What happened to VR Performance in the Persian Gulf?

dburne

Hey gang,

So I was out of the game for several weeks after undergoing spinal surgery. Been back now for bit. Anyway something I have been meaning to ask, what happened to VR performance in the Persian Gulf? Flying the Hornet off the Super Carrier. Used to be I had lower framerates when on the carrier going through startup, then after the launch and airborne fps would increase. That is no longer the case for me, my fps stays about the same both on the Supercarrier and airborne flying over nothing but water.

Now granted I am enjoying the more consistent framerates especially as they are still high enough to give me a decent experience , but just curious as to the why?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

4 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

the new new lighting at a guess

Ok thanks for the info.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2.8.1 happened with new lightening and dynamic weather........ CPU frametimes are up to 4 ms higher now, performance loss is noticeable even with top tier hardware.

The whole journey goes in the wrong direction! If this goes to stable branch, we (VR users) are sold.........

Read more here: 

Edited by Gripen 4-1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

Yeah I think it’s the new lighting and shadows are broken. I have disabled terrain shadows. It’s terrible over that palm island area. Kinda sad but it is what it is. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Ive noticed this as well. I assumed it was the lights but they aren't even visible in VR above 25 or 30k feet. They did all this work but there is no visible change in common scenarios due to draw distance just like before Its just a sea of blackness.  If they aren't being drawn why would they still be effecting performance? Is it doing all the calculations for it so that it can produce the effect but then doesn't bother to actually draw the image?

Take another little piece of my VR performance now, baby (whoa, break it)
Break another little bit of my VR performance, now darling, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah (whoa, have a)
Have another little piece of my VR performance now, baby, hey
You know you got it, ED, if it makes you feel good

Edited by freehand
  • Like 3

Well luckily at least on my end even though lower fps and higher frame-time performance is still acceptable for me.

• Like 1

Don B