easter egg

CAT_101st

I was watching a few SU-25Ts circling a target site and noticed that the pilots turn their heads to search for targets on the ground. verry WOW.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I always wanted to nod my head up and down to people in multiplayer when wearing my eMagin Z800 HMD in flaming cliffs. Couldn't do it. I could turn it back and forth in a "no", though.

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

I was watching a few SU-25Ts circling a target site and noticed that the pilots turn their heads to search for targets on the ground. verry WOW.

That may be a very cool detail but I don't see how it really qualifies as an Easter egg.

-- CoolHand

I came from F4 not F4AF. I have ben out of the sims for 5 years or more. So to me it was a easter egg. dosn't have to be to you. :thumbup:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Yes, I'm an old F4 and F4AF driver. In fact I doubt there's ever been a flight sim for the PC that I haven't flown. I guess when I think of easter eggs I think in terms of something that one of the programmers has added to the application that only occurs under a very specific set of circumstances. For instance seeing a sign in a game that says Merry Christmas if you happen to be playing the game on Christmas day or I seem to recall in the old game Combat Flight Simulator 2 there was some special key combination that could turn your plane into a flying pig.

-- CoolHand

I think what Cool Hand meant is that Easter Eggs are surprises the developers add in to poke a little fun and/or surprise to users. It could be an out-of-place, unexpected object, for example.

To me, pilots moving their heads is absolutely awesome, but more a feature than an easter egg.

In Falcon4 AF, some sings on building read "All your base are belong to us" wich is a nice easter egg relating to the baldy translated japanese game that got made into a nice parody video and many many photoshopped pictures.

That's what I call an easter egg and I'd like to see some in DCS:BS.

Somewhere between an easter egg & an advert is - if you hit the test button on the HUD it comes up with "Eagle Dynamics" ...

Nice thing about this is that you can edit the HUD Test text to read whatever you want, maybe something like "YOU SUCK AT FLYING ME".

Just edit \Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\HUD\HUD_test_page.lua and keep your text in upper case letters.

BTW, I´ve found another easter egg: there´s a secret stealth mode where you can reduce your Radar Cross Section. By hitting LCtl-E at least ten times you can hide all your rotor blades from enemy radar and shortly thereafter you will disappear completely from their screens.

Then you can continue sneaking in low and slow...

:thumbup:

Edited by Woodstock

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

sorry for the offtopic but, for a non english native, what the hell is an easter egg?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4