When I update DCSW, I always lose all settings (NEED HELP PLEASE)

ctguy1955

My PC has a messed up motherboard and strange things happen. 
  When I update DCS, I have to completely re set up everything in DCS.
All My planes and jets have to have pedal/stick/throttle commands redone.
all curves on Axis tune panel and so many other things are lost.

The hours I spend flying and gaining experience, and the rewards of medals are gone.

Can someone please tell Me what I can save that will prevent this from happening all the time now ?

Thank You and Clear Skies
        Mike
nullnullnull

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You can save your user profile (saved games\DCS) or something like that.

I also recommend STRONGLY that you export your controller configurations EVERY time you re-map something.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

3 minutes ago, ctguy1955 said:

When I update DCS, I have to completely re set up everything in DCS.
All My planes and jets have to have pedal/stick/throttle commands redone.
all curves on Axis tune panel and so many other things are lost.

can you describe in more detail exactly how do you update DCS?  I update DCS once a month on average and never experience what you describe, except on the very seldom time when a Module gets new or additional control bindings.

Maybe you reinstall windows often? A windows reinstall produces the issues that you describe because it assigns new USB identifications to your hotas and pedals.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The logbook.lua in your profile /saved games/dcs world/mission editor folder contains your flight history and achievements.

The /config/input is were your bindings are saved.

Make sure to backup both and you're safe to quickly retrieve the settings.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the advice,  to Rudel_chw, This only happens when DCS has a major 2.7 update.
I have tried to export the settings, but it did not seem to work for Me. I must be doing something wrong.

I found this on the forums:   "I did solve a great deal of that by rebuilding DCS’ shaders. Deleting the ‘fxo’ and ‘metashaders2’ folders is a common performance increasing method when jumping between updates and that did solve a number of issues with performance but it didn’t fully alleviate them."

I was able to find the FXO file and deleted it and it seemed to help, I could not find metashaders but I messed with them 
in the past and learned not to.

Thanks so much for all Your  help

Clear Skies
   Mike

57 minutes ago, ctguy1955 said:

to Rudel_chw, This only happens when DCS has a major 2.7 update.

Hi,

This is not normal, maybe you have a problem with your /Saved Games/ folder definition .. maybe you moved it to another drive?   

Please attach your dcs.log to gather more clues about your problem and hopefully pinpoint the issue.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB