F86 vs. Mig15 scenarios on Normandy map?

DST

I have a somewhat odd question. I think about getting the normandy map on current discount for using it with ficional cold war scenarios in the 1950's with F86 and Mig15, and just wanted to know if this map is suited well for this in terms of runway length, map size and general feel of this, maybe someone has tried this before for some scenario other than WWII.

• Like 1

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

Runway length shouldn't be too big of a problem. Map size is probably on the smaller end (that could be compensated if you let one faction start from england and the other in france). From the general feeling I can imagine it's decent but that there will simply be something off with the feeling. But it's probably still better than the other maps that are available.

• Thanks 1

I think the runway lengh could be difficult. Unfortunately I'm away from my gaming machine for another week, so I can't test it.

But you can check Normandy or Channel map yourself with the free 14 day trial.

Fox

Edited by iFoxRomeo
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I don't know if the 14 day trial is available on steam. But, if you have enough disk space, you could download the stand-alone version and do the trial on the Sabre, MiG and the map(s) all at once.

• Like 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I already have F86 & Mig15 🙂 have not flown them in a while mainly because they dont seem to fit on any map 🙂 so maybe I'm just going to spend those 20 bucks and hope it works out.

We really need something like southeast asian area map Korea or Vietnam for some serious first and second generation cold war era jet fighter action 🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DST said:

I have a somewhat odd question. I think about getting the normandy map on current discount for using it with ficional cold war scenarios in the 1950's with F86 and Mig15, and just wanted to know if this map is suited well for this in terms of runway length, map size and general feel of this, maybe someone has tried this before for some scenario other than WWII.

I did a cold war scenario on the Normandy map, the runways are all fine. Even a heavily loaded Sabre with external tanks and bombs can get airborne on almost any runway.

• Like 1

If you're not in big hurry, you might as well wait for the Normandy 2 to be released. It's going to be noticeably bigger than N1, and, unless N1 goes through some visual refreshing, will also be much more detailed and better looking map. That's what WIP screens and vids seem to show at least.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone interested, I can say it works pretty fine actually. Most of the airfields have long enough runways and the big ones are even concrete 🙂 This map can clearly be used for those oldschool dogfights in MiG15 & MiG19 vs. F86/MirageF1(ok I know not EXACTLY historically accurate 🙂 ) & F5´s.

The only flaw of course is the complete lack of any navigation method other than looking out of the window 🙂 (or F10)

• Thanks 1