Entering INS initial position ?

Matchstick
Go to solution Solved by fausete,

• Solution

Hi!

So the alignment starts when you press the asterisc button and takes the coordinates that are being shown in the screen of the INS as initial coordinates. So if your starting coordinates are correct, just press asterisc while in PP display mode.

If they are not, you will have to introduce them into a waypoint in the list, have the display option POS selected and the waypoint with the correct starting position being displayed when pressing the asterisc to start the alignment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fausete said:

Hi!

So the alignment starts when you press the asterisc button and takes the coordinates that are being shown in the screen of the INS as initial coordinates. So if your starting coordinates are correct, just press asterisc while in PP display mode.

If they are not, you will have to introduce them into a waypoint in the list, have the display option POS selected and the waypoint with the correct starting position being displayed when pressing the asterisc to start the alignment.

Right so a custom start position has to come from a waypoint !

That's just the information I was looking for. Cheers 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

Has anyone worked out how to enter the planes initial position into the INS ?

While the manual covers creating a waypoint it seems to skip over how to enter the starting position and I'm afraid I haven't been able to work it out yet.

Which manual covers adding a waypoint? The ones I have in my Doc folder are for the CE.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:32 AM, Matchstick said:

While the manual covers creating a waypoint it seems to skip over how to enter the starting position and I'm afraid I haven't been able to work it out yet.

In fact, it is explained in the manual:

"To align with the current position, instead of the memorized position, select the current position waypoint with the waypoints selecting wheel. If the current position is not memorized in one of the waypoints from the waypoints list, then it will have to be created, see waypoint creation above. Select POS with the parameters selector, the current position coordinates will be shown in the PCN display. Select ALN. Press * button".

• Like 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

On 1/30/2023 at 3:19 AM, Vibora said:

To align with the current position, instead of the memorized position, select the current position waypoint

What is the current waypoint position, though? DCS start waypoint is 0. The waypoint select wheel starts at 1. Does 1 correlate with DCS waypoint 0, or with DCS waypoint 1?

Disregard, found it:

Note: Waypoints in the INS go from 1 to 9, therefore waypoint 0 in the Mission Editor corresponds to waypoint 1 in the INS, and so on.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1