Horizontal Rudder Alignment

Jafferson

Recently i noticed the Stick is not moving by turning the trim wheel, but H-Rudder does. Looks like the stick animtion is missing. I took a closer look at the stabilizer, you can't see it in F2 view, so i used the free camera and found someting interesting. The H-rudder is not movieng with the Stabilizer in a proper way.

The following picture shows the H-rudder relative to the Stabilizer with maximum trim tail heavy and zero stick input, H-rudder should self align due to the drag but does not.

20220610211000_1.jpg

---

The next picture shows the H-rudder reletive to the the Stabilizer with maximum trim nose heavy and zero stick input, its similar to the picture befor. Take a closer look at the edges inside the red circle, H-rudder is not aligned with the Stabilizer. The attitude of the H-rudder shows the stick is pulled back a little bit.

Inked20220610210936_1_LI.jpg

With zoom:

Inked20220610210936_1_LI2.jpg

---

The next picture shows how it should be with maximum trim nose heavy, the H-rudder is aligned with the Stabilizer by pushing the stick a little bit forward.

Inked20220610211115_1_LI.jpg

With zoom:

Inked20220610211115_1_LI2.jpg

By the way, my axis tune setting in the picture is slider checked and Saturation (Y) at 98, its better than my previous setting with curvature at +1 and less dragy.

---

It's not to criticize, its for the progress and...

I want to say thank you to the whole team, thank you for all the beautiful modules you have created in the past years. And best wishis you keep up the work and be successful with your future projects so we can enjoy DCS like we always do.

It's obvious, i think this post deserves a reported.

H-rudder alignment.trk

Edited by Jafferson

Just a guess, but I'm pretty sure there are ground adjustable trim tabs on the elevator as well, despite these not being exposed for adjustment in the special options.

I suspect ED has hard-coded them to provide a certain behavior (for instance, could be for relieving stick force required to deflect the elevators) at a certain stab trim and power setting/speed to align with the historical data from their research. If you happen to set the plane up at a power or stab trim setting that diverges from that it would end up deflecting the elevator as you've shown.

Really hard to know what's going on without knowing how and even if that trim tab has been coded/set.

Edited by kablamoman

If it was a trim tab which wasn't fitted in production k-4, shouldn't elevator be deflected all the time no matter of H stabilizator angle and deflection change with speed increase ?? For me it looks like pilot it self holding stick in centered position, this explains for me that elevator relative position to H-Stab changes. Super weird behavior imho. I think virtual pilot should let go stick like it is a case in P-51 or spitfire for example.

image.png

I made short clip from F2 view, with track ir use i was able to get nice spot. My theory is <profanity>, elevator moves with H-stab but not exactly the same, but it does not stay in same position to fuselage, stick in cockpit does not move at all. This thing makes no sense for me. Mysterious connection between trim system and elevator control.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

12 minutes ago, kablamoman said:

could be a bug with the animations on the model, maybe?

Yeah, it would not be the first time that graphical/animation bug don't affect FM but hard to tell heh 🙂

Only way to be sure, that ED team would acknowledge this as a bug.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 1 month later...