New Mavericks

Ghost79

has anyone had any joy with the new Mavericks? ive struggled to get locks on anything, though i did manage my first lock and hit on a building.

i guess the old locking system was a bit too good. i could lock a small tank in a dense forest 😄

• Like 1

Youtube channel @Flightenvy680

Banner 1.png

22 minutes ago, Ghost79 said:

has anyone had any joy with the new Mavericks? ive struggled to get locks on anything, though i did manage my first lock and hit on a building.

i guess the old locking system was a bit too good. i could lock a small tank in a dense forest 😄

The procedure should be the same as before, you may need to get closer in order to get a good lock on a vehicle. 

• Like 1

Maybe interesting to all Viggendrivers who think their Mavericks are not working: They need a warm-up time of (I think) 3 minutes before they can be used.
What I am asking myself is from power up (electrical system online), or wheels up after lift-off?

• Like 4

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Just now, TOViper said:

Maybe interesting to all Viggendrivers who think their Mavericks are not working: They need a warm-up time of (I think) 3 minutes before they can be used.
What I am asking myself is from power up (electrical system online), or wheels up after lift-off?

Yes this is correct, the mavericks will start spinning up and aligning their gyros once there is no weight on the nosewheel. There will be no video until the maverick is ready. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JNelson said:

Yes this is correct, the mavericks will start spinning up and aligning their gyros once there is no weight on the nosewheel. There will be no video until the maverick is ready. 

Hmm, I wonder if this is what was causing this...

I was on the Maverick training mission (because I couldn't get the video to show up in my previous tests, now I know why, I guess...) and after firing the first Maverick, I briefly got video on the second one, but it went away momentarily, and I couldn't get it back.

The mission has unlimited ammo, so what I'm thinking happened is that the Mavs were pre-aligned at first, then after shooting the first one and cycling the safety I got video from the second Mav, until the first Mav got replenished, but wasn't aligned?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, jubuttib said:

I was on the Maverick training mission (because I couldn't get the video to show up in my previous tests, now I know why, I guess...) and after firing the first Maverick, I briefly got video on the second one, but it went away momentarily, and I couldn't get it back.

The mission has unlimited ammo, so what I'm thinking happened is that the Mavs were pre-aligned at first, then after shooting the first one and cycling the safety I got video from the second Mav, until the first Mav got replenished, but wasn't aligned?

Ah yea that sounds like the issue. I'll note it on our bug tracker thanks.

• Like 2

Apart from the spin up time (how long is it? i feel like it varies a lot), another reason for not being able to lock on with the new Mavericks is that you now have to do the full radar stick trigger procedure and go through the T1 Fix stage, where previously you could go straight from T0 Fix to TV Fix - implicitly going through the T1 Fix, i guess - being an intentional or accidental feature, which now seems to be gone.

Although I can live with the current arrangement, I would like an option to bind TV Fix with implicit T1 Fix stage, so I don't have to waste a button.

Another lost "feature" might be that after firing a Maverick, the radar trigger does not automatically go back to T0/T1, where previously it would and next lock would be as easy as hitting TV Fix again, instead of now having to cycle through all the trigger stages again. (exact new behavior not confirmed yet...)

I would like to request binding for moving the trigger (from where ever it is) to any of the three stages, which automatically goes though TV1 if needed, as it would IRL. It would mimic reality better, where the action is easy and fast to do, but now made hard for us who don't have enough or appropriate buttons to bind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fqa said:

Apart from the spin up time (how long is it? i feel like it varies a lot), another reason for not being able to lock on with the new Mavericks is that you now have to do the full radar stick trigger procedure and go through the T1 Fix stage, where previously you could go straight from T0 Fix to TV Fix - implicitly going through the T1 Fix, i guess - being an intentional or accidental feature, which now seems to be gone.

Although I can live with the current arrangement, I would like an option to bind TV Fix with implicit T1 Fix stage, so I don't have to waste a button.

Another lost "feature" might be that after firing a Maverick, the radar trigger does not automatically go back to T0/T1, where previously it would and next lock would be as easy as hitting TV Fix again, instead of now having to cycle through all the trigger stages again. (exact new behavior not confirmed yet...)

I would like to request binding for moving the trigger (from where ever it is) to any of the three stages, which automatically goes though TV1 if needed, as it would IRL. It would mimic reality better, where the action is easy and fast to do, but now made hard for us who don't have enough or appropriate buttons to bind.

It should be a 3 minute spin up from liftoff. I haven't timed it carefully but I haven't noticed an obvious variation.  If you do find one please post a track and I'll submit a report. 

Between Maverick shots, I haven't found it necessary to reset to T0, only to cycle the safety, then do T1 and TV to lock.  Can you check this again? 

I agree with you on the "direct TV fix", and I plan to submit a request for that capability. I don't think it needs to be a special keybind, though.  We just need the Mav to assume an implicit T1 any time it goes from T0 to TV.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

12 hours ago, fqa said:

i think this was the problem for me, prior to the update i could lock targets without having to uncage the maverick. now i have to press T1. thought i was going mad.

• Like 1

Youtube channel @Flightenvy680

Banner 1.png

17 hours ago, fqa said:

While we're on the subject of this, I would also appreciate an implicit T0 if neither T1 or TV Fix is being pressed. I did "solve" it for my own use case by setting up Joystick Gremlin to press a virtual button when I let go of the trigger, but would be nice if it was supported straight up.

EDIT: Also fwiw, if we get the implicit T1 when TV fix is pressed, that'll save one button press for the Maverick, but you do kinda need the T1 binding when using the radar. So you might still want to bind it _somewhere_, even if it's not as accessible as TV Fix.

Edited by jubuttib

21 hours ago, Machalot said:

It should be a 3 minute spin up from liftoff. I haven't timed it carefully but I haven't noticed an obvious variation.  If you do find one please post a track and I'll submit a report. 

~3 minutes is about right - I wasn't mentally measuring from nosewheel up.

Between Maverick shots, I haven't found it necessary to reset to T0, only to cycle the safety, then do T1 and TV to lock.  Can you check this again? 

I phrased it poorly; "All the stages" is just my frustration, discovering all this while being shot at by Buks, leaking through, but the point was that not even T1 was previously needed. I do recall correctly, don't I?

I agree with you on the "direct TV fix", and I plan to submit a request for that capability. I don't think it needs to be a special keybind, though.  We just need the Mav to assume an implicit T1 any time it goes from T0 to TV.

And vice versa.

5 hours ago, jubuttib said:

EDIT: Also fwiw, if we get the implicit T1 when TV fix is pressed, that'll save one button press for the Maverick, but you do kinda need the T1 binding when using the radar. So you might still want to bind it _somewhere_, even if it's not as accessible as TV Fix.

True. I do have it bound and do use it, why I can live with current arrangement, but like the implicit T1 feature, being truer to real life.

Regarding Unlimited ammo for training. I got the feeling that I can fire the first one, then if I'm not quick enough, a new one spawns on the pylon, and that one get next(first again) in the line and another 3 minutes before it comes "online". But I need to check again, that was my conclusion yesterday. 🙂

On 12/20/2022 at 8:53 PM, Snuten said:

Regarding Unlimited ammo for training. I got the feeling that I can fire the first one, then if I'm not quick enough, a new one spawns on the pylon, and that one get next(first again) in the line and another 3 minutes before it comes "online". But I need to check again, that was my conclusion yesterday. 🙂

Does your EP13 shut down after first shot? Can you select next missile and see if EP13 lights up and you can shoot again? Or do you think all the missiles are winding up again?

If EP13 is lit, then do also try going through all the radar trigger stages (T0, T1, and TV).

13 hours ago, fqa said:

Does your EP13 shut down after first shot? Can you select next missile and see if EP13 lights up and you can shoot again? Or do you think all the missiles are winding up again?

If EP13 is lit, then do also try going through all the radar trigger stages (T0, T1, and TV).

I turned on Unlimited ammo on my mission again, loaded up with 4 Mavericks. After 3 mins I selected a target then locked. Fired. And then put back to safe, then unsafe and next missile was "online" and I could lock and fire that one as well. The third one I did not be able to fire since the first one was re-spawned and then the sight was "dark". Not sure about the radar though, I tried to switch it through the 3 states, but the radar is always dark when in Maverick mode for me. 🙂

42 minutes ago, Snuten said:

The third one I did not be able to fire since the first one was re-spawned and then the sight was "dark".

Sounds like the first missile needs to spin up again. If you wait 3 minutes does it work? 

I think we used to be able to switch missiles using IR-RB Framstegn, but that doesn't seem to be working now. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

6 hours ago, Snuten said:

Have not tried IR_RB Framstegning, forgot about that one 😄

We confirmed there's a new bug that doesn't let you cycle through the pylons. 

7 hours ago, fqa said:

Also, CK does not show which missiles have already been launched. TAKT always shows 1 on a maverick pylon.

Yes, already reported and tracked. Thanks. 

On 12/18/2022 at 12:04 AM, jubuttib said:

I had this issue as well. So could actually only shoot one during the training mission.

• 4 months later...

Hi all, could the maverick issue already been solved ? has this bug been eliminated in recent updates ? 

Im getting familiar with the Viggen , have done the Maverick / RB 65 training mission .. now I wanna employ the weapon in Multiplayer. 

I take off , wait for 3 minutes then the IR sight comes online , everything is fine on the first shot, but then the sight goes dark and I cant seem to get it online back again or to cycle to the next maverick ? is there a hotkey for cycling to next Mav ? Pls help me Thanks 

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

3 minutes ago, JABO2009 said:

Hi all, could the maverick issue already been solved ? has this bug been eliminated in recent updates ? 

Im getting familiar with the Viggen , have done the Maverick / RB 65 training mission .. now I wanna employ the weapon in Multiplayer. 

I take off , wait for 3 minutes then the IR sight comes online , everything is fine on the first shot, but then the sight goes dark and I cant seem to get it online back again or to cycle to the next maverick ? is there a hotkey for cycling to next Mav ? Pls help me Thanks 

You just have to cycle the master arm safety on your stick to bring the sight back up and running. 

• Like 1