IDF Mods Project | F-16D/I Mod V3.9 - Official Thread

"No more generic SU-25 sound! The new update will make the F-16C stay the "main" version on mission, servers, loadouts, controls... while having the F-16 sound on all F-16 version!"

That's really cool.  Having the generic sounds is something that's been an issue with 3rd party mods for a long time.  I'd be really interested to learn how that was overcome.  It would certainly be a benefit to the entire community!

• Like 3

On 11/10/2022 at 7:56 PM, Nightstorm said:

"No more generic SU-25 sound! The new update will make the F-16C stay the "main" version on mission, servers, loadouts, controls... while having the F-16 sound on all F-16 version!"

That's really cool.  Having the generic sounds is something that's been an issue with 3rd party mods for a long time.  I'd be really interested to learn how that was overcome.  It would certainly be a benefit to the entire community!

the main problem with MOD that they are using FC3 and that kill any custom implementation, you need to be in EFM level to have that else you need to overload Su25T/33/F15 sounds and it's tricky to find the exact names since they are encrypted (also may change even the used Module sound's too).

• Like 2

MOD Logo - 100.png

For those not following the discord or checking userfiles every day, here are some liveries I made for the Non Sufa variants of the mod
I am taking commissions with proceeds going to further developement of the mod

link to all of my skins (aprx 10 for the viper)

[edit]  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-vined0g/apply/  

...more to come

310th.png

ed.png

AGGRESSOR_REFUEL (1).png

chile4.png

ROCAF_6818_FLIGHT.png

ROCAF_6822_SPINE_T-O.png

Edited by Vine_dog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice, i hope someone will make this Livery for the F-16D 😁 Yes i know, its very similar to the Isreali Livery with American insignia but it would be nice to have because the movie was cool 😁

50069327983_041aed5464_b.jpg

Edited by de_Lutz
  • Like 2

Waiting for a Su-17/22, Su-34, F/A-18 Super Hornet and F-4F Phantom II

2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

F-16I Sufa V3.0

Added:
-All F-16 versions now have F-16 sounds!
( until now added F-16 version had SU-25 generic sounds, that means that we don't "sacrifice" anything when adding new F-16 versions anymore! )
-New and improved Cockpit textures
-Added Cockpit 3D Detail ( pipes , vents etc ... )
-New backseat HUD 3D model
-New ACES II 3D model
-Option to remove the backseat pilot 3D model via livery args
-Option to display the left TGP video on backseat HUD
-F-16I Sufa Terma RWR avionics 
-F-16I Sufa Airborne Self-Protection by Elbit Systems - Improved Radar Warning sensors 
-Air Show Smoke pods
-GBU-39 SDB
-Added 1\2 ECM Tails option for F-16D bl50\52 NS via livery args
-Pilot Dash helmet visor reflections 
-F-16D bl50\52 NS tail shark antenna
-Backseat HUD OFF\NIGHT\DAY\TEST switch is now functional
-Backseat HUD OVRD\NORM switch is now functional ( Norm - TGP video is not displayed on HUD.  OVRD - TGP video is displayed on HUD )
-Backseat POWER DSPL OPR\OFF is now functional ( OPR - MFDs power is on.   OFF - MFDs power is off )
-Backseat CONSENT Indication light is now functional and will turn on when master arm is armed. 
-Backseat A-A, NAV, A-G Indication light is now clickable to get in each mode for easier use.
-Two high quality liveries for F-16D bl50\52 by Roughmaster
-F-16I Sufa 253 Sqn Syrian Nuclear Reactor Attack Livery 

Changes:
-F-16I Sufa V3.0 total size is 5.13 GB Extracted compered to 20.7 GB in V2.2
-V3.0 Download Size is 4.88 GB compered to 8.7 GB in V2.2
-The main F-16 version is now the F-16C instead of the Sufa ( missions, liveries, loadouts, servers etc.. )
-Internal ECM does not require to delete the ECM Pods 3D models anymore
-Internal ECM option removed for F-16D bl50\52 NS
-Multicrew Request Control keybind changed to "R"

Fixes:
-F-16D bl52 NS Cockpit views
-Cockpit 3D model positioned too high
-370Gal Fuel tank position
-600Gal Fuel tank position
-Wing flex animation
-HUD data is angled 
-F2 External view far from the F-16, cant get close as the F-16C
-Backseat DED is angled 
-Cockpit canopy reflection shows big white circle reflection
-Cockpit gauges glass reflection white when pointed to the sun
-F-16D bl.52\NS pylon textures doesn't change with livery
-F-16D bl.50,52\NS left wing textures doesn't change with livery
-F-16D bl.50,52 NS space between the tail to tail holder
-F-16D\I backseat pilot HGU-55 oxygen mask missing
-SRS not working on F-16D bl50,52 NS
-Gun is not positioned currectly on F-16D bl52, NS
-Intake antenna position
-Sufa Undercarriage texture doesn't change with livery
-Clock is not working ( Front and back seat )
-OXYGEN PSI not working
-HGU-55 3D Model can be seen inside the cockpit
-F-16I Sufa 201 Livery art fixes
-F-16I Sufa 119 Livery color fixes
-F-16I Sufa 107 Livery art fixes

Download Discord Youtube

V3.0-3.png

Edited by Omer.d
  • Like 3

Owner and lead developer of IDF Mods Project
Windows 11 ,Intel I9-12900KS 5.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4-4400 Gskill, GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24G ,1200W PSU

• Omer.d changed the title to IDF Mods Project | F-16D/I Mod V3.0 - Official Thread
16 minutes ago, dleffler said:

I'm confused, and haven't seen any details here...how is the CFT mod related to the SUFA mod? Are they both trying to achieve the same goal? What are the differences?

there is nothing related. i don't know the state of the CFT mod. but our goal ( IDF Mods Project ) is to have the most accurate F-16D\I simulation in DCS.

Edited by Omer.d

Windows 11 ,Intel I9-12900KS 5.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4-4400 Gskill, GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24G ,1200W PSU

This mod is awesome, especially since v3.00, but I have a (maybe stupid) question. How can I switch to the rear cockpit? I searched the Discord channel of the IDF project and of course this forum for information about it, but I couldn't find anything (or missed it). Also in the control settings in DCS I could not find a keybind to enter the rear cockpit. 

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, Ithronwise said:

This mod is awesome, especially since v3.00, but I have a (maybe stupid) question. How can I switch to the rear cockpit? I searched the Discord channel of the IDF project and of course this forum for information about it, but I couldn't find anything (or missed it). Also in the control settings in DCS I could not find a keybind to enter the rear cockpit. 

In cockpit view, use 9 for first seat and 0 for rear seat. That's all. 😛

1 hour ago, Valium said:

In cockpit view, use 9 for first seat and 0 for rear seat. That's all. 😛

Thank you very much.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

9 hours ago, ruxtmp said:

Is there a way to get this mod to be AI only and not replace the existing F-16 and weapons?

It doesn't replace the ED F-16C. Since version 3.00 even the F-16C slot is not used anymore (in the earlier versions the F-16C was moved to another slot and the original F-16C slot was occupied by the F-16I SUFA). So now you can fly F-16C and F-16I/D side by side without changing the original F-16C. And the weapon replacement is optional. You don't need to use it.

• Like 1

I don't own the F-16 module, but do like having the F-16C AI and the F-16i as AI for the Syria map. Not sure why it's not working then for me. All F-16CM bl.50 units don't have a model after installing the F-16I V3.1 mod. The F-16C bl.50 and F-16 bl.52d do have models but I cannot seem to get any of the liveries for the F-16C to work with them.

5 hours ago, ruxtmp said:

I don't own the F-16 module, but do like having the F-16C AI and the F-16i as AI for the Syria map. Not sure why it's not working then for me. All F-16CM bl.50 units don't have a model after installing the F-16I V3.1 mod. The F-16C bl.50 and F-16 bl.52d do have models but I cannot seem to get any of the liveries for the F-16C to work with them.

You need the official F-16C module by ED for using the F-16I SUFA mod. The mod doesn't replace the F-16C module but uses a lot of its systems (flight model, avionics, weapon systems ...). With the AI F-16C only the mod will not work, even if you just want to use it as AI.

That's what happens

If you don't want that don't install it

Here's a sample breakdown

GBU-39(Early Stages) replaces Single AGM 154A

Iris T, Python 5 replaces AIM-9X

Spice 2000 replaces GBU-31/V3 or GBU-31/V4 and BRU-57 with 2AGM-154C

Hope it helps

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

V3.1 is already available to download. you should have liveries for the F-16D bl50\52 NS 

1 hour ago, DmanGIV said:

Yea.. I know there is 3.1 , but I’m on the road till Sunday so I’ll update when I get home. Is the livery folder included inside the MOD folder. I don’t remember seeing it when I installed 3.0

the liveries that included with the mod are located here: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\F-16C\Liveries