Anyone know how to place the Stennis/Supercarrier in any of the lakes?

I’m just doing a bit of VR testing and I tried to place the Supercarrier in one of the lakes in NTTR but I wasn’t able to find it in the list of available ships in the drop down menu in the mission editor; all I was able to place on the map was a tug of some kind as a small patrol boat.

Anyone know any to place a carrier (or any other ship for that matter), in the NTTR map? Note, I know you can place the SC as a static object but I’d like to be able to trap etc on the deck

Thanks 

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

On 9/9/2022 at 5:12 PM, razo+r said:

Select USA, Turn off the historical filter or set a date when the carriers operated.

I'm not sure when you tried this but I'm 99% sure it doesn't work as you described. OP was requesting a NON static object - and carriers are not available for USA on the NTTR map, even without historic filter.

Honestly I consider this at least it's a lacking feature if not a bug. Yes, it may not be realistic but I'd appreciate the creative freedom for mission makers to have all ships available, even on the NTTR map.
On top the UK for example has a Boat Schnellboot type S310 available - which is a German vessel (WW2 mind you). So even the current configuration is not realistic at all.

For the USA there's only 2 two ships available:
1. Boat Armed Hi-Speed 
2. Harbor Tug

• Like 2

Best regards

15 hours ago, Madfish said:

Honestly I consider this at least it's a lacking feature if not a bug. Yes, it may not be realistic but I'd appreciate the creative freedom for mission makers to have all ships available, even on the NTTR map.

What you look for (placing aircraft carriers in the middle of a lake) is not a game feature, it is called an exploit. You won't get that from ED. Try the Modding section instead.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

You can place a speedboat, open the .miz file, find the "mission" file inside, look for the "speedboat" unit inside that file, and change its type to "CVN_75" or whatever.

Selecting it in the Mission Editor will revert it back to a speedboat, so you'll have to set up its TACAN, ILS and whatnot manually.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

On 9/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, Flappie said:

What you look for (placing aircraft carriers in the middle of a lake) is not a game feature, it is called an exploit. You won't get that from ED. Try the Modding section instead.

An exploit like an aircraft carrier on the Georgia map?  Ok, at least with Georgia it's realistic; not sure how we're going to portage a CV into a puddle.

The Montreux Convention makes a carrier in the black sea highly unlikely.  Geography makes it even less likely. 

The Kuz is an 'Aviation Cruiser' for a reason.

• Like 1