DCS CH47 Discussion thread

SilentGun

Ok pre ordered within 5 secs of video starting.   However guys.  YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO MY WIFE WHY IM NOW FLYING IN DCS ON THE DAY OF MY SILVER WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

of all the days to choose.

honestly cannot wait for this release.
Mess up the calender on her phone and other gadgets waaaay in advance.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

All I want to know is. When is it releasing, and what game loop will it have at launch that's better than the other helicopter or works better than the others.
Well, they have stated 26th of June right there in the text.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cowboy10uk said:

YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO MY WIFE WHY IM NOW FLYING IN DCS ON THE DAY OF MY SILVER WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

There are three crew seats. She can be a gunner! 

• Like 2

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

4 hours ago, Viper ZA said:

All I want to know is. When is it releasing, and what game loop will it have at launch that's better than the other helicopter or works better than the others.

It's coming June of 2024. It says it at the end of the video

@Brickle Hey man! I'm pretty sure you're the one with the 47 Driver YouTube channel, right? If so, is it possible you could make some videos reviewing what ED has given us in the CH-47F pre-order video, and their posts to Instagram? I feel like I saw some things missing. Thanks!

• Like 1

In the trailer the ch47f was only shown m60 door guns. Do chinooks not use m240's in the 21st century? 

• Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

2 minutes ago, Kev2go said:

In the trailer the ch47f was only shown m60 door guns. Do chinooks not use m240's in the 21st century? 

The British ones as late as 2007 used M60s or Miniguns. Which is odd as M60s were never a gun used by the British in an infantry capacity but the FN MAG was.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

1 hour ago, Vortexstate said:

It's coming June of 2024. It says it at the end of the video

@Brickle Hey man! I'm pretty sure you're the one with the 47 Driver YouTube channel, right? If so, is it possible you could make some videos reviewing what ED has given us in the CH-47F pre-order video, and their posts to Instagram? I feel like I saw some things missing. Thanks!

Indeed, that's me. Just getting off my feet with the channel, but I'll be hopefully doing some more stuff soon. I will take a look at what ED has put out and I can do a discussion based video about it for sure.

Thanks for the support!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Brickle said:

Indeed, that's me. Just getting off my feet with the channel, but I'll be hopefully doing some more stuff soon. I will take a look at what ED has put out and I can do a discussion based video about it for sure.

Thanks for the support!

No problem man 🙂 

I'd love to see some super in-depth stuff like Barandus does

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

The British ones as late as 2007 used M60s or Miniguns. Which is odd as M60s were never a gun used by the British in an infantry capacity but the FN MAG was.

i thought it was a US based Ch47F? i looked at the US army 2011 manual. It says either M60D or M240H machineguns can be used, so i do hope that just because ED said its a "2007" Ch47F does not mean its only limited to the M60 door guns. 

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Chinooks fly over my dwelling regular I hear then well before they arrive so must bag this module not far from me near "tony martins" house not the singer , one was hovering over a farm dropping something off not sure why or what but strangely strange but oddly true. Nice one ED.  

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

6 hours ago, freehand said:

Chinooks fly over my dwelling regular I hear then well before they arrive so must bag this module not far from me near "tony martins" house not the singer , one was hovering over a farm dropping something off not sure why or what but strangely strange but oddly true. Nice one ED.  

Army helicopters strangely do "farm" work, or general humanitarian work. I've seen Blackhawks guide animals to their gates, Chinooks drop hay bales, etc. I believe it's mainly NG doing that

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kev2go said:

i thought it was a US based Ch47F? i looked at the US army 2011 manual. It says either M60D or M240H machineguns can be used, so i do hope that just because ED said its a "2007" Ch47F does not mean its only limited to the M60 door guns. 

Yes, I'm saying if the brits used the M60 on their Hooks even through they normally don't even have that weapon in their inventory. Then there's probably a reason both the Americans and brits used them on the hooks so long. 

19 minutes ago, Vortexstate said:

Army helicopters strangely do "farm" work, or general humanitarian work. I've seen Blackhawks guide animals to their gates, Chinooks drop hay bales, etc. I believe it's mainly NG doing that

That's actually an excellent way to get flight time and hone skills. 

Instead of just burning taxpayer bought fuel to get flight hours. They help while getting training.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vortexstate said:

Well I learn something new every day so many great scenarios can be created with the chinook night missions e.t.c & in VR the pit will be huge like the m8 really looking forward to this.

19 minutes ago, Viper ZA said:

Do we know if the CH-47 will have ai controlled guns?

Given all other helicopters with gunners can(Huey, HIP, Hind) which are from ED i assume the Hook will have it too.

• Like 1

“With the capability to cover extensive distances swiftly, the CH-47F can be outfitted with extended range fuel tanks and is compatible with air-to-air refuelling, thus extending its operational range further than ever before. This capability underscores the aircraft's adaptability and endurance, making it a formidable asset in any fleet”

As far as i know only the MH-47 has the possibility of aerial refueling. We getting an us army ch-47. Will it have air refueling?  

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, slowmover said:

“With the capability to cover extensive distances swiftly, the CH-47F can be outfitted with extended range fuel tanks and is compatible with air-to-air refuelling, thus extending its operational range further than ever before. This capability underscores the aircraft's adaptability and endurance, making it a formidable asset in any fleet”

As far as i know only the MH-47 has the possibility of aerial refueling. We getting an us army ch-47. Will it have air refueling?  

No, the CH-47F does not have an AAR probe. But it would be a fun option to add anyways. I bet someone'll make a literal MH-47G mod for the exterior, possibly with actual AAR capabilities 

• Like 1

Also, the backup instrument is completely off. Also seems to be way too light. Here's a list of things I pointed out, that I believe are wrong; 

• The backup instrument is completely wrong in the CH-47F
  • Some caution advisories are missing, taking into account that they were even displayed.
  • Pitch control links don't seem to be connected to the pitch control arms
  • Chronometer isn't on
  • Spotted that the slip indicator was perfectly neutral in a left hand bank

ch47f-chinook-helicoptors-2719.png?ex=66

Edited by Vortexstate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vortexstate said:

Also, the backup instrument is completely off. Also seems to be way too light. Here's a list of things I pointed out, that I believe are wrong; 

• The backup instrument is completely wrong in the CH-47F
  • Some caution advisories are missing, taking into account that they were even displayed.
  • Pitch control links don't seem to be connected to the pitch control arms
  • Chronometer isn't on
  • Spotted that the slip indicator was perfectly neutral in a left hand bank

ch47f-chinook-helicoptors-2719.png?ex=66

cause its not done...

• Like 2

Wishlist:f4e,f4j,f4g,f4e aup,f8,f6f,f4u,f15e,ah1g/w,fr fireball,a7d,g91,jaguar,f1,ch53e.