When all the DCS maps available in the Mi-24P cockpit Mini-map ?

Razorback

It is annoying that not all maps can be displayed in the dedicated cockpit mini-map.
The module is available since a quite long time and maps like Caucasus ans Syria are not fully implemented at both zoom levels.
The SA map which is the latest release is however fully implemented.
Caucasus is a DCS map even though Syria was created by UGRA it is still a DCS production and I don't understand why this kind of thing has not been implemented yet.
In fact the use of the map is at some point totally useless beacause you can fly into a black areas when not implemented...
Is it foreseen in the future (near future)??

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, randomTOTEN said:

I mean we don't even have that for the original A-10C

That's because the Hind has only access to two different raster charts. Please read this post:

I've already made an internal request.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 9:01 AM, Razorback said:

So if I good understand, there is no way to implement your map in the Hind cockpit mini-map. Correct?

Correct. Unless someone gives me a tool to decipher/re-cipher the rasterCharts.sup5 file.

• Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

This has been a HUGE pleasure to use all map scales in all maps. I can navigation fixes in Syria in small towns. I love it! 

It is nice to use, but I would still prefer to have F10 map sheets as a moving map.

Right now, with combat flying and doppler drift, after some time I can get a general fix, but F10 sheet would allow me to get exact fix on both scales.

10 minutes ago, admiki said:

Right now, with combat flying and doppler drift, after some time I can get a general fix, but F10 sheet would allow me to get exact fix on both scales.

My Caucasus raster chart mod is available, and I started working on Syria.

However, I'm aware my mod breaks IC. I'll ask devs if we can get a "Saved Games/DCS.../Mods/terrains/name_of_terrain/RasterCharts" folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First map is plain Jeppesen, second one is 35 years old Yugoslavian army map. Same area

Army map is still more relevant for VFR flying.

Maps we have as a moving map are even worse than Jep map for VFR. F10 map is army map.

20230715_145501.jpg

20230715_145443.jpg

11 minutes ago, Flappie said:

My Caucasus raster chart mod is available, and I started working on Syria.

However, I'm aware my mod breaks IC. I'll ask devs if we can get a "Saved Games/DCS.../Mods/terrains/name_of_terrain/RasterCharts" folder.

Link?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, admiki said:

Link?

Miki, please don't tell be @BaD CrC has not advertised my work at BSD yet! Because he's the one who made me start the project, after all! 😄

Here you go:

You can download the Caucasus raster charts mod here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmalAqGbEduugvh54thylKRVLfeyiw?e=r6DdgT

Unzip its content into DCS World game files root folder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Flappie said:

Miki, please don't tell be @BaD CrC has not advertised my work at BSD yet! Because he's the one who made me start the project, after all! 😄

Here you go:

You can download the Caucasus raster charts mod here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmalAqGbEduugvh54thylKRVLfeyiw?e=r6DdgT

Unzip its content into DCS World game files root folder.

You da man!

Now, what I want you to do is to forget you have any personal life and work on Syria map around the clock. You will have our eternal gratitude for your sacrifices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Razorback said:

Thxxx a lot for your work, that one of the best Hind improvement of the last months...👍

If you're talking about the resolution of the black moving map issue, ED devs fixed it, not me. 😄 There was an issue with transparency. Emptiness used to look black instead of transparent, preventing us to see other layers hidden underneath the black image.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1