Shkval flicker again

Ian Boys UK

• 2 months later...

Any fix incoming? It spoils the KA50 III for me.

• Like 1

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

• 4 months later...

I noticed two kinds of flickering: (VR)
The first is when the HMS is active. It seems like there are two rotating things (mirrors) on each side of the monitor which seem to interfere with the picture on the Shkval.
The second is during night time. There is a mission in the campaign (CP4.3) which is almost impossible to play because of this bug.

Kills the immersion for me.

12 hours ago, Michi.G85 said:

The first is when the HMS is active. It seems like there are two rotating things (mirrors) on each side of the monitor which seem to interfere with the picture on the Shkval.
The second is during night time. There is a mission in the campaign (CP4.3) which is almost impossible to play because of this bug.

I haven't noticed any influence from the HMS: the screen flicker even when the HMS is not in use.

I'm not sure what night issue you're talking about. If it is not about the flickering Shkval, please create a new thread and attach a short track.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

This looks awful indeed. Does it happen on any terrain? Do you mind sharing a short DCS track?

Hi Flappie, I decided to revisit the KA50 and played the Georgian oil war campaign and its pretty common since most of the missions are in cloudy low light conditions. If using BSIII, might need to download the ported BSII campaign here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3328052/

A DCS track would allow me to replicate the issue in 5 minutes, then I would report the issue to devs in about 5 more minutes. Starting a new campaign, looking for the right mission, waiting for the bug to happen would take me at least 30 minutes, that I don't have today because I'm leaving my house (and my PC) for 3 weeks.

If you want me to report the issue today,  please provide a short track. If you're not in a hurry, I'll do a track myself once I get back from vacation, in 3 weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

A DCS track would allow me to replicate the issue in 5 minutes, then I would report the issue to devs in about 5 more minutes. Starting a new campaign, looking for the right mission, waiting for the bug to happen would take me at least 30 minutes, that I don't have today because I'm leaving my house (and my PC) for 3 weeks.

If you want me to report the issue today,  please provide a short track. If you're not in a hurry, I'll do a track myself once I get back from vacation, in 3 weeks.

No worries, I did a quick mission recently. Attached trackfile. You'll notice the flicker a minute in after I turn on my shkval and also during the attack runs. Seems to happen in certain weather conditions (Cloudy less sunlight?) and my aircraft direction.

shkvalflicker.trk

Edited by CapnCoke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 7:28 AM, Flappie said:

Thank you. This daylight flicker is already reported. I was mentioning the nighttime flight video above.

I'm able to replicate what's happening  in @Michi.G85's video. I created a separate report.

night_flicker.trk 77.96 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, also noticed this. I believe it is happening under 2 conditions:

-Shkval contrast/brightness set up for night visibility

-Nearby ground lighting present (lamps, buildings, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 12:13 PM, Michi.G85 said:

Sadly it is still present at 2.9.

Hi, I believe the bug you filmed here is no longer part of DCS 2.9. Can you please confirm?

Unfortunately, the flicker seen in daylight and night time is still present.