NTTR JTAC 9-Line Coordinates Help

Mistermann
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Hey fellow pilots.  I am stumped on something.  I just watched a neat video on using the JTAC functionality within the ME.  The video is a couple of years old and I suspect the Hornet's behavior may have changed since it was published.

I want to simulate a JTAC directing me into targets that I'm just learning about from the ground controller.  There are no waypoints in the jet pointing me to the target's location.

I setup a JTAC in the ME with the following attributes

image.png

When I get into the mission and contact the JTAC for the 9-Line, he presents me with the following information

nullimage.png

Now I'll reference the video.  Like what's shown below, I am now trying to enter the coordinates given to me by the JTAC

https://youtu.be/epSbqvzbKiQ?t=451

I can enter the Grid Square of "MC", but when I try and type in the 8 digit number given by the JTAC "92701203", the UFC won't accept it.  It only allows 6 digits.  The video only shows a 6 digit JTAC coordinate as well.  This is what perplexes me. 

Can some kind soul direct me to a video or thread walking a Hornet Driver through the process of establishing a WP in the jet based on the coordinates provided by the JTAC?

My searching within the forum didn't produce any clear results.  Thanks!! 

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

17 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

Hey fellow pilots.  I am stumped on something.  I just watched a neat video on using the JTAC functionality within the ME.  The video is a couple of years old and I suspect the Hornet's behavior may have changed since it was published.

I want to simulate a JTAC directing me into targets that I'm just learning about from the ground controller.  There are no waypoints in the jet pointing me to the target's location.

I setup a JTAC in the ME with the following attributes

image.png

When I get into the mission and contact the JTAC for the 9-Line, he presents me with the following information

nullimage.png

Now I'll reference the video.  Like what's shown below, I am now trying to enter the coordinates given to me by the JTAC

https://youtu.be/epSbqvzbKiQ?t=451

I can enter the Grid Square of "MC", but when I try and type in the 8 digit number given by the JTAC "92701203", the UFC won't accept it.  It only allows 6 digits.  The video only shows a 6 digit JTAC coordinate as well.  This is what perplexes me. 

Can some kind soul direct me to a video or thread walking a Hornet Driver through the process of establishing a WP in the jet based on the coordinates provided by the JTAC?

My searching within the forum didn't produce any clear results.  Thanks!! 

@Mistermann Hi, have a look at 2:44 mark of this wags video

• Thanks 1

• ED Team
  • Solution

@Mistermann If you are using an aircraft that only accepts 6 digits, you can just drop one digit from the easting and northing groups. In your example, to enter MC 9270 1203 as a 6-digit format, you would enter "MC927120".

Conversely, if you are in precise mode, and you want to enter it as a 10-digit format, you would simply add zeros to each easting and northing groups. To enter MC 9270 1203 as a 10-digit, you would enter "MC9270012030".

There was recent change to the JTAC system that allowed them to provide 8-digit grid accuracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

22 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

do you need to be in precise mode? 

I don't.  Is there a way to tell JTAC to provide the coords in less precise format (6-digit)?

EDIT:  several other messages cam in while I was testing.  Thanks!

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Just now, Mistermann said:

Is there a way to tell JTAC to provide the coords in less precise format (6-digit)?

No, but you can round down the JTAC's co-ordinates or add trailing zeros if using precise mode as described by Raptor9

• Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks ALL!!!  This is a great community.

• Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod