F-15E vs. F-18C

Beirut

On 1/12/2023 at 9:51 PM, Iron Sights said:

For me, I’ll be flying them both, since I will own both. Since the Strike will a new module, so I’m hoping the graphics will be better and systems are heavily modeled. That’s the fun part to me, just getting into the systems and learning to use everything.

I see a pretty solid leaning curve with the F-15E but a lot of satisfaction too. Looking forward to dropping big bombs and watching the fun on those glorious MFDs.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Definitely looking forward to this.  Plus it looks like we're getting a kickass manual with it too.  Something to start me off until "Chuck" saves the day.

F-18 seems to have the easiest to run Mavericks of all the planes.  Don't know if the Strike Eagle routinely carried them.

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

15 minutes ago, Zad Fnark said:

Definitely looking forward to this.  Plus it looks like we're getting a kickass manual with it too.  Something to start me off until "Chuck" saves the day.

F-18 seems to have the easiest to run Mavericks of all the planes.  Don't know if the Strike Eagle routinely carried them.

oPv4EEt.jpeg

It's just that AGM-65s fell out of the armament standard for the F-15E even before 2009 - confirmed by the F-15E pilot that since 2009, when he flew the F-15E, they had not been used for "a few nice" years. The question is in what years did RAZBAM place its module?

Edited by Nahen
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nahen said:

The question is in what years did RAZBAM place its module?

They don't, It isn't based on a specific aircraft at a specific time. Its based on the whole life of the Strike Eagle up until relatively recently. Eventually we will get all 3 TGPs it used, LANTIRN, LITENING and SNIPER. We will get the original UFC and the Upgraded LCD one. JHMCS as well. You will be able to "date" the aircraft base on what equipment the mission maker allows to be used.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I think the big reason to fly the F-15E over the F/A-18, which no one seems to have stated, is simply that the Hornet looks like crap and the Eagle is classic ass kicking sexiness. Arguments about arsenals are pointless in this fact, hence why I fly the Tomcat currently over the Bug in our Naval squadron.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Father Cool said:

I think the big reason to fly the F-15E over the F/A-18, which no one seems to have stated, is simply that the Hornet looks like crap and the Eagle is classic ass kicking sexiness. Arguments about arsenals are pointless in this fact, hence why I fly the Tomcat currently over the Bug in our Naval squadron. emoji1787.png

Can't argue with that logic! 🤣

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

On 1/16/2023 at 5:56 PM, Father Cool said:

I think the big reason to fly the F-15E over the F/A-18, which no one seems to have stated, is simply that the Hornet looks like crap and the Eagle is classic ass kicking sexiness. Arguments about arsenals are pointless in this fact, hence why I fly the Tomcat currently over the Bug in our Naval squadron. emoji1787.png

Aw, poor Hornet. You're gonna make it sad if you keep talking like that. :sad:

You have to show it a bit of love. A little lipstick, some lingerie, it's got some game.

e669cafd7b19ba8e529e8ef0fd193346.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Aw, poor Hornet. You're gonna make it sad if you keep talking like that. :sad:

You have to show it a bit of love. A little lipstick, some lingerie, it's got some game.

e669cafd7b19ba8e529e8ef0fd193346.jpg

🤢 Haha. Nice livery though. I just think that it looks ugly regardless of colour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Father Cool said:

🤢 Haha. Nice livery though. I just think that it looks ugly regardless of colour.

You people are so harsh. :disgust:

Granted, it doesn't have the blistering sexiness of an F-111, but neither does it look like it was built out of broken Meccano pieces like the Mig-27.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beirut said:

You people are so harsh. :disgust:

Granted, it doesn't have the blistering sexiness of an F-111, but neither does it look like it was built out of broken Meccano pieces like the Mig-27.

True but I am all about this so hey. I also hate the look of all the new 5th gen stuff as well so there is that.

Screen_221018_212329.png

Well the Hornet as currently modeled is a buggy mess, with AG and AA radar does not function properly, missing HOTAS functions, and MSI integrations that are not modeled, ATFLIR offset cues that don't work according to spec, LAR's that don't work, IAMs that are incompletely modeled, and if you don't have access to GPS the rudimentary INS ED put in the thing will have your CCIP pipper near parallel to the ground in level flight due to some unknown cross-wind it thinks it has. Most of these bugs are 2+ years old. The aircraft is out of early access and these issues persist. It took ED 9 years to put INS drift into the black shark and it still doesn't work right.

So, I don't know in the real world what out-techs what, but I can tell you based on ED's recent track record and RAZBAM's, more of what the F-15E is supposed to have is likely to work properly than the Hornet. If I had to pick one or the other, I have more faith the F-15E will be a more usable aircraft.

Edited by LastRifleRound
  • Like 3

On 1/20/2023 at 4:00 AM, LastRifleRound said:

Well the Hornet as currently modeled is a buggy mess, with AG and AA radar does not function properly, missing HOTAS functions, and MSI integrations that are not modeled, ATFLIR offset cues that don't work according to spec, LAR's that don't work, IAMs that are incompletely modeled, and if you don't have access to GPS the rudimentary INS ED put in the thing will have your CCIP pipper near parallel to the ground in level flight due to some unknown cross-wind it thinks it has. Most of these bugs are 2+ years old. The aircraft is out of early access and these issues persist. It took ED 9 years to put INS drift into the black shark and it still doesn't work right.

So, I don't know in the real world what out-techs what, but I can tell you based on ED's recent track record and RAZBAM's, more of what the F-15E is supposed to have is likely to work properly than the Hornet. If I had to pick one or the other, I have more faith the F-15E will be a more usable aircraft.

Smacks of the pulpit..  ED should listen to you.. 

• Like 1

Hey, they at least acknowledged some of those issues. MSI is supposedly in the works, as is a radar rework and IAM modeling. The Hornet is not out of EA yet.

I do hope RAZBAM had learned from the Harrier debacle and will get things right the first time. Because based on their track record, the Eaglejet could turn out to have even bigger problems. So far, it does look like they're committed to getting this right, but we'll see once it comes out.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Hey, they at least acknowledged some of those issues. MSI is supposedly in the works, as is a radar rework and IAM modeling. The Hornet is not out of EA yet.

I do hope RAZBAM had learned from the Harrier debacle and will get things right the first time. Because based on their track record, the Eaglejet could turn out to have even bigger problems. So far, it does look like they're committed to getting this right, but we'll see once it comes out.

Is Harrier somewhat fixed?  I was thinking about starting training on it 

The Chuck’s guide is correct I think? 

Proud owner of: