MYSE1234's cockpit mods

MYSE1234

48 minutes ago, markturner1960 said:

Hey MYSE, would it be possible to request a version for the F1EE please? Thank you!

Maybe in the future, but likely not soon.
I also noticed I need to fix the CE a little too, so might get both done at the same time while I'm already at it.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 3

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

On 1/28/2023 at 12:42 PM, MYSE1234 said:

Maybe in the future, but likely not soon.
I also noticed I need to fix the CE a little too, so might get both done at the same time while I'm already at it.

Is it me or currently with the mods have some overlapped thing near the radar ?

30 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

Is it me or currently with the mods have some overlapped thing near the radar ?

That's what need fixing on the CE. As well as just updating the base textures in general, to the new slightly brighter ones.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Will upload the EE version and the fixed CE tomorrow.

There will also be an optional mod for the RWR.

image.png

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• MYSE1234 changed the title to MYSE1234's cockpit mods

The OP has been updated!

• EE version of the white cockpit
  • CE fixes
  • Reduced texture resolutions of modified textures from 8K to 4K - no visual loss and less memory used
  • AN/ALR-300 symbology mod

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Thanks 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Myse! I'm making myself a custom cockpit and wondering how did you successfully change the color of the following dds : miragef1-cockpit-07 since it is a transparency texture , kinda new into this and it is sooo confusing , I find out that the rwr button box is on tthis texture and would like to modify it a bit hihi , is there a special thing to do before rendering it in Photoshop? every time I render it even without modification made to it , it appears all black in my cockpit... Thanks in advance and your mod is awesome mate!

39 minutes ago, Washida said:

Hey Myse! I'm making myself a custom cockpit and wondering how did you successfully change the color of the following dds : miragef1-cockpit-07 since it is a transparency texture , kinda new into this and it is sooo confusing , I find out that the rwr button box is on tthis texture and would like to modify it a bit hihi , is there a special thing to do before rendering it in Photoshop? every time I render it even without modification made to it , it appears all black in my cockpit... Thanks in advance and your mod is awesome mate!

Hi!
Can't say I'm doing anything specially really tbh. Only thing I can think of is that (assuming you're using NVIDIA's DDS thing) it's not loading the alpha into the alpha channel, but as a transparency.

You want this checked.
image.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 12:00 AM, MYSE1234 said:

Hi!
Can't say I'm doing anything specially really tbh. Only thing I can think of is that (assuming you're using NVIDIA's DDS thing) it's not loading the alpha into the alpha channel, but as a transparency.

You want this checked.
image.png

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for late response 🙂

• 2 months later...

Edit: sorted

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Can I make a request please?

This internet-anti-cheat test program preventing so many beautyful mods only dedicated to make cockpit textures better and in higher quality, or adding better afterburner sounds or a more realistic-looking HUD-glass and whatnot, is waaaaaaay to tight!

After putting my new F-14 Tomcat cockpit textures into the texture folder it even refused to start, but always shut down until I re-downloaded the original default F-14 and kept everything vanilla and default. Oh please come on even forbidding to start up the whole flight simulator when I modify a few cockpit textures on one plane is really way too strict and over-the-top. I guess all other modders think the same way....

And MYSE1234:

Beautyful new cockpit, that´s the way the Mirage F1 cockpit looks on most photos in Google picture search 🙂 I don´t have this airplane yet but your mod really makes me think of buying it. Beautyful friendly and bright looking Viggen-style cockpit. The only detail I don´t like in this cockpit are these too flat Philips-screws at the side under the canopy frame, they look too flat too 2D and need a modified normal map and bumpmap to make them stand out a little bit and give them some depth and self-shadowing. Hm I´d love to add this little detail on the NRM.dds files but like I said unfortunately I don´t own this module yet.

hmm this didn't work for me. i placed the files in \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Mirage-F1\Liveries as well as SavedGames.

loaded up DCS but cockpit is still black. is there something else I need to do?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

On 6/13/2023 at 3:41 AM, dresoccer4 said:

hmm this didn't work for me. i placed the files in \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Mirage-F1\Liveries as well as SavedGames.

loaded up DCS but cockpit is still black. is there something else I need to do?

This is what you want your saved games folder to look like. Just dropping the folder into the DCS saved games folder should be enough to install it and enable it.
If it does not work I'm not sure what could be the issue tbh.

image.png

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

nullThis is what you want your saved games folder to look like. Just dropping the folder into the DCS saved games folder should be enough to install it and enable it.
If it does not work I'm not sure what could be the issue tbh.

image.png

got it to work! not sure what I did. i just quit DCS a couple times and reloaded then it started working. almost like it was using a cache of the cockpit. v strange. but all good now, thanks.

quick q: does this work with the english cockpit mod?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

14 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

got it to work! not sure what I did. i just quit DCS a couple times and reloaded then it started working. almost like it was using a cache of the cockpit. v strange. but all good now, thanks.

quick q: does this work with the english cockpit mod?

Good to hear you got it working! 

Unfortunately no, it's one or the other with the cockpit mods.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, formaggio said:

@MYSE1234 recent update seems to have broken the hud size mod. pitch ladder in the hud no longer moves with mod installed

Copy that, will take a look soon™.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
On 10/24/2023 at 11:50 PM, formaggio said:

@MYSE1234 V3 hud size mod downloaded today oct 24 2023 now breaks IC specifically the part that changes the thickness
PS. i hope youre going to make a White cockpit for the BE default one is BLEH

Since you asked. 🙂
Available for download in the OP.

image.pngnull

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]