Any way to see targeting cursor in CP/G HUD that corresponds to CP/G's TADS?

salsantana

I keep running into a need to see (in CP/G cockpit) the position of cursor on HUD as I'm slewing about in TADS....... or to learn why such an aide isn't even necessary? It kinda reminds me of field notes in land surveying where certain dimensions seem deliberately omitted 🙂

On the TSD screen, upper row, youll have a SHOW button. Click on that, click on CPG cursor on the left. That will show his cursor on the screen. If you are looking to see where the TADS is looking at on the map itself, I believe you have to make the GHS as the acquisition source, but I dont believe it shows up on the map display. You will only see it in your IHADSS afaik.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I don't think you can do what you want to do, if my assumption above is correct. 

I think your best bet is to select TADS as your Sight, and GHS as your Acquisition Source.  In this mode, the Field of Regard box at the bottom of the HUD will show where the TADS is looking with the small rectangle, and where your helmet is looking with the dot.  In this mode you can also slave the TADS to what you are looking at out the window, then de-slave and put your head down into the TEDAC to manipulate the TADS manually. 

Unfortunately, when you de-slave, the cued LOS reticle goes away.

• Like 2

There’s no way to do exactly what you want. 
The closest you get is kinda the opposite as Floyd1212 describes above….make GHS your acquisition source and select TADS as the sight. Now when slaved the TADS will follow your line of sight. Deslave when you’re looking at the desired spot.

Otherwise you make do with the FOV box position in the Field of Regard box at the bottom of the TADS display. It shows the rough TADS LOS relative to the aircraft. You also can see the TADS LOS on the TSD MAP and terrain associate off that.

Generally I’ve found you don’t really need what you describe, you should have enough awareness of what you’re looking at with all the other aids, what you see in the TADS and just by looking out the window. This is all by design, it works ok. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 1:51 PM, salsantana said:

I keep running into a need to see (in CP/G cockpit) the position of cursor on HUD as I'm slewing about in TADS....... or to learn why such an aide isn't even necessary? It kinda reminds me of field notes in land surveying where certain dimensions seem deliberately omitted

Interesting. What are you doing when you want to see a TADS acquisition source? I'm usually too busy looking at the TSD and TDAC to even be looking outside. 

Edited by Poptart

On 8/16/2022 at 5:44 PM, Floyd1212 said:

So you want to have your IHADSS on, and be able to look out the window and see the cued LOS reticle indicate where the TADS is currently looking?

Yes, and with something akin to the TDC diamond in A-10C. I've found the ability to reset that cursor to center of HUD useful "on-the-fly", so to speak, when I wish to mark a point on ground where I know there's enemy present or approaching.

I think I've been less than attentive to the Field-of-Regard box and cued LOS reticle, so head's in manual and lurking YouTube for Casmo/Wags/etc. tutorials. Thanks to all y'all!

Have you considered making a target point? You can then select TSD: COORD, T01 (making T01 ACQ) and slave to it.  Then switch from TADS to HMD and you'll see a crosshair on the ground in your HMD.  This isn't the constantly updating point you were looking for, but it does provide a MKI eyeball geo reference to orient upon.

You can also make T01 your waypoint, which will prevent you from having to slave TADS to T01 every time you want a point reference in your HMD.  

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 2 months later...

I totally agree. Sometimes when the target is close and in an urban area where it is difficult to make a difference between the buildings I look out of the window to orientate myself and on my CPG IHAADS symbology a Cued LOS Reticle (crosshair) would be extremely helpful, to see where my TADS is looking.

I watch my tads on the TDU and I switch off (tune down) the TADS feed on the IHADSS.

Is it not modeled or even the real one did not have this feature?

2 hours ago, tsgucci said:

I totally agree. Sometimes when the target is close and in an urban area where it is difficult to make a difference between the buildings I look out of the window to orientate myself and on my CPG IHAADS symbology a Cued LOS Reticle (crosshair) would be extremely helpful, to see where my TADS is looking.

I watch my tads on the TDU and I switch off (tune down) the TADS feed on the IHADSS.

Is it not modeled or even the real one did not have this feature?

Real thing doesn't have this feature.

You have to use the other tools at your disposal to build awareness of where the TADS is looking.

• Thanks 1