Low Effort Bug List for F-15C

henshao

• 2 weeks later...

Also if the AIM-7 was accidentally launched in TWS, the radar should immediately switch to FLOOD mode.

As well, it would be nice for the radar to automatically select appropriate PRF depending on the VSD range setting.   MPRF up to 40, ILV for 80 and HPRF for 160.  Overridable by the pilot of course.

And naturally, put in the correct guns scan pattern even if it ends up being fixed (IRL you can move it around)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

3 hours ago, henshao said:

the Rmax1, Rmax2, Range turn and run, and Rmin envelopes for the selected weapon should be displayed whenever radar track exists but I guess you think this is a feature only of Russian aircraft 🙄

No, I think that in the MiG-29, Su-27/33 modules it was added by ED on purpose, like many other cool things, to level the chances of these modules with western ones in the fight 😉
There was definitely nothing like that in the MiG-21 in reality as I remember 😉 Unfortunately, I don't remember what it looked like in the MiG-29 before they were integrated with NATO systems in our aviation ... But it was sooo long, looooong ago ...

7 hours ago, henshao said:

The F-14 is able to take long range AIM-54 shots at the F-15, before it even appears on RWR

You mean the missile or the Tomcat radar on RWR?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

7 hours ago, henshao said:

The F-14 is able to take long range AIM-54 shots at the F-15, before it even appears on RWR

I don't think so...

Unless he's shooting with the radar off...

Edited by Nahen

In DCS, flying the F-15C Tomcat appears on the RWR display at much greater distances. It all depends on whether you are checking the TomCat AI or the player's TomCat and how he uses his radar. Fighting live F-14 pilots in DCS I see F-14s on RWR a lot with over 70-80 miles.

Edited by Nahen

16 hours ago, Nahen said:

Fighting live F-14 pilots in DCS I see F-14s on RWR a lot with over 70-80 miles.

Still not enough. Tomcat can have you on the radar even farther out.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

Still not enough. Tomcat can have you on the radar even farther out.

I did not check - because I did not feel the need - from what maximum distance you can see the F-14 on the RWR in the F-15C. I bet that in specific conditions it can be much further than 70-80 miles. in any case, 80 miles is more than enough. Today, in the DCS, AiM-54 will not be able to successfully fire at distances above 40-50 miles. So to see an F-14 from 75 miles away is to calmly work out an attack position, launch the AMRAAM, and get away from the Phoenix without any sudden maneuvers. 

• 1 month later...

What about wings sometimes breaking off even at 9Gs when the jet is capable of enduring over 12?.. Even when no having bags under the wings.. and specially at high speeds.. i have dived to the ground many times to defend an incoming fox3 and when leveling on the ground the wings just snap off with not that big of a pull

13 minutes ago, SparrowLT said:

wings just snap off with not that big of a pull

Track or it didn't happen. You may feel nothing on your desktop stick but you're commanding lots of Gs on the simulated aircraft. If it was high speed, quick pull and asymmetrical at that you're in for troubles.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Cunning_Raven said:

Was the nws steering problem already reported? When taking off and disabling the nws, like you would, it goes wild and pops the front wheel

One does not disable NWS during Eagle take off. It's pilot error.