[SOUTH EAST ASIA] VIETNAM MAP 1200km x 600km, It's time to get this started.

SOLIDKREATE

On 6/20/2023 at 2:54 PM, Bosun said:

For anyone looking at other modern Unreal based engines - one big factor that has made Flights Sims need their own engines since forever - is the scale at which you're able to see things. 

Only in flight sims, do you get the need for an engine to render things tens of kilometers, sometimes hundreds of kilometers away, all at once.  For the Unreal video posted above, those 'bush' renderings may be dreamy, but you cannot apply that rendering engne to an aircraft travelling 600knts at an altitude of 10,000ft.  It would crash the computer.  

Most all the games that run Unreal Engine dynamics do not have to render such large areas, and move that large area of render around such a large map, as quickly, all at once, like a flight-sim engine needs to do. 

Furthermore, weather dynamics are often under-utilized in those engines, where they're more often simply 'background' to a scene, and not an active part of the environment, outside of generated precipitation at ground level. 

All true, even third party weather scripts like Pure and Sol only have to handle the weather around the race track and are FPS hogs. I have to give Peter Boese his due though, in that area the physics effects on track surface conditions are incredibly detailed. I wonder if ED could use something like Briefing Room does to limit the render area? 

RH small.jpg GW vet small.jpg 

"There is no problem that can't be solved with the proper application of the correct amount of explosives." Every Demo NCO.

Ryzen 7-5700X, RTX 3060Ti, 64GB RAM, 2TB M.2 SSD, Asus 5G/WIFI 6 router, Pico 4 wired to router (CAT 8/USB C).

• 2 weeks later...

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Mike Force Team:

Any new updates on a Vietnam map? I figured a developer might have offered ED a proof-of-concept by now.

Mike Force Team

According to this reddit, wags has confirmed it in the video, but I havent seen the video by myself.

Hellcat module confirmed!

Brown shirts on supercarrier confirmed

Vietnam and Korea map confirmed (later on, not in work.)

• Thanks 1

According to this reddit, wags has confirmed it in the video, but I havent seen the video by myself.

Hellcat module confirmed!

Brown shirts on supercarrier confirmed

Vietnam and Korea map confirmed (later on, not in work.)

To be honest he asked for news. None of that is news.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk