Simmod Seeks Texture Artist!

SuperKungFu

need.jpg

Simmod seeks texture artist to work on Nellis Project and future projects.

The Candidates must able to

- Use 3dsmax 7 or 8

- Able to Unwrap a model

- Must be frequently online

- Give work updates at least every 2 days

- Make a simple box looks like a building photograph!

- Understand Team work mechanics.

All Candidates must download the sample model here.

The sample model must be unwrapped and textured until January 26th at the latest.

Finished work must be compressed to rar or zip formats. File's name must be the candidates callsign and compressed file must contain, max file and texture.

All finished files can be uploaded to any online file hosting service. The download address can be posted at this post or can be PM'ed to "Yeniceri"

We are looking forward to work with you!

Good luck to all..

So why would you want to sign up? Because you will be part of a great experience and leave your mark in the gaming industry. You can look back and say "hey I did that" while everyone enjoys playing something YOU created. Plus (my favorite) you get to play with all the new stuff before it gets released ;). So if you have the skills and time, please sign up. We judge how well your work is and you might be part of a great team. Good hunting!

Edited by SuperKungFu
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

stupid question.. but it aint paid rite?

oh rite.. mod..

well.. i can do some good stuff with photoshop.. but i have 0 experience with models n stuff (other than google sketchup)

Then they probably won't be looking for you help ;)

Especially if you look for cash in a mod :megalol:

probably the hardest part of the job to do ..may I suggest you consider posting at the cgtalk forums ?

They may not be simming folk, but you will find a large community of 3ds (and maya and lightwave and modo and .....) modellers, texturers and animators.

Hopefully of that mob , there will be a subset that are intersted in working in very low polygon / low res for our benefit! ..

Certainly if they see some of your previous project results (the A10, your Airbase improvements..) , that should spark up some interest ? .. certainly someone keen to get into the gaming industry and with the skillset should jump at the opertunity to be onboard a great team like simmod

Well Kali There are several do to the size of Nellis and surrounding area the more help we have the more of a mod the public gets:music_whistling:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Does it have to be 3ds max and involve all this 3D stuff? If it's texture, then couldn't it just be some photoshop artists? Could you open it up to people who might have the talent to do good work but maybe not the cash to buy 3ds max?

Aero out

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Well Kali There are several do to the size of Nellis and surrounding area the more help we have the more of a mod the public gets:music_whistling:

If I had any skill I'd so be there...:music_whistling:

Does it have to be 3ds max and involve all this 3D stuff? If it's texture, then couldn't it just be some photoshop artists? Could you open it up to people who might have the talent to do good work but maybe not the cash to buy 3ds max?

Aero out

Unfortunately it would be ideal to have a person to have 3d max. I know that cuts down a lot of talented folks out there, but we need someone that could skillfully unwrap a model since that alone is an art form and be able to create a template from scratch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this back up but sim-mod needs a good texture artist. We understand the requirements are a bit high, especially unwraping a 3D model since you would need 3d max- which is a very expensive program. So I think it would be in our best interest to loosen the requirements, if you are a skilled texture artist, please send Yeniceri a PM. Plus, you get to play with the latest and cool stuff before anyone else and leave your mark on the gaming industry. Hopefully this encourages someone to step forth.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know a few years back (back when I was an animator) , there was a free version of 3dsmax called GMax ... I believe the only restriction on it was that you couldn't render without a watermark. However, does the Gmax toolset not allow for UV unwrapping 3ds files?

It was Free , and designed for people to use as a game / low poly modeller....

If it pans out that you can use GMax to unwrap, I strongly urge any talented photoshoper / texture artist to have a go at unwrapping some model's using gmax..there are TONS of tutorials out there with good workflows for doing it... it takes a bit of time, but is very necessary.

...and if it can add to the talent pool in simmod , then all good!

Interesting point.

I did some texture works with early versions of 3DS and some skinning for IL2 and I am still working in the graphics business (primarily with PS). So it surely sounds interesting.

So maybe you should restate the question and ask if anybody can make a skin for some model ( the KA50? ) and would like to test his skills with Simmod?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Id like to pose the question "Cant the modellor do the uv wrapping/unwrapping. " ?

EDIT: oops. didnt realise the requirements have been relaxed some what..... interesting..

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]