1.1 Demo Bugs

Also,

I use an aspect ratio of 1.6 1280 x 800 ... and it keeps getting reset back to 1.33333 ... makes all the a/c have very long wing spans!!!

James

I do too, it reset when you change something (anything) in the options. Same as 1.02, just have to live with it.

Chizh, since we can't record tracks with the demo, is there some other way we could document the stuck view key bug to you?

I also have the bug that has been reported - it looks like after a short time the game starts to respond very slowly to inputs - or, specifically, there is great lag between input and action. This applies to keyboard and stick, and it isn't really acceptable.

ED, have you guys encountered this before? Is there a fix? Is there anything we can do to help you debug it? It doesn't seem to be easily reproducible - it is consistently reproducible only on some machines, as youc an see.

Without right way or track for reproduction that issue, we can't fix it. If that depend of machines that may be a configuration problem with memory or not proper memory management or driver problems, anything...

I know Chizh...bit is there anything we could do to try and start to track it down maybe? Any advice? :)

I too believe it may have something to do with driver interaction, but I cannot be certain ... is there a debug mode we could use? Or if you like, if you guys could create a 'debug' binary of the demo I'm willing to run it and send you the logs.

Edit: UPDATE: HAven't had a problem since I set the FOrceFeedback variable to false in producer.cfg in the config folder. WIll advise if I encounter the problem again.

This problem still exists when paused however - but at least not while flying.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

x45 trim to rotory works for a10 does not work for su25. :( works when mapped to keyboard though bummer.

Hope this is fixed in 1.1.

Edit....

Out of curiosity i plugged in my ffb2 stick set pitch to throttle seems its not just an x45 bug but an axis bug alltogether. The su25 will not trim on any axis. A10 works fine though.

My big thought is how was this overlooked :?: Would have been the first thing I noticed in testing. Fix it plz dont want 1.1 if I have to use the keyboard on a hotas setup. :oops:

I just remembered that I had the bug without the joystick being mapped. I had no profile loaded, so I was flying with the basic stick and throttle and six buttons....

I got the bug also today, in a less evident way but still it's present. Zooming in/out seem to cause the commands to "hang". I manage to hit ESC a number of times so the game halts and then I restore it with no more problems.

Also the invisible cockpit bug, I never had in 1.1 demo, but I had it in the 1.0 demo. maybe it's located in some part of the code that's used for the demos.

I'm also having problems with the view keys sticking. Also related to this problem:

Unable to switch views while it's stuck.

When I get it unstuck and unpause the game, pressing shift/ctrl/alt causes a view key to stick (it was up and left last time). This happens while UNPAUSED and is corrected by pressing the direction that's stuck and then Keypad-5 to center the view again.

PS: I have no joystick (just keyboard/mouse)

no 800x600 resolution????? That sucks, now I can't run it!

Although my system has no probs I'm bumping this one for you Jetfire. Man that really sucks. Will 800x600 also be unavailable in the full 1.1 release?

Just when you thought it was safe to go back over the water...

Flight Lieutenant "Jaws"

169th Panthers

The 1.1 demo is fine, my only problem is atleast once evertime i fly, usually at random times (sometimes when i blow up something) the screen may 'wobble" in lines horizontally down the screen. I can look around and it fixes it, but 5 seconds later the game freezes with this "wobble" effect happening.

Another bug i found is the Engine Sound of the aircrafts. Sometimes when i switch through the outside views.

I hear in:

-F2+F3 only the engines from behind(normal flightspeed)

-F1 i hear the outside Sounds in the Cockpit

I hope ED will fix this.

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

Graphics engine is rendering effects you cannot see and it is killing framerates.

Flew the su-25 out over the ocean and flying straight and level obtained 32fps.

Dropped 6 flares and framerate dropped to 10fps.

Dropped 10 flares and framerate dropped to 2fps.

Lights are on 'none' and effects are on 'low'.

Tried the same with effects on none and no framerate drop.

Bad news ... the 'sticky controls' and 'sticky keys' bug seems to happen despite ForceFeedback being disabled - it just takes longer.

Me too .My joy is MS FFB2 and it is working very fine in lockon 1.02 for every plane.

In the demo 1.1 it is working very fine In A10 mission but in su25 mission it is the catastrophe :shock:

FSAA Bug

Hi there!

Up to the GUI as soon as I make my choice and hit the button, the game freezes up and it compells me to reboot. I discovered tha the issue depends on my FSAA 2x settings (ATI 9700Pro 128Mbytes Drvs CAT 4.7). As I turn them off I can have access to the training, mission and tracks session.

150GCT_Manta

http://www.150gct.it/

I uninstalled LOMAC a few weeks ago for a fresh install when 1.1 is released so the only ap I have installed is the demo and I don't seem to be having any of these issues.

Maybe GG is right about there being a possible conflict between the Demo and Lomac.

If I find anything, or if anything pops up, I'll post it here.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

No, he's right. Missile effectiveness seemed to have gone down.

In 1.02 I know the slammers fly a lead pursuit course their whole flight path until they get within their detonation range... BAD vs a beaming target. It's a known issue and I have seen discussion on it in various forums. The missile should be following a collision path when within at least a couple of miles.

I hope the demo didn't include a fix for this issue, and that a fix does exist in the addon.

In 1.02 I know the slammers fly a lead pursuit course their whole flight path until they get within their detonation range... BAD vs a beaming target. It's a known issue and I have seen discussion on it in various forums.

I have to say I watched this whole debate with some frustration. It's not bad against a beaming target, but rather against a maneuvering target. But that's the whole point - if the missile wasn't flying a lead pursuit, then the target wouldn't have to maneuver to defeat it. It was as if nobody read Robert Shaw's "Fighter Tactics and Maneuvering", where this optimal intercept trajectory is described quite well.

I can imagine a lot of improvements for the missile modelling, but this isn't one of them, and it quite surprised me that so many people could be agreeing to make the missile trajectories worse! (at least, according to Shaw..?)

-SK