VR - Landing Page

TOW69
Go to solution Solved by TOW69,

I've been on DCS for years and loved it!!

Lately when I launch DCS with VR I can get to the hanger, however the DCS launch page never comes up.

I just installed 2.8 today, issue was already a problem

Just updated Steam VR

Just installed the latest Nvidia Drivers dated 10/25/2022

I update the 3D shader within Nvidia to 10GB as the support page recommends

Any Help would be greatly appreciated 

Updated with dcs log

Update 2 I used the  --force_disable_VR to force into windows mode and all I get is a black screen

dcs.JPG

dcs.log

Edited by TOW69

You might need to load up DCS in 2D mode first and set a key for "recenter VR Headset"

I think the problem you have is that the menu screen floats in a fixed position, and from your screenshot I think it's behind you.

You could always try just looking behind you and all around to see if you can see the menu screen.

52 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

You might need to load up DCS in 2D mode first and set a key for "recenter VR Headset"

I think the problem you have is that the menu screen floats in a fixed position, and from your screenshot I think it's behind you.

You could always try just looking behind you and all around to see if you can see the menu screen.

I look 360 around and it is not anywhere, Also 2-D I can not get it to launch into 2-D either

21 minutes ago, Robi Hobby said:

No longer playable in VR because I can no longer adjust the Seat position with Num Pad F5. I was now sitting at an angle in the Seat and no longer in the middle. 

I thought it was F12 that re-centered the seat position

In VR I have to turn my Head slightly to the right or left so that I'm sitting straight in the Sim Rig. Then you have to press Num Pad 5 to Save the Position. I have to readjust in the Cockpit, it only goes left, right, up, down, back and forth. with the number pad.

In the Stable Version everything works fine.

13 minutes ago, Robi Hobby said:

In VR I have to turn my Head slightly to the right or left so that I'm sitting straight in the Sim Rig. Then you have to press Num Pad 5 to Save the Position. I have to readjust in the Cockpit, it only goes left, right, up, down, back and forth. with the number pad.

In the Stable Version everything works fine.

I just seen that num 5 centering feature while in the hanger, I even rolled back my video drivers have to 15.69 still no luck

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

tried a repair and changing key binds, the game recognize the key i'm pressing but it does nothing, i hope bug will be fixed in the next hotfixe because right now it's impossible

Same problem here. I`ll wait for a fix....

• Thanks 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

• Solution

Got it fixed, I found this and tried it everything seems ok except for a VR headset lockup

Try the following:

rename (using windows file manager) the folder C:/Users/yourname/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/ 

to DCS.openbeta.bak

Start dcs, it will create a default folder

C:/Users/yourname/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/ 

it will probably ask for your dcs user credentials. 

Exit DCS, then copy the folder

C:/Users/yourname/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta.bak/Config/ 

to

to restore your configuration and control bindings

Does it work now?

18 minutes ago, TOW69 said:

Got it fixed, I found this and tried it everything seems ok except for a VR headset lockup

Try the following:

rename (using windows file manager) the folder C:/Users/yourname/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/ 

to DCS.openbeta.bak

to

Does it work now?

bindings works but liveries and mission, i have to move everything to the other folder?

22 minutes ago, TOW69 said:

Try the following:

to DCS.openbeta.bak

to

Does it work now?

okey i've got a better one, do what you said then take the confing folder from the new open beta and recopy that on the config in the old open beta

23 minutes ago, Hawkmoon said:

okey i've got a better one, do what you said then take the confing folder from the new open beta and recopy that on the config in the old open beta

if you do that you will loose all your keybinds, do it the way TOW69

said and then copy your liveries and missions etc from the old dir to the new one, one at a time

Edited by Auntystatic

1 hour ago, Auntystatic said:

said and then copy your liveries and missions etc from the old dir to the new one, one at a time

well.. i didn't

that's because i did exactly as TOW so when i put them in the old config i had the keybinds with them 

Just gave it a go, works fine right here on 2.8, just as it did in 2.7.x
Didn't need to change anything, all bindings from 2.7.x where still there.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 10/28/2022 at 4:11 PM, Auntystatic said:

Yes I was just coming to check on the bindings thanks for the info

On 10/28/2022 at 2:20 PM, TOW69 said:

I've been on DCS for years and loved it!!

Lately when I launch DCS with VR I can get to the hanger, however the DCS launch page never comes up.

I just installed 2.8 today, issue was already a problem

Just updated Steam VR

Just installed the latest Nvidia Drivers dated 10/25/2022

I update the 3D shader within Nvidia to 10GB as the support page recommends

Any Help would be greatly appreciated 

Updated with dcs log

Update 2 I used the  --force_disable_VR to force into windows mode and all I get is a black screen

dcs.JPG

dcs.log 34.89 kB · 1 download

Something similar was happening to me.  I had a program files MOD that was breaking DCS.

Remove any mods you may have and try again.