Share your Tobii Eyetracker 5 DCS settings

Hello! 

I just got Tobii and I have to say I struggle a bit to set it up to my liking. So I thought it could help to see how others have set it up. If you use Tobii, please share your settings with me. 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

• 4 weeks later...

I use Tobii Eye tracker 5 for DCS World and here are my settings, you're mileage may vary. Do not enable "Eye Tracking" as head tracking is already enough. If you ever opt to use "Eye Tracking", try to play with the "Responsiveness". I find 25% or below is acceptable given the "Sensitivity Gradient settings. Hope you find them helpful. Also, make sure to have a dedicated button to, at least, the "Reset head tracking key".

The only issue is Tobii Eye Tracker 5 already dropped support to other flight sims so I discontinued using it for the time being and went back to TrackIR 5.

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 1.png

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 2.png

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 3.png

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 4.png

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 5.png

• Like 4

MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge ACMSI RTX4090 Gaming X Trio 24G OCIntel I9-9900K32GB DDR4 Kingston Hyper X + Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + WinWing Orion 2 F-16EX Viper Joystick + WinWing Orion 2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle with Finger Lifts + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Pico 4 + HP Reverb G2 + Track IR5 Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + LG 34GN850-B Monitor 

• 1 month later...
Il 20/6/2022 at 07:52, StarVenger ha scritto:

I use Tobii Eye tracker 5 for DCS World and here are my settings, you're mileage may vary. Do not enable "Eye Tracking" as head tracking is already enough. If you ever opt to use "Eye Tracking", try to play with the "Responsiveness". I find 25% or below is acceptable given the "Sensitivity Gradient settings. Hope you find them helpful. Also, make sure to have a dedicated button to, at least, the "Reset head tracking key".

The only issue is Tobii Eye Tracker 5 already dropped support to other flight sims so I discontinued using it for the time being and went back to TrackIR 5.

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 1.png

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 2.png

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 3.png

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 4.png

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 and DCS World - 5.png

Hi,

Thanks for the settings. I will give a try because I also find very difficult to use it in DCS but probably because I still have the eyetracking ON. 

What do you mean with no support for Tobii ? Do you mean Eagle Dynamics side ? 

Hey Spoon21, nope, what I meant was Tobii's support to the other popular but limited to WW1 and WW2 "flight sim" 😄  Please feedback to me your experience with the settings. Please note that I am using these settings on a 34" monitor.

Edited by StarVenger

MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge ACMSI RTX4090 Gaming X Trio 24G OCIntel I9-9900K32GB DDR4 Kingston Hyper X + Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + WinWing Orion 2 F-16EX Viper Joystick + WinWing Orion 2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle with Finger Lifts + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Pico 4 + HP Reverb G2 + Track IR5 Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + LG 34GN850-B Monitor 

• 4 months later...
TOBII DCS-FAST-Head Movement
Eye tracking settings  
Enable eye tracking On
Responsiveness 30%
Sensitivity gradient  
Exponent 1.91
Inflection point 0.41
Start point 0.25
End point 0.70
Limits  
Yaw 25  <>  -25
Pitch 20  <>  -22
Pitch mirror OFF
Head tracking settings  
Enable head tracking ON
Head auto center OFF
Head rotation  
Enable head roll ON
Yaw sensitivity 2.53
Pitch sensitivitry 1.13
Roll sensitivity 0.65
Sensitivity gradient  
Exponent 1.79
Inflection point 0.01
Start point 0.00
End point 0.85
View angle limits  
Yaw 180  <>  -180
Pitch 90  <>  -40
Pitch mirror OFF
Head position  
Enable head position ON
X sensitivity 0.82
Y sensitivity 1.10
Z sensitivity 2.00
Control features  
Enable/Disable key CAPS Lock (Capital)
RS Mapper: Long Press Throttle Zoom Dial Button #3)
  Toggle
Center view on disable On
Center view key X56 HOTAS Throttle Zoom Dial Button #3
  • Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 9:02 AM, StarVenger said:

Hey Spoon21, nope, what I meant was Tobii's support to the other popular but limited to WW1 and WW2 "flight sim" 😄  Please feedback to me your experience with the settings. Please note that I am using these settings on a 34" monitor.

Sorry, I know this is a few months ago, but I really have no idea what you mean by 'dropping support'. Seems like the opposite to me.  Most flight sims are supported with many having native support. In fact, out of the almost 200 games with Tobii functioning, almost all have native support.

The only thing I can think you are talking about is the dropping of a certain  WW2 sim with 3 characters. Support for that was dropped because it was using vjoy and it that is no longer supported. I only wish that DCS would incorporate native support so we could stop using GameHub.  In fact, I might drop a thread in the Wishlist forum.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 2/23/2023 at 7:10 PM, imacken said:

Sorry, I know this is a few months ago, but I really have no idea what you mean by 'dropping support'. Seems like the opposite to me.  Most flight sims are supported with many having native support. In fact, out of the almost 200 games with Tobii functioning, almost all have native support.

The only thing I can think you are talking about is the dropping of a certain  WW2 sim with 3 characters. Support for that was dropped because it was using vjoy and it that is no longer supported. I only wish that DCS would incorporate native support so we could stop using GameHub.  In fact, I might drop a thread in the Wishlist forum.

That's the only one I was talking about. 😄 Just sad that I could not use this tracker to that sim.

There is always more than one way to accomplish goals in the Windows environment.

• For those that like to tweak and try new things, you can also use OpenTrack with Tobii and "ALL" Flight Sims including that certain WW2 simulator with 3 characters.
  • The tutorial is linked below:

Use Tobii Eye Tracker 5 with OpenTrack: 

Click this Link >> https://gist.github.com/amadeus/09b32e4d45f815f6d46686d367c4b6ee

From the Author amadeus:

Hopefully, you've found this document helpful as a way to setup and configure a Tobii Eye Tracker 5 with OpenTrack. Another nice benefit of this setup is that it will work with pretty much any flight sim out of the box given OpenTrack's great compatibility.

g

• Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Yes, and it works pretty well with Opentrack. BUT, you can't use eye tracking - no big deal for some - and, most importantly, you can't use the built-in native support in MS's sim for Tobii with Opentrack installed as it prioritises that as it thinks it's TrackIR.

So, it's swings and roundabouts.

Edited by imacken
  • Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

42 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

There is always more than one way to accomplish goals in the Windows environment.

• For those that like to tweak and try new things, you can also use OpenTrack with Tobii and "ALL" Flight Sims including that certain WW2 simulator with 3 characters.
  • The tutorial is linked below:

Use Tobii Eye Tracker 5 with OpenTrack: 

Click this Link >> https://gist.github.com/amadeus/09b32e4d45f815f6d46686d367c4b6ee

From the Author amadeus:

Hopefully, you've found this document helpful as a way to setup and configure a Tobii Eye Tracker 5 with OpenTrack. Another nice benefit of this setup is that it will work with pretty much any flight sim out of the box given OpenTrack's great compatibility.

g

Does that mean, I can drop the tobii software and drivers altogether? I found their software quite intrusive. One of the reasons I dropped it. But I may try again with opentrack.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

No, you can’t drop Tobii Experience. You can only drop GameHub. 
As I said above, there are drawbacks with using the Opentrack approach, and I would say it is more intrusive than GH imo. 

• Like 1

Hi @Hiob,

@imacken is 100% accurate in his comments.   OpenTrack only replaces GameHub. OpenTrack is interesting because there are other filters and interesting settings you can change and tweak. 

OpenTrack is free so no harm in trying but you better set aside a few hours of your life.   Cheers.    

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disabling eye tracking in Tobii Game Hub settings for for some reason doesn't work correctly (your eyes still slightly influence camera direction and its very annoying).

Hot tip for anyone wanting to turn OFF eye tracking but keep head tracking:

1. Keep eye tracking ON in Game Hub, but:
  2. Turn Responsiveness, Yaw Limit, and Pitch Limit all to 0 (all the way down) within the Eye Tracking section.

This solved the issue for me.

Edited by jstnj

Good tip!

• 3 months later...

Tobii GameHub has been updated from 2.8.x to 3.x.  Not sure how but the GameHub automatically updated this week from what I can tell

I recently had a chance to try the new GameHub settings for DCS and one that stands out the most for me is the Relative Head Position

• With Relative Head Positions ON you can look at your left-right or rear panels and lean in to zoom.
  • The result will be close to what TrackIR TrueView does in that your cockpit view will zoom in in the direction you are looking at.
  • Experiment with the new settings and see what parameters feel better for you.  

Gamehub 3.x.Highlights

⭐ Implemented settings for head and eye tracking for multiple-axis

⭐ Implemented Relative Head Position in Game Hub

⭐ Improved UI for game settings

⭐ New head illustrations and limit controller design

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2022 at 10:52 PM, StarVenger said:

Hello!

First of thank you so much for the settings. Would you be able to post your updated settings? The new tobii update has different options and I am a new user. Very much appreciated!

• Like 1

Intel i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz

H100i v2

MSI Z370 Gaming M5

Corsair Dominator DDR4 64GB (4x16GB) 2400MHz

EVGA 1080TI FTW3

ADATA XPG SX8200 240GB (Win10)

SAMSUNG 850 SSD (DCS & Saved Games Folder)

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 1200W

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

HOTAS Warthog

CH Pedals

TrackIR 5 w/Delan Clip Fusion

Logitech FSP

Gametrix Jetseat kw-908/Buttkicker 2

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I just got Tobii (2 days) and i'd like to share my experience.

I created multiple profiles even for the same vehicle (i.e a profile for Apache pilot ramp start and for Flight, and same for F16/F18) and fully disabled eye tracking, using tobii just as a head tracker. In this way i can get wide movements for switching all the switches and somehow "limited" movement when in flight. Just to clarify Apache pilot has Z axis disabled while for CPG is enabled in order to take a better look at mfd's partially obscured by TEDAC.

So far i have discovered warm water...

But.. I have still quite some problems during ramp start. How do you deal with looking in game at far left-far right consoles and still being able to look at what's happening on screen?

With Apache, since both left and right consoles have a quite forward poistion i can barely see the main lighting knob and still rotate it. MY only problem is to properly boresighting the aimpoint. I mean, i can put the cross on the yellow ball but how press the "b/s now" button?

I haven't tried yet with F18 but in the 16 is very difficult enable all the avionics switches on the right and test instruments on the left... How do you do that??

Thanks a lot!!!

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

Hi, Got my Tobii last week and I use Tobiis rekommended settings which I downloaded from their site. Work perfectly also on triple 32” which I use. DCS/Tobii resets however the chosen FoV / Zoom so I had to set it to the value I preferred (90) and press [right shift] + [0 on numpad] to save it. Bind zoom to a button and use it ones before flight and it recover the fov. With lower than 90 the view was to low I height. Now it’s perfect! Flies F-16 and AJS37 Viggen.

Tobii setting file:  https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/18507056489233

Edited by LasseLEK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Got track IR and use that but had a tobii for years and never installed it till today, just saw a tobii updated a few hours ago they added a new feature for DCS. https://help.tobii.com/hc/en-us/articles/18337540780049-Camera-Boost-beta-

Seems like a good idea, Now if only DCS worked with my tobii. There is no enable button and though the eye tracker and all works in setup and I can even preview the eyetracking it doesnt work in DCS at all even after pointing it to the exe file.

EDIT: finally works now. got it after rebooting and playing other tobii enabled games first then it started to work on its own but disabled some keyboard buttons. Alt tab in and out of the game and now it works fine. Liking the boots feature tobii added but if enabled it auto disables eye tracking. I am using the tobii profile LasselLEK posted above and it works just as well as my track IR. will likely attach the track IR to my simpit as I have a mount made that attaches it to the Winwing MFD  I got off etsy and a DCS forum user (ToolShop3D, cant remeber his forum name) and will keep the Tobii on my main PC monitor for use with other games and quick DCS sessions till I determine which will be permanent to DCS.

EDIT: Stupid tobii anytime I reboot my PC I have to uninstall and reinstall the tobii experience program or the  tobii wont work. I can verify in device manager though the device is good and has power and current drivers. It just stays lights off and not detected in the app unless I uninstall and reinstall. Tobii apps suck.

Edited by Sorata
  • Like 1