Chuck's AH-64D Guide

Charly_Owl

16 minutes ago, Oshma said:

Excellent guide!

One small note that I noticed, you have the labels for Gas Generator and Power Turbine rotors switched.

A page number would be helpful. Are you talking about p 223?

Edited by Charly_Owl

• 2 weeks later...

Chuck...... man your visual communications skills are in the super-elite. Your guides are....... let's see..... what I've always said about Jennifer Lawrence will do......"no room for improvement".

I hope you'll get a "chuck"le out of this...... putting this with most tactful approach I can muster; I'm sure I'd read in something I'd stumbled upon at Reddit that you were involved in a mortal boating accident. I've actually grieved with curious frequency over that when visiting the Mudspike source of your superlative guides, and/or marveling at them 🙂 

You appear to be quite vital....... definitely among the animate, and vital to the betterment of many 🙂 Seriously, it's a good news experience on this end and I'm sure you're at least as happy to hear "he's ALIVE!!!!!!!".

Now for more profuse thanks and kudos......

Be well, best regards from Chesapeake Bay.

• Like 1

@Charly_Owl thank you for this fantastic AH64D guide!

Maybe for a future update i‘ll like to encourage including a George AI functions on page 761.

Since a few updates ago George AI as CPG/Gunner can select targets/ lase targets without a weapon controlled by himself. This allows Player as Pilot control and launch  Hellfire on his own very easy.

I use this option more and more often as LOAL HI engagements work better this way for me. Search and select targets works as default. But gives me more control on engagement as I shoot the missile by myself and order George to lase after missile launch when I want him to do. Sure, not the normal procedure, but I like the manual hellfire control. 

There‘s a small downside, as you get no TOF message, but doesn‘t matter much for myself.

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Fantastic as usual!

Thank you for your hard work.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 4 months later...

Well looks like I need to replace my X52 pro if I want to set up any programs. So far it's been a real challenge without being able to see anyone else's example. All the examples are other types of Hotas. 

Suggestions on which one to get within $500.00. I have rudder pedals so no need to replace those.

4 hours ago, marinesrule1980 said:

Well looks like I need to replace my X52 pro if I want to set up any programs. So far it's been a real challenge without being able to see anyone else's example. All the examples are other types of Hotas. 

Suggestions on which one to get within $500.00. I have rudder pedals so no need to replace those.

Virpil collective base + some grip. Apache one can come later. I have tm warthog hotas but now I would prefer Virpil base + extension + some stick. Expensive but heart breaking. 

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 3:27 PM, jpuk said:

Virpil collective base + some grip. Apache one can come later. I have tm warthog hotas but now I would prefer Virpil base + extension + some stick. Expensive but heart breaking. 

Yeap saw those and I'm saving, no need to waste money on anything else.

• Like 1