Kneeboard maps not displaying correctly

FroznAK

I updated to 2.8 and now all my kneeboard maps are messed up.  The maps are replaced with this weird image, which I have no idea what it's from.  You can see the mission track lines, waypoints, and position markers on top of the image.  All the other kneeboard images like checklists, mission details, ect. work fine.  It's only the maps that are affected.  Any idea where this image might be pulling in from?

image.png

Same here after 2.8

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

14 hours ago, Japo32 said:

fixed for me... it was vaicom. If you update to the new free vaicom compiled 2.8 version all will be fine. I think if not posted in vaicom area, you will find it soon.

I did the VAICOM 2.8 and my comms work again, but the kneeboard maps do not work in VR.  Even before the fix when I repaired the instal and eliminated VAICOM from the luas and uninstalled it it only fixed the comms, not the maps.  I believe its a separate VR issue.

18 hours ago, FroznAK said:

I don’t think I have a Viacom plug-in installed. I use Voice Attack through Steam.  Are those the same or 2 different things.  It’s been so long since I set it up.

Vaicom is an independently purchased plug in for Voice attack that specifically interfaces and controls radios and menus in DCS.  The maps not showing in VR seems to be a VR specific issue and not related to VA or VAICOM.  Although there was an issue with radio menus being completely broken with VAICOM that can be fixed with a community patch made after the creator went open source with its code. It could also be fixed with uninstall and modification of the LUAs.  However the VR kneeboard map issue appears to completely different and was unaffected by this.  The issue was acknowledged by BIGNEWY from what I heard.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...