DCS doesn't start after latest update

I have Windows 11 with NVIDIA Geforce 1080 Ti, Mobo MSI Z370, Intel Core i7 8700, 64 Gb RAM.

After latest update DCS desn't start anymore. I just see the first windows with Eagle Dynamics logo...after few seconds this windows close and after that nothing happens.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game ... nothing changes.

Any idea to fix this issue?

I'm a bit disappointed since it seems there is no support in the web site DCS page

Do you have sufficient space on C:\ and on the drive you installed DCS on? Try to rename the user/savegames/dcs folder and see if it makes a difference.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 hours ago, Vespa said:

Any idea to fix this issue?

Not enough info to venture a guess .. perhaps if you attached your dcs.log file to gather more clues?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks to you all for feedbacks and help.

@Rudel_chw: thanks for your head up, I didn't know about that file. In case I'lll post that log

@Hiob: I removed that savemages folder...right now I'm reinstalling DCS, let's see if this fixed the issue

• Like 1

The idea behind renaming the savedgames folder is to get rid of any (corrupted) setting, that keeps DCS from starting regulary.

Should have tried this before reinstalling - may have saved you some time, if it has worked. Nevertheless - good Luck!

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

@Hiob is correct. A re-install will (usually) NOT help, if the fault is in Saved Games. A full repair will be the same as a reinstallation. Trust me!

Rename Saved Games. Start DCS:

A. It works? Copy folders back one by one, to find the culprit. 

B. It doesn't work? Full repair. Back to A. 

Like @Rudel_chw says. The DCS log will usually tell you where and why it stops.

My 2 cents anyway. The days of re-installation as a remedy are long gone. 😉

• Like 1

I have experienced a lot of game start issues since a few updates. Very often the game will show the progress messages of a normal load, but at the end the game window will not display. Clicking on the game icon in the taskbar won't help. But when I click on the MS-Outlook or any other Office icon in the taskbar the game window comes up and I can play. Sounds ridiculous I know. Biut it has become a bit of a routine and doesn't bother me any more.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have the same occasionally. Sometimes DCS just cancels to start or starts and then doesn't display the game window. I don't think about it much and just start it again.

Personally I think it's more a windows issue than a DCD one, but either way, it doesn't bother me much.

• Like 1

Some times it freezes on startup. And yes, it's after the last too updates. But I'm aware, and I use a live log viewer to see what's happening in the DCS log. When it hangs, I just kill it with Skatezilla's app, and start it again. 😊 

But bothers me more, is that it takes two, yes TWO minutes to load the F-14 sounds, while all other modules takes 0.01 seconds. 😊 

Cheers! 

EDIT: Bloody H***! Somehow the exclusions for my games were removed from Windows Defender. Just added them, and DCS started without any issues in 98 seconds on my nine year+ old system. That's a new one. I feel ashamed for not fixing this until now. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Edited by MAXsenna
  • Like 1

Again, thanks a lot to you all guys for your feedback and help, really appreciate it ...lovely community I have to say.

Removing/renamig the user/savegames/dcs definitely fixed the issue.

Thanks to your help I'll avoid wasting lot of time reinstalling the game on next issue like this one.

• Like 1