Req sun visor on helmet to work

Flying.Panda

Dear DCS,

Loving the Apache, great job! I would like however, to be able to lower the sun visor on the helmet. This is especially useful when wanting to use the TADS through the HDU during the day. The helmet visor then allows for a darker background, making it easier to see the TADS image on the HDU.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jeroen

• Like 8

• 6 months later...

Can we get a  dark tinted visor for the pilot and CPG? I've seen multiple IRL pilots say there is advantages to using the visor and the IHADS FLIR during the daytime. Right now the FLIR is pretty washed out in during the daytime and I feel this would be a nice addition to the module.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I would also very much welcome that.

It should also be possible in real life.

At least the CPG should have the possibility to fold down a visor with smoked glass to see the TADS better during the day.

• Like 2

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, would like this as well! Using PNVS at daytime would be possible.

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 2 weeks later...

When you're at it.

The CP/ Gunner has a second Lip Light Battery Pack - Nylon Pouch. This is wrong. The ANVIS Pattery Pack of the Switches is not Silver but Black.

I asked a real Apache Pilot and none fly with an Anvis 9 Night Vision device during the Day. The Counterweight is also not attached to the Helmet during the Day.

• 8 months later...

In VR a portion of the sun visor is already shown. I wonder if the rest of the visor 3D art is already modeled above that bit, and if so, wouldn't it be as "easy" as animating it so that we can lower and raise it? That'd be wonderful, really.

Edit: the edm for the pilot helmet has an animated visor indeed. I don't know if that's the same 3D model attached to the player view in VR, but I guess it is because of the shadow it casts on the cockpit. Can it be forced to appear down in game with some lua magic, as a prove of concept?

Edited by average_pilot

• 2 weeks later...

I meant that I opened the helmet model with modelviewer and indeed the second argument controls the animation of the visor, so I thought maybe people that know about these things could tell us how to tweak DCS to make it work, for example changing the fold/unfold HDU command to control the visor animation argument instead, or force it down permanently, just to check what it looks like, I don't know.

I guess at some point it will become a feature and that's why it's already animated. Or maybe the plan is to make it a external model animation only like in the Hornet. Who knows.

Edited by average_pilot