Free Carriers (Forrestall and Stennis) MULTIPLAYER spawn points.

Baco

I would like to know if there is a maximum number fo planes on deck or how does the Spawn logic work on this carriers.

In theory I should be able to place 4 planes on catapult and 8 more on ramp.

I am trying to get 12 clients to spawn on the Forrestal or Stensis. 

So far We have been unable to do so.

After some test we cant make that happen. once a few planes are spawned in, others spawn on top of each other on catapults. or after 4 planes the next gets the "flight delayed" message.

so far I placed everyone on catapult so they can launch and free the spawn point,

Some times we even get a plane spawning on top of another on the catapults.

So we try not to occupy the slot until the catapults are clear,  but even after everybody is in flight we get the "Flight delayed" message.

We did tests with 4 planes on catapults and 8 on Ramp, but as soon as we had 4 or 5 planes on deck the "your flight has been delayed" message began to appear.

One way around the "Flight delayed" message is to disconnect from the server and reconnects, and then choose a slot and occupy.

This method works every time although its not ideal nor practical, and it screws statistics, Tacview recordings and generates all sort of troubles.

So what I am trying to find out is what is the "spawn logic" on free carriers, so I can work out a method of occupying slots and not have to be 30 minutes spawning, launching and forming up.

Is there a way to place 12 humans on board a free carrier? or is 4 the maximum so far? and if so, what is the logic to allow the next 4, is it time, distance from the spawn point, just random? a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Baco
typos

12 minutes ago, Baco said:

In theory I should be able to place 4 planes on catapult and 8 more on ramp.

Where did you find that theory? The Stennis has never been able to have more than 4 clients at a time, however you can add AI aircrafts to complete up to 12 aircraft in total. If you need more clients, then use a Supercarrier. 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Baco said:

But then again if you have multiple slots on the four catapults, more people can spawn in, but I don´t know if its a matter of time since last spawn, or distance or what...

I dont know either, as I dont edit MP missions, but on SP I have no trouble adding AI aircrafts up to 12, for example on this A-4 mission I add 11 AI aircrafts to have a busy deck on the Forrestal, while I explain things to the pilot:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• Baco changed the title to Free Carriers (Forrestall and Stennis) MULTIPLAYER spawn points.
5 minutes ago, Baco said:

AH, I changed the title to be more precise...

👍 ok, but in my opinion this is more of a feature limitation than a bug. If I were to edit an MP mission, I would simply add two or more carriers to my fleet to cater for more players.

I did some digging. Apparently the lua files indicate more than 6 "spawns" but there was no solid info on whether they were actual spawns or just parking spots for AI after they land, or how they all interact with the code under the hood.

We should be able to spawn up to 5 clients, with the 6th getting "delayed to start" until someone taxis out, according to other threads. This is unfortunately one of the only two reasons I have not been using the Forrestal as much as I would like to. 

This page should have the relevant information to answer your questions. https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_editor_carrier_spawns

Spawn rules should be the same for the AI as it is for players. Things might be a tad different in MP as I think there is a little extra buffer applied which might result in the first F-14 spawning on elevator 2 and the 2nd F-14 spawning on elevator 3 instead of next to the first aircraft. 

Stennis was updated to the correct size and that also changed its parking behavior to match that of the SuperCarrier ships. The technical ramp limit should be 12 for Nimitz class, old Stennis was 6, and 8 for Forrestal. You can add 4 to both those values if you keep the mission paused at mission start and allow 4 players to spawn. This should place them in the six pack. And I suppose add 4 more if you want to do catapult spawns. 

On the SC I've certainly had 10+ aircraft spawn on the deck at the start, which now that the Stennis is corrected should apply to that ship as well. Our method usually required the F-14 players spawning first, get their RIOs in, and get the aircraft started enough that they had control to oversweep the wings. After that allow F-18s to spawn in. 

• Like 2

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum