Asus RTX 3080 TUF crashes

Aqua_HeaD
Go to solution Solved by Aqua_HeaD,

1 hour ago, Soulres said:

Noticed these, not sure if you saw them but you've done articles about this before.

2022-12-13 16:28:25.777 ERROR   DX11BACKEND (Main): DX device removed. Reason: 0x887A0006

Also saw these issues. Is that old DirectX issue making a return?

2022-12-13 15:59:51.910 ERROR   APP (Main): Error: Unit [S-3B Tanker]: Corrupt damage model.

2022-12-13 15:59:51.915 ERROR   APP (Main): Error: Unit [SH-60B]: Corrupt damage model.

2022-12-13 16:28:25.782 ERROR   DX11BACKEND (Main): Failed assert `0` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11StructuredBuffer.cpp:100

Is this relatable? Link to issue from 1 year ago

I think the only option is to run a repair (which I think you did) and do a complete,CLEAN, reinstall (Don't forget to save your Binds!) I'm finding errors reguarding 

Ground units and others.. Have you tried updating direct X and making sure all your C++ runtimes uptodate? Give this a try, see what happens.

Repair is already made a couple of times and I have also reinstalled the Directx12 driver as well as C++. I also tried to add both the values in regedit without any further help. It still crash. 😞

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

2 hours ago, Aqua_HeaD said:

Repair is already made a couple of times and I have also reinstalled the Directx12 driver as well as C++. I also tried to add both the values in regedit without any further help. It still crash. 😞

As much as it sucks, doing a clean install (removing all files, Restarting your pc, then installing) is all there really is,Its def not hardware as you pointed out.

• Solution
4 hours ago, Soulres said:

As much as it sucks, doing a clean install (removing all files, Restarting your pc, then installing) is all there really is,Its def not hardware as you pointed out.

I have given it up. The GPU is now sold and I really hope that buyer will enjoy it better than me and that it’s not any issues with the GPU itself. I will have to use my RTX 2080 Ti Strix again and my son will return to his GTX 1080 Strix a little bit longer. 😢

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

22 hours ago, Aqua_HeaD said:

I have given it up. The GPU is now sold and I really hope that buyer will enjoy it better than me and that it’s not any issues with the GPU itself. I will have to use my RTX 2080 Ti Strix again and my son will return to his GTX 1080 Strix a little bit longer. 😢

Wait so it works if you swap the GPU out?

5 hours ago, Soulres said:

Wait so it works if you swap the GPU out?

Yep. I have no problem with my RTX 2080 Ti. My son has some issues in MW2 with all three cards (1080, 2080Ti and 3080) but the RTX 3080 was the one that crashed most. I didn’t think it was the 3080 that was the problem since benchmark and stress tests went fine but I don’t really now. Arma 3 that I play most run without any issues with the 3080. As I wrote before this 3080 worked fine at DCS on my friends PC in VR.

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

12 hours ago, Aqua_HeaD said:

Yep. I have no problem with my RTX 2080 Ti. My son has some issues in MW2 with all three cards (1080, 2080Ti and 3080) but the RTX 3080 was the one that crashed most. I didn’t think it was the 3080 that was the problem since benchmark and stress tests went fine but I don’t really now. Arma 3 that I play most run without any issues with the 3080. As I wrote before this 3080 worked fine at DCS on my friends PC in VR.

Huh, that sounds alot like a Nvidia issue...as if you're not removing all of the data from the previous card causing issues, I know someone mentioned that your windows 11 was outofdate, is your Sons PC out of date aswell? Windows 11 is definitly something that NEEDS to be up-to-date as its full of bugs...

11 hours ago, Soulres said:

Huh, that sounds alot like a Nvidia issue...as if you're not removing all of the data from the previous card causing issues, I know someone mentioned that your windows 11 was outofdate, is your Sons PC out of date aswell? Windows 11 is definitly something that NEEDS to be up-to-date as its full of bugs...

I've updated every driver and BIOS to the latest and it still crashed. My son has an updated Win 10 and BIOS, My friend use Win 10. I have sent several log files to Nvidia as well but they cant help me. I have not heard anything from the guy that bought the GPU so I guess it works fine for him. 

161222: Flew the same case 1 landing  instant session  for maybe 1 1/2 hour with my 2080Ti right now without any issues. Driver 516.94 this time. I think we can give up this thread now. We will never know what caused all those crashes before with the 3080. Either it was some driver issues or some problem with the GPU itself. Thanks again all of you that have tried to help me. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you out here flying.

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

On 12/15/2022 at 10:24 PM, Aqua_HeaD said:

I've updated every driver and BIOS to the latest and it still crashed. My son has an updated Win 10 and BIOS, My friend use Win 10. I have sent several log files to Nvidia as well but they cant help me. I have not heard anything from the guy that bought the GPU so I guess it works fine for him. 

161222: Flew the same case 1 landing  instant session  for maybe 1 1/2 hour with my 2080Ti right now without any issues. Driver 516.94 this time. I think we can give up this thread now. We will never know what caused all those crashes before with the 3080. Either it was some driver issues or some problem with the GPU itself. Thanks again all of you that have tried to help me. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you out here flying.

No problem I am just curious as if you ever upgrade this issue will come again and if anyone else has this issue. However seeing as how you're the only one with windows 11, and an outdated version at that. I'm betting something broke with windows and or your copy of DCS. Since those were the 2 things that you never touched that is where my money is at. Windows 11 is notoriously buggy and problematic so thats where my money lies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Soulres said:

No problem I am just curious as if you ever upgrade this issue will come again and if anyone else has this issue. However seeing as how you're the only one with windows 11, and an outdated version at that. I'm betting something broke with windows and or your copy of DCS. Since those were the 2 things that you never touched that is where my money is at. Windows 11 is notoriously buggy and problematic so thats where my money lies.

I will just add one more thing. Today i had the opportunity to buy an Asus RTX 3090 TUF for a really great price from a reseller with full warranty and also the possibility to try the card and leave it back withing 90 days if I am not pleased with it. It will be interesting to see if I will get the same issues with that one.

Edited by Aqua_HeaD

@Aqua_HeaD forgive me if this has been suggested and tried. have you tried running debug mode on driver? TUF is a factory OC card. there have been folks having the issue before.

null

image.png

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 12/19/2022 at 5:17 PM, silverdevil said:

@Aqua_HeaD forgive me if this has been suggested and tried. have you tried running debug mode on driver? TUF is a factory OC card. there have been folks having the issue before.

null

image.png

Thanks but I have tried both to underclock and undervolt that card but I didn’t help. I will bring out a new RTX 3090 TUF today and test it the upcoming days to see if that one will work. If not I will reinstall my OS from Win 11 and revert it back to Win 10 and try it again.

Edited by Aqua_HeaD
  • Like 1

I have now tried the new RTX 3090 TUF with the same hardware as before and the 516.94 Nvidia Driver. No issues at all during the first whole hour that I flew. I also saw that there was an DCS update that downloaded when I started the game so I dont know if that one has something to do with it. Maybe it was the old GPU that was faulty anyway.