Question F14 checklist system

Eagleflieger

Hi, 

I would like to know how the checklist system for Interior Inspektion, prestart, engine start and poststart checklist is working in the F14 I am using now the checklist which are coming together with the Zone5 Campaign and I find they are very long and not easy to read for example the Poststart Checklist has 61 Points. A prestart Checklist for example in the A320 or MD80 is much easier so how could a F14 pilot work with Checklist like the poststart checklist or did the Pilot cordinate this IRL with the RIO together and the rio called the checklist item and the pilot did just reply to it or are this checklist not realistic ? 

Best reguards

Do it every day and you get good at it. And Flow. Your hands can do more before your eyes can read. Flow, then check it against the checklist. 

Airbus and MD-80 have short LINE startup checklists. Their cold and dark checklists are longer and much more similar to the NATOPS Tomcat checklist. 

For startup the RIO is busy with their own giant checklist for their seat. 

RIO calls Before takeoff, fence in and out, and before landing. 

haven’t seen the Zone5 checklists, but I made my own out of the NATOPS and printed them out. Also have a printed and reproduced actual NATOPS checklist book, but there are a lot of “not modeled in DCS” lines it’s just not worth using for standard operations.

• Like 1

You can also ask Jester for assisted startup and see how it goes live with visual hints.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

In Civil Aviation I think these are called in a more correct way compared to the NATOPS.
The Amplified procedures you actually DO are called "Procedures" and after they have been done, pilots read the "Checklists" to confirm that only the most important (safety related) items have been done correctly.
On civil aircrafts the procedures are long too, but the checklists covers, as said before, just few items.
So, consider the 61 points you are referring to as a PROCEDURE to perform by heart followed by the checklists that should be read aloud by the RIO and answered by the pilot.

Edited by NightFlier

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro