109) :: SteamVR General Discussions (steamcommunity.com) TLDR uninstall and reinstall steamVR 

Unfortunately, I already tried this, it didn't help...

7 minutes ago, vladimir-bondarenko said:

Maybe both sliders should always be turned on in the Varjo Base settings and OpenVR and OpenXR?

Err no.  both of us have it switched off in VB and we do not get this popup

Have you looked into the steamvr settings?   BTW... u are using DCS standalone I assume?

Edited by Brainfreeze

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

24 минуты назад, Brainfreeze сказал:

Err no.  both of us have it switched off in VB and we do not get this popup

Have you looked into the steamvr settings?   BTW... u are using DCS standalone I assume?

So the thing is that VR games launch with this error, I just close the error notification 109. I use DCS World MT. I looked at the SteamVR settings, but didn’t change anything there.

image.png

Now I have the OpenVR and OpenXR sliders turned on

You can reset the print screen of the Varjo Base settings of the System tab

13 минут назад, Brainfreeze сказал:

Are you using DCS standalone or is it steam DCS?

DCS standalone 

• 3 weeks later...

Nrw Varjo user, former long time  Reverb G2.    I have the "cursor confined to window" setting turned on in Dcs.  With the reverb, i had no problem with the cursor moving to other windows with a "window out of focus" type messgage being displayed inside dcs, and therefore losing control of the mouse.  Since switching to the Aero, I have that happening a lot even though I have the same setting turned on in dcs. Quite annoying since i have to take off the varjo to correct it.  Then the eye tracking goes bonkers and has to reset itself etc....sometimes it doesnt even realign itself properly....Anybody else have that issue with the Varjo?  Is there something I can do inside Varjo base to stop it?  Im having a fantastic time with the Varjo other than that, highly recommend it....  Ideally, I would like not to ever have to take off the headset till finished.  

Also, sometimes I can use the buttons on the headset to go back to the virtual desktop in varjo base to try and correct the focus issue, then return to dcs, other times the buttons are not responsive.  Pressing and/or pressing and holding etc...does nothing at all.   Not sure what is causiing the occasional non-responsiveness.....or how to guarantee reponsiveness at all times.  

Thank you,

tim

Fargo

I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 12:18 PM, twells555 said:

Nrw Varjo user, former long time  Reverb G2.    I have the "cursor confined to window" setting turned on in Dcs.  With the reverb, i had no problem with the cursor moving to other windows with a "window out of focus" type messgage being displayed inside dcs, and therefore losing control of the mouse.  Since switching to the Aero, I have that happening a lot even though I have the same setting turned on in dcs. Quite annoying since i have to take off the varjo to correct it.  Then the eye tracking goes bonkers and has to reset itself etc....sometimes it doesnt even realign itself properly....Anybody else have that issue with the Varjo?  Is there something I can do inside Varjo base to stop it?  Im having a fantastic time with the Varjo other than that, highly recommend it....  Ideally, I would like not to ever have to take off the headset till finished.  

Also, sometimes I can use the buttons on the headset to go back to the virtual desktop in varjo base to try and correct the focus issue, then return to dcs, other times the buttons are not responsive.  Pressing and/or pressing and holding etc...does nothing at all.   Not sure what is causiing the occasional non-responsiveness.....or how to guarantee reponsiveness at all times.  

Thank you,

tim

Not sure about the the mouse

problem but in Varjo Base set eye tracking to “always remember”  if there are multiple users using your headset then use the “always calibrate “