Pagan Airstrip Grass Needs Mowing

VampireNZ

As per title - you can make out the airstrip while airborne, but on the ground you are ploughing through knee-length grass taking off/landing. Getting rid of the long grass on the airstrip area would be nice.

Nice little strip to operate my Yak (Nanchang!) out of 🙂

Yak.jpg

EDIT: and YES it is a real world airstrip.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Recoil16 said:

Check the A/FD, it's closed indefinitely.

Then why have it at all, particularly with labeled parking slots?

The tall grass is a wider-DCS issue. It's been requested that Channel and Normandy fields have their grass mown as well.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nealius said:

Then why have it at all, particularly with labeled parking slots?

Probably because people keep asking for it to be usable despite the fact that it is abandoned. I'm just answering the question as to why Pagan isn't mowed, which makes a lot of sense if you ask me. But I guess you don't actually want that.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

17 hours ago, Recoil16 said:

Probably because people keep asking for it to be usable despite the fact that it is abandoned. I'm just answering the question as to why Pagan isn't mowed, which makes a lot of sense if you ask me. But I guess you don't actually want that.

Save the attitude, it would just be nice if grass airstrips in the game were mown and more useable, to make a nice change from tarmac. It is also the only strip up north there to fly a small a/c like the Yak to enjoy the northern islands for a change. There is no need for sarcasm - I made a polite request to get it mown, not asking why it wasn't. If it can't be done then fine.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, VampireNZ said:

I made a polite request to get it mown, not asking why it wasn't.

You're making a bug report, in the "Bugs and Problems" subforum, which implies you think this is wrong. I don't know about you, but to me, an abandoned airfield not having its grass mowed regularly seems realistic and correct.

• Like 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Join the TTI Discord

"But while Pagan is not abandoned, it certainly isn't in common use. The A/FD lists it as "closed indefinitely". Not that the state of the airfield makes any difference to where the trees are though."

So removing obstructions is okay because Pagan being closed doesn't matter, but reducing grass is not okay because Pagan being closed does matter? You also made a distinction between "abandoned" and "closed indefinitely" there, but in this discussion that differentiation is now gone?

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nealius said:

"But while Pagan is not abandoned, it certainly isn't in common use. The A/FD lists it as "closed indefinitely". Not that the state of the airfield makes any difference to where the trees are though."

But grass, oh no that completely depends on the state of the airfield, apparently.

If you think that trees and grass are the same thing, you are beyond help. Have a nice day.

Join the TTI Discord